Ratings for Dr. Alok D. Sharan

I can't thank Dr. Sharan enough! I herniated a disc in my back a few years ago and one day before I left for a very special trip to Hawaii, I triggered something where I was in excruciating pain and couldn't walk. I was extremely worried I wouldn't make my trip! I tried to get an emergency appointment with my original Dr. who is a top spine surgeon in Westchester and was told no one could see me and to try the emergency room. I was able to get an emergency appointment with Dr. Sharan that day and told him my concerns about not making the trip and he immediately said "Don't worry, we will get you there!" and he did! He prescribed a 6 day oral steroid treatment which began working quickly and allowed me to actually enjoy my vacation! And good thing he was able to get me to Hawaii because I ended up getting ENGAGED on my trip! He's such a nice man and very knowledgeable. Can't thank him enough!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2016

Dr Sharan and his staff were wonderful. I have no reservation in recommending him to anyone for spine surgery.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

Great doctor. Wonderful experience. I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2016

Dr Sharan's innovative and minimally invasive approaches to spine surgery make him a national treasure!

flag | Submitted October 13, 2016

Wonderful experience. He is a gifted surgeon. I am fortunate to meet him and his staff.

flag | Submitted September 27, 2016

I am fortunate to have met Dr Sharan. Using a minimally invasive approach to my lumbar fusion he has given me pain relief.

flag | Submitted August 30, 2016

I was fortunate to meet Dr Sharan. Him and his team helped explained my spine condition to me. With his surgical help I am now pain free.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2016

Dr. Sharan performed a minimally invasive lumbar fusion on me. I was walking the day of surgery and home by the next day.

flag | Submitted August 17, 2016

Dr. Sharan performed 3 surgeries on my spine. He performed disc replacement at top of my spine in 2007. He also performed herniated disc surgery, which had to be performed several years later because of an injury on the job in 2010. I can honestly say with no hesitation, I agreed to the surgeries. Dr. Sharon was quite straightforward in explaining my problems and made me feel quite comfortable and positive about the outcome. I can honestly say, aside from a lil arthritis, I am good. I exercise every day and I also ride my bicycle for pain management. I think I would be in a wheelchair, if it wasn't i for Dr. Sharan's healing hands. Love my Doctor!

flag | Submitted September 26, 2015

There's a reason why he is the chief of spinal surgery. He is a very professional, knowledgeable surgeon who performs with accuracy and precision. He takes his work very seriously and treats all of his patients with care and respect. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted August 13, 2013

Dr. Alok D. Sharan's Credentials

• Spanish

• Umdnj-New Jersey Medical School (Grad. 2000)

Avmed