Ratings for Dr. Arash Emami

Well this is what my Back looks like after double fusion in Sept 2016 L 1-2 level; essentially appear unremarkable. L2-3 level; Mild diffuse disc bulge is noted mainly causing external pressure impression over the left lateral nerve root. L3-4 level; herniated disc is noted causing external pressure impression on the thecal sac and nerve roots bilaterally with narrowing of the spinal canal. L4-5 and L5-S1 levels; there is bilateral lateral laminectomies with postsurgical changes and possibly fibrosis limits evaluation of thecal sac and nerve roots. Underlying herniation of disc cannot be excluded. Osteoarthritic changes are noted at the apophyseal joints bilaterally with new bone formation. Further evaluation is suggested if clinically necessary. Metallic screws in place and appears to be in alignment. Vertebral bodies are in alignment. Osteoarthritic changes with sclerosis of the adjacent endplates at the L5-S1 level is noted. Pre-and paravertebral soft tissues are within normal limits. Both sacroiliac joints appear unremarkable.

flag | Submitted June 21, 2016

unscrewpulous guy. Was scheduled for a micro disctetomy on 3/26/12. His nurse practitioner came into the examining rm with multi forms prior to surf. In the batch were BLANK CONSENT FORMS. Never saw this guy b4 or after surgery. Found out the next day at the hosp.. from 1 of his associated that he did laminectomy, fusion and converted my back into a hardware store. Why? to request and receive from my ins. almost $250,000. I ended with all sorts of problems. Had to receive another surg. from a reputable dr. at Hosp. for Spec. Surgery where the necessary, unauthorized surgery had to be redone from A to Z. I now have all sorts of complications where I can't walk a single block. I can no longer play softball, job, attend a church service. I was informed that he has mangled and damaged other patients as well. BE WARE with this unscrupulous guy...

flag | Submitted March 27, 2016

Ended up going with another surgeon. Spent little time with me, explained nothing, and felt rushed.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2014

Awful experience with Dr. Emami. Had a 5-minute visit with him where he gave some cursory advice that turned out to be completely contradicted by every other doctor I saw. Told me he took my insurance, then afterward said he was mistaken and sent me a bill for $600. He refused to explain himself and sent me into collections. Nice guy. Thankfully, I filed a claim with the licensing board for NY so this quack will be disciplined.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2014

I had major back surgery by Dr.Emami. I could not be happier. He was very confident, and patient. He awsered all my question, I completly trust him. Woul recommend him to everyone.

flag | Submitted June 10, 2009

I have a couple of opinions regarding my back and then went to Dr. Emami. He provided thorough, understandable knowledge. He took ample time to explain the procedure and allowed me to choose options. I am so grateful for his expertise and talent and would highly recommend him to anyone considering spinal surgery. His staff was helpful and friendly.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2009

Dr. Arash Emami's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1994)