Ratings for Dr. Randolph Steinhagen

This doctor is awful. He is very rude and only cares about the money. This man left an abscess in me, I had I had a fistula from a previous abscess that he did surgery on. I called and called and he blew me off. I had to have another surgeon take of his mess ups. All I'm saying is do research before you choose this doctor. He is not gentle either, this man is very rough.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2016

I cannot say enough amazing things to describe what Doctor Steinhagen has done for me. He saved my life. I suffer from severe Crohn's disease with rectal fistulas and have many Cton drains placed. He is always so caring, compassionate, open, honest and treats me like I'm his family. I have been going to him for close to 6 years and I completely trust him in every sense of the word. He is absolutely incredible and I cannot thank him enough for what he has done to make my life a little bit easier. I went through nightmare after nightmare with unskilled surgeons for my severe Crohn's. Dr Steinhagen quickly and calmly fixed the issues and always makes sure I'm comfortable and happy. He is the best. If I ever have an issue, I email him directly and he makes sure he sees me in his office right away. Extremely accomodating. Now THAT'S a great doctor. If I keep talking I wil write a page or two more so basically, if you are suffering, he is the man to go to!!

flag | Submitted May 22, 2016

This doctor is very pedantic and rude. He told me to stop asking questions

flag | Submitted March 10, 2016

I've been seeing Dr. Steinhagen for 6 years now. He is the ONLY person I will ever allow to do surgery until he retires of course. There came a time where I had no insurance and desperately needed surgery and he told me not to worry about anything and never even sent me a single bill. This man has come to know myself, my grandmother because she always took me to his office, and my daughter as well because he asks about her. He is the most compassionate Doctor I've ever met and the only one that is not money hungry. I would bring my own child to him if I ever had to (God forbid). But anyway, the man is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Though Dr. S is decorated with many awards and glowing reviews, he has easily been one of the most uncomfortable doctors I've ever worked with. His general lack of concern, and blunt homophobia has made my recovery from a rectal surgery all the more unpleasant. His condescending attitude, and clear disinterest in my case has made this whole process even more concerning and frightening. If you are part of the LGBT community please take heed!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I thank God I've not needed surgery, however, each time I've been to Dr. Steinhagen (3 0r 4 in 15 years) He ALWAYS treats me with interest, compassion and always with professionalism and concern. He is the best of the best. Bill G. (NYC)

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Excellent doctor. One of a kind person. Simply the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Best doctor alive hands down. Understanding about no insurance. Has done about 8 surgeries on me. I will NOT go to any other colorectal surgeon even though I live an hour and a half from Mt Sinai.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

dr steinhagen is a great dr & person he saved my life and treated me for free what else can i say god bless him jay rader

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I new Mt Sinai was the place for colorectal surgery. I had a 35 yr history of UC, in total remission for past 14 yrs. And then, out of nowhere, as will eventually happen with long UC history, cancerous lesion popped up on routine colonoscopy with my gastro guy in NJ. Three names popped up as recommended at Sinai...Steinhagen as the director, Adrian Greenstein (was out of town), and Joel Bauer (had consultation with him, doesn't take insurance...outrageous price...egomaniac). Steinhagen was the slam dunk choice. Low key, NO ego whatsoever, a complete gentleman with a great background. Removed my colon in early January, needed chemo as there was one node involvement, will complete chemo then have reversal j-pouch surgery. Dr S has been the best all the way through. Could not have made a better choice.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Randolph Steinhagen's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1977)