You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Randolph Steinhagen

I've been seeing Dr. Steinhagen for 6 years now. He is the ONLY person I will ever allow to do surgery until he retires of course. There came a time where I had no insurance and desperately needed surgery and he told me not to worry about anything and never even sent me a single bill. This man has come to know myself, my grandmother because she always took me to his office, and my daughter as well because he asks about her. He is the most compassionate Doctor I've ever met and the only one that is not money hungry. I would bring my own child to him if I ever had to (God forbid). But anyway, the man is amazing and I HIGHLY recommend him!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2015

Though Dr. S is decorated with many awards and glowing reviews, he has easily been one of the most uncomfortable doctors I've ever worked with. His general lack of concern, and blunt homophobia has made my recovery from a rectal surgery all the more unpleasant. His condescending attitude, and clear disinterest in my case has made this whole process even more concerning and frightening. If you are part of the LGBT community please take heed!

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I thank God I've not needed surgery, however, each time I've been to Dr. Steinhagen (3 0r 4 in 15 years) He ALWAYS treats me with interest, compassion and always with professionalism and concern. He is the best of the best. Bill G. (NYC)

flag | Submitted May 25, 2015

Excellent doctor. One of a kind person. Simply the best out there.

flag | Submitted January 7, 2015

Best doctor alive hands down. Understanding about no insurance. Has done about 8 surgeries on me. I will NOT go to any other colorectal surgeon even though I live an hour and a half from Mt Sinai.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2014

dr steinhagen is a great dr & person he saved my life and treated me for free what else can i say god bless him jay rader

flag | Submitted June 22, 2014

I new Mt Sinai was the place for colorectal surgery. I had a 35 yr history of UC, in total remission for past 14 yrs. And then, out of nowhere, as will eventually happen with long UC history, cancerous lesion popped up on routine colonoscopy with my gastro guy in NJ. Three names popped up as recommended at Sinai...Steinhagen as the director, Adrian Greenstein (was out of town), and Joel Bauer (had consultation with him, doesn't take insurance...outrageous price...egomaniac). Steinhagen was the slam dunk choice. Low key, NO ego whatsoever, a complete gentleman with a great background. Removed my colon in early January, needed chemo as there was one node involvement, will complete chemo then have reversal j-pouch surgery. Dr S has been the best all the way through. Could not have made a better choice.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2014

Dr. Steinhagen is the most compassionate, thorough, competent and accessible Dr. that I have ever met! I suffer from a birth injury from delivering my child called rectovaginal fistula. I knew from the beginning that he is a teaching surgeon and while I was not always happy showing everyone all of my business I knew it was for the greater good. Many websites say that my type of injury was eliminated in 'developed' countries but it still happens and is VERY hard to repair (Please do not ever have an episiotomy and forceps during delivery-MY OPINION). After my surgeries he was ALWAYS available to answer my concerns and his staff is wonderful also.New doctors need Dr. Steinhagen's valuable knowledge from surgical experience to help women like me.

flag | Submitted August 19, 2013

I could not say enough kind things about Dr Steinhagen. Caring man, returns phonecalls within minutes, spends time with his patients answering questions and concerns. I used to think Dr Fazio at Cleveland Clinic was the best, until Dr Steinhagen saved my quality of life.

flag | Submitted March 1, 2013

Dr Steinhagen is the best period, his knowledge and kindness is unmatched by another type of surgeon . He returns calls answers all questions asked and makes himself available when needed. His office is run professionally when you are given an appointment you do not wait for hours as you do in other doctors offices. I can not say enough good things about this kind and caring doctor. May God bless you Dr Steinhagen

flag | Submitted September 7, 2012

Dr. Randolph Steinhagen's Credentials

• Wayne State Univ Sch Of Med, Detroit Mi 48201 (Grad. 1977)

GHI

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I've been seeing Dr. Steinhagen for 6 years now. He is the ONLY person I will ever allow to do surgery until he retires of course. There came a time where I had..."

November 17, 2015
  • A new 3-star rating has been posted. "Though Dr. S is decorated with many awards and glowing reviews, he has easily been one of the most uncomfortable doctors I've ever worked with. His general lack..."

July 16, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I thank God I've not needed surgery, however, each time I've been to Dr. Steinhagen (3 0r 4 in 15 years) He ALWAYS treats me with interest, compassion and alway..."

May 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent doctor. One of a kind person. Simply the best out there."

January 7, 2015
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Best doctor alive hands down. Understanding about no insurance. Has done about 8 surgeries on me. I will NOT go to any other colorectal surgeon even though I l..."

October 1, 2014