Ratings for Dr. Edward D. Simmons

I had surgery by him 14 yrs ago and he has ruined my LIFE. He ruptured a disc in surgery and never knew it. Had another surgery by him and he didn't cut up far enough to see the disc. So now I have drop foot and I'm more croaked now. Wish I never had surgery. He's the worst.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2018

Dr. has excellent bedside manner, explained surgery in layman's terms. Physician assistant Tanya listens & is well informed. Clerical staff is friendly & surgery scheduler was extremely helpful with insurance problems.

flag | Submitted October 29, 2015

I've been seeing Dr. Simmons for over 20 years and he has done over nine surgerys. I've had great results from all my surgerys . If it wasn't for him I wouldn't be walking. My neck and back are completely fussed. I still golf. I'm not pain free but have learned to live with it. His bedside manner is wonderful and I've never had any problems with any of my surgerys. His staff has always been very helpful. My mother and sister were also patients of his and had very good results with their surgerys. Dr. Simmons is the best spine Dr. I've ever had.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2013

Dr. has excellent bedside manner & his office staff was friendly & professional. He took the time to explain all options to me not just surgery.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2012

The wait is unfair and painful for back and neck sufferers. I was told that after 4 hours of waiting that I couldn't even leave to have lunch and come back- that I would lose my spot. In the end, I waited 5 and a half hours abd received NO APOLOGY or EXPLANATION. His medical assistant is a jerk. His surgical expertise is questionable as well. I have had other doctors look at my films and tell me placements of hardware were placed poorly. I have more problems on the side this is on to this day. Do not recommend at all.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2011

Very professional doctor with excellent bed side manner however, office manager is very ignorant & did not address my concerns

flag | Submitted July 15, 2010

I feel this "doctor" ****ed me. I am unable to walk now because of him. I'm in so much pain now I just want to die. He is very insensitive and his staff are horrendous!!!! I had a very bad infection because of back surgery and he and his staff blew me off for two weeks. He is living off his father's reputation.

flag | Submitted March 18, 2010

Dr. Edward D. Simmons's Credentials

• Mc Gill Univ, Fac Of Med, Montreal, Que, Canada (Grad. 1981)