Ratings for Dr. Irma Schuurman

Dr. Schuurman has been unnecessarily rude on multiple occasions that my mother, friend, and myself have gone back. She told me that I would lose my job because of my knee surgery and refused to give my friend birth control because "she wasn't in a serious relationship." Not only was she unhelpful and unsympathetic, but if you are a woman and decide to drop into a clinic on a day when she isn't available, her male coworkers will refuse to help you with anything pertaining to the gential region and will tell you to come back when Schuurman is in.

flag | Submitted September 1, 2017

A Fantastic doctor. Very knowledgeable and caring. Has been incredible over the years.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2017

Amazing family doctor. She helped me understand and manage my health issues which I have been struggling with for years. She's very thorough and experienced. I'm so glad to have her as my family doctor.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2017

Dr. Schuurman has been my family doctor for many years. She is very caring and committed to her patients. She always listens to my concerns. I always leave her office feeling better. I know that my health is in good hands.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

She's so kind and caring. She really makes me feel heard when I share my problems with her. She goes above and beyond to help me. I'm so glad to have her as my doctor.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2017

wonderful doctor. She has cared for me and my family for many years. Over the years she has helped us with several serious medical problems. She has made sure that we were connected with the care we needed in timely manner. I am so thankful for her care.

flag | Submitted March 12, 2017

I've been Dr Schuurman patient for almost 15 years. Yes there's always a long wait before your appointment but it is worth it. She can be in a rush sometimes but if you simply limit your concerns to 2 things per appointment she will accommodate it. I've read some reviews on here saying she is rude and I don't agree at all. I'm probably her worst patient and she has only ever been short with me but never rude. Her and I haven't always seen eye to eye on things, when that has happened I simply made another appointment and further explained my concerns. She is a very busy doctor and she is human so not every day is sunshine and roses. She is a fantastic doctor.

flag | Submitted February 16, 2017

She's an amazing doctor. Worth the wait. That's why she's so busy is because she is so knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted January 18, 2017

She is very old school and very arrogant. She denied that I have Candidiasis (Gastrointestinal Candida Infection) because she "didn't believe in it". This is after I have read countless studies published in the past 10 years talking about the dangers of a fungal Candida infection and the complications that can arise. She does not care to further her knowledge. She is a run of the mill basic GP with zero understanding of any new conditions, complications, or anything to do with mental health. She is always behind, rushed and late. Very invalidating and disingenuous. Steer clear.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2016

Expect to wait at mininum 70 mins over and above your appointment every single time, I mean every single time. Staff has gotten better but waiting is terrible for just a few minutes of her time. However I believe she is a good doctor.

flag | Submitted November 23, 2016