Ratings for Dr. William Macaulay

Best orthopaedic surgeon in the world! Just saw Dr. M post-operatively at his new NYU offices and it has been an incredible experience. Surgery and post operative care spot on. I have my life back and can mobilize again. Ten stars to Dr. M!!!

flag | Submitted March 23, 2017

He was dismissive. Since he had no idea.what to do, he could not wait to.get rid of me. I waited for a long time in a hot stuffy.so called waiting room. He never introduced.himself and was rude. His staff is sloppy and.not.helpful. This traumatic experience may have turned me off to the entire medical profession.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2016

I had total knee replacement surgery with Dr Macaulay two and a half weeks ago and am fully ambulatory without even a cane. I haven't even started PT yet. My first replacement was 5 years ago and I thought I did pretty good then. I couldn't be happier. I highly recommend Dr. Macaulay and the staff at the Joint Replacement Center at NYP-Lawrence Hospital in Bronxville. The care by the nursing and PT staff was exceptional.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2016

After I visited ER due to a knee pain on my left leg, I saw Dr Macaulay. At first he seemed nice and ordered an MRI. However, when results showed a cycts on bone with a minor bone damage, he send me home with antiinflamator and told me to visit him 2 years later! There was no treatment, no further follow up or check up and worse, when I complained him that I have a similar pain on right knee as well, he told me "he is pretty sure the same thing is going on on my right knee, so no need to check it"! On top of all, I have a family history of bad knees ! I am still shocked that I was send home with no further care!

flag | Submitted April 2, 2009