Ratings for Dr. William O. Thompson

I had problems with both knees. He insisted on looking at, and x-raying one at a time. He told me i needed knee cap resurfacing or replacement from the initial physical. My insurance changed, of course he didn't take my new one. THANK GOD. My new dr examined and x-rayed my knees in literally 30 minutes. BOTH knees at once. My knee caps are pristine he said and even showed me my kneecaps and an example of ones needing major surgery. From my experience and other friends this dr over reaches diagnosis and stretches it out to get more money from the insurance. This is my 2nd round for this dr. He has a great reputation but not as far as i am concerned. Money hungry at the expense of patient inconvenience. At least get a 2nd opinion of this dr's diagnosis.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2016

The best Orthopedic surgeon. He saw that I did need help and preformed my total knee replacement the following week! I could not recommend any other orthopedic surgeon!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2015

Hello Dr. Thompson, This note is to advise you of my current status: On July 8, 2015 I will celebrate the Second Anniversary of your work of art. My Left Shoulder, (re-attached tendon), is functioning normally, with the full ranges of all movements. No twinges. I am performing all activities as well as I did before the injury. Thanks to you, my Left-Handed Fencing, (Foil and Sabre), and Tennis, are the same as they were. You did a great job! I give your name whenever someone inquires. Thank you, George T. Gallagher Kingston, NY

flag | Submitted June 4, 2015

Dr. William Thompson changed my life forever... for the worse. The hip replacement he performed on my was a complete failure and botch job. He made my leg 2 inches too long, hammer in replacement at wrong angle requiring an immediate re-do ("revision") by a competent surgeon. The second surgeon also stated that the cup installed by "Dr" Thompson two weeks earlier was loose! -- He may be a nice guy, but from my experience he is a lousy surgeon. The clerk at Home Depot could measured better than "Dr" Thompson.

flag | Submitted November 29, 2013

Dr Thompson is a quiet doctor who shows respect for his patients. His staff is excellent. They show compassion for the patient and try to make an appointment as soon as possible. Dr Thompson is not one to rush a patient into surgery. He is very thorough and knowledgeable. I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted March 27, 2013

Dr. Thompson trained at the Hospital for Special Surgery and is extremely thorough and good. Often you have to wait a long while to see him but that is because he is more interested in his patient than the time and he never rushes you. So when it is your time to see him you will not feel rushed. I had my hip replaced and he did a great job -- my scar is much shorter than other surgeons and he makes sure the best appliances are used. I have referred several people to him and they have all been pleased. I have been to several orthopedic doctors in the Poughkeepsie area and he is the best I have found that accept my insurance. If you are willing to travel you will find great doctors at the hospital for special surgery -- at the time the hospital would not accept Aetna. Again I was very happy and would recommend him and I do not recommend many doctors.

flag | Submitted March 9, 2009

Dr. William O. Thompson's Credentials

• University Of Pittsburgh School Of Medicine (Grad. 1991)

Secure Horizons