Ratings for Dr. Timothy Murphy

I have had Dr. Murphy as my family doctor since childhood. I have always felt entirely comfortable with Dr. Murphy and completely cared for. He is now the doctor for my children, and they enjoy seeing him as he has great bedside manner and a pleasant personality. I echo the statements of another reviewer who said that some of the negative feedback is disturbing. As with all doctors, I have sometimes requested a second opinion or a referral, and Dr. Murphy is always glad to oblige. I would recommend Dr. Murphy to anyone I care about.

flag | Submitted November 14, 2016

I feel a little uncomfortable talking to him about the narcotics

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

I find that last comment very disturbing. Dr .Murphy truly does care about the well being of his patients. He made numerous trips to K.G.H. to visit my wife before and after surgeries and also came to hospice house to see us. All of these visits were on his own time and at his expense. It terribly annoys me that people like you would post comments like you just did.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2016

This clown should loose his licence as he doesn't care about his patients. He doesn't bother to visit them in the hospital and is more concerned about making money than the well being of his patients. Can't think of a good thing to say about this "Doctor"

flag | Submitted February 27, 2016

Dr. Murphy has always been amazing with me and my family. He takes the necessary time (without wasting time) and is always balanced between cautious (not taking meds or getting tests that aren't necessary) and thorough. I am very grateful that he was still taking patients when I moved to Lake Country because I stumbled upon a gem with this doctor!!

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

Dr. Murphy was a family physican for over 15 years. When I was so sick with headaches, vomiting, kidney stones etc. he did not seem too concerned. Up some anti depressants and I got worse. After 6 more months I landed in ER to discover I had a major brain cancer!! I could not believe that I was not told anything about this just that I had some pituatary issues which were causing me to feel unwell. I was bedridden daily for 12 months because of his lack of ability to empathize or suggest other specialists etc. I have now found a new Doctor and am feeling much better with many, many specialists appointments and medication changes. He rushed me out of his office within 6 minutes each visit, I timed them. I think if he cannot be compassionate or accusatory about my being an addict, which I am not, he should retire!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2015

Very personable. After almost 20 years that I have been seeing him,I must say his diagnostic are very good. I have a great deal of confidence in his judgement. If there is a doubt he will refer you to a specialist. I could not ask for anything more from a GP.

flag | Submitted April 14, 2014

I find Dr. Murphy to be very rude and uncaring. I have had to see him as a walk in doctor, I was having severe muscle pain in my neck which was causing very, very painful headaches, the pain was unbearable and I was in tears he looked at me and wrote a referral to physiotherapy. He is all about getting you out of there as fast as he can and on to the next. Terrible experiences with him.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2013

Dr.Murphy knows what he is doing, very helpful, pleasant and takes his time explaining problems etc. Just a SUPER family phycian, he is been our confidant in all respects for the past 24 years. Too bad there are not more Dr.Murphy's!! Sure hope he does not retire before we expire!!

flag | Submitted May 21, 2013

I have been going to Dr. Murphy since childhood and am extremely happy with him: he is professional, knowledgeable, kind and relaxed. I always feel like he takes a sincere interest in my health and concerns, and find him to be reassuring and gentle natured. I am now taking my son to him. Glad to have him as my family doctor and would reccommend him any day! :)

flag | Submitted March 26, 2012