Ratings for Dr. Edward N. Powell, Retired

I AM SO VERY HAPPY WITH MY NEW KNEE. I CANT BELIEVE THE DIFFERENCE IT HAS MADE. I AM HAPPY WITH THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE.

flag | Submitted February 24, 2017

Not happy at all with my apt. I wasn't suppose to see him and got him. Horrible bedside manner!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2017

I would recommend Dr. Powell to anyone. When I met with Dr. Powell and his staff and explained my situation the were kind, courteous and professional. Dr. Powell took time to examine my knees and ask questions of me. Upon that an MRI was recommended. Upon my return to his office, he reviewed my MRI with me and a replica of a knee to give me a better understanding of what was going on. He went over options and possibly what I will have to have done in the future. I walked out of there feeling completely satisfied and will be back when the time is needed.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2017

He is rude and one of the worst doctors that I have ever known. He was in and out of the room in less then five minutes. This visit was for my teenage daughter, no tact or bedside manner at all. He gets paid a ridiculous amount and makes it seem like we are a bother . Will never recommend or see again. Also never returning to that orthopedic group again , because no one like that should be allowed to work there. Horrible person

flag | Submitted October 22, 2015

Fell in my backyard, walked on my ankle for two weeks, had an xray, nothing broken, still swollen, walked 2more weeks, had an MRI, it showed a partial tear and stretched ligaments. Referred to Dr Powell. He came in the room and said "why are you here?" I explained and he said and again, why did your PCM refer you to a Surgeon? This is a grade 1 sprain, fixed by PT, the boot you are wearing is overkill. I am a farmer, I kept reinjuring the sprain by uneven turf -- he told me I needed to watch where I was walking! I also work full time in a medical clinic, if we had doctors like this, they would be shown the door. He made me feel belittled, humiliated and extremely upset. He said PCM's don't know how to take care of basic injuries and waste surgeon's time for being referred for "simple ankle sprains". Never again. Even if I break a bone, will I accept a referral to NC Ortho. Your oath Dr. Powell: "I will remember that there is art to medicine as well as science, and that warmth, sympathy, and understanding may outweigh the surgeon's knife or the chemist's drug." Where was your warmth, sympathy and understanding???? Perhaps my PCM was wrong to refer, but you were so wrong to treat me the way you treated me. Thank you for the lesson in the high and mighty attitudes of "Surgeons". Wow.

flag | Submitted October 1, 2015

I am a emt. Personal trainer and massage therapist. I turned right hand using and icecream scooper, felt pop and tingle. Days later pain and couldn' t move. Dr powell came in shook my right hand and said u tore your bicep tendon, cut me off to every question and leftthe room. I thought he was coming back till nurse gave PT slip and showed me where to exit! Whatttt! So i went to therapy and looked up my injury. I have no matching symptoms. I asked for different dr and2nd opinion. Didi mention 60% of pay! I need a diagnosis and remedy. Not waste my time on the wrong treatment. Very aarogant. Btw he went to a 1 star medical school. 1 out 5.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2012

I fell and have severe pain, numbness and burning in my hip and down my leg. dr powell when he finally came in acted like I was scum for having workers comp and seemed uninterested when I was describing my symptoms. he said he didnt see anything particularly wrong with me but when i seemed to get annoyed said he would schedule me for an mri to double check. i got paperwork right before my mri and he hadnt listened to a word i said and had very wrong information down so the mri was focused in the wrong area. then when he saw nothing told me there was nothing i could do but try yoga. I started to cry because id been doing yoga since my initial injury 7mo prior and I was still in pain. he got annoyed that i was crying and said well there was nothing wrong with the mri and he knew people that had my symptoms for years with no relief. YEARS ! Way to be reassuring asshat!

flag | Submitted August 20, 2012

I am a medical professional and got hurt on the job. Mind you I was still attempting to work. He treated me like I was the scum of the Earth. The first appointment I had he walked into the room and said Why are You even Here? No Hello, I'm Dr Powell. He then proceeded to tell me to "deal" with the pain, nothing was wrong. Without examining my hand. Ive had two other Dr's in my workplace look at my hand and they both told me to see ortho IMMEDIATELY, something was wrong. Apparently burning, numbness, severe pain, and tearing sensations are normal, and the visible deformity is normal. The second visit I had due to increased problems, he didn't even bother to come into the room fully. He told me not to come back, its fine, and when I tried to explain the problems, he walked out of the room. I asked a couple of my co workers about him, apparently he has this reputation, he does NOT treat patients with respect, and I will NOT go back there.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2012

I went to see him as a followup for an injured ankle that wasn't healing after several months. "Dr." Powell wouldn't explain what was wrong, and basically shipped me to physical therapy without bothering to even look at me. He left the room barely 30 seconds after entering, and the nurse (who was VERY nice) was left to explain my treatment. And it turns out they plan on charging my visit to Workers Comp for $845. $845 for a single visit? What? I will never ever use him as a doctor again.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2009

Two Issues with this physician: (1) This orthopod attempted to have me make a follow-up appointment to treat my major complaint--a knee aspiration, even though it was explained to him that a follow-up appointment would incur additional charges i.e. "office visit" (I waspaying cash); (2) This physician began to *whistle* in the middle of me explaining a few things surrounding my major complaint in leading up to some questions I had for him. Yes, he actually began whistling as I was talking to him, in an attempt, I guess, to drown out what I was saying. I'll let you'all draw your own conclusions as to whether you want to enlist his services.

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Edward N. Powell, Retired's Credentials

• Wright State University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1981)

Harvard-Pilgrim