Ratings for Dr. James E. Kemmler

When you make a sooner appt with this Dr because of a serious issue he tells you he won't see you.

flag | Submitted August 10, 2016

QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK QUACK

flag | Submitted November 4, 2015

My husband has had two surgeries with Dr. Kemmler and we are very pleased with both results. He told us exactly what was going to happen and it happened the way he said it would. He came into the room before surgery, after surgery and kept the family well informed of what was going on. He never hurries when we were there for a visit answers all of my questions as well as my husband's questions. I feel very comfortable and confident going to Dr. Kemmler. My only complaint is the length of time you have to wait unless you have the very first appointment in the morning they never run on time. And I realize that's not always his fault but it is a consistent happening. I know several people who have used his skill and are very pleased with the quality of work done.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

He was the surgeon on moving a nerve in my right elbow approx 8yrs ago. He cut 4" in length down my arm, stapled the incision together, put in a cast. I told him the staples were coming loose, they were sticking me causing pain. He never inspected, said it was fine. later he took off the cast to see over 1/2CM wide to almost 1/2 inch now scar and deformed elbow (looks like something a non doctor might do). This past year 2014, my elbow, arm has been in major pain (I have all the symptoms as I did before), I believe the procedure has come undone. I'm afraid of loosing the use of my arm. I will never go back to him again. As you wait in the room to go into surgery, usually the doctor will come in & talk to you; Kimmler didnt bother, I didnt see him before going into surgery or after in recovery, He was too busy operating on other people didnt have time. I heard after, his nick name is the Butcher, I at 56 yr old, I agree with the others, looking at my arm proves it.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Dr Kemmler worked on my wrist & arm around 2007, today is 2014, the surgery did not hold, I am in major pain every day, I'm afraid I will loose the use of my right arm, the scar on my arm, looks like a kid did it, the gap/scar is 1/4" wide. When he preformed the surgery, it was right before he went on vacation, He didn't even come in to talk to me prior to surgery like most doctors do. He stapled my arm, put it in a cast and forgot about it even when I told him the staples weren't holding I felt them poking me. I have nick named him "The Butcher", I'm not the only one who feels that way.

flag | Submitted June 17, 2014

Was uncomfortable with this Dr. Several references to weight during each visit, almost unkind. Also injection hurt extremely bad, but another Dr/Asst. in the office shots didn't hurt at all, why is this?

flag | Submitted April 14, 2009

Dr. James E. Kemmler's Credentials

• University Of Illinois At Chicago Health Science Center (Grad. 1995)

Oxford