Ratings for Dr. David M. Sparks

Dr. David Sparks is one of the best sports medicine physicians and surgeons in the state. I have been to several and he is one of the finest. He has performed two rotator cuff surgeries and two knee surgeries, one of these was a total knee replacement. All of these surgeries were very successful. He is very professional and really cares about his patients. My wife is also a patient of Dr. Sparks. We both think he is great and would not hesitate to have him perform any surgery that is in his field. His staff has been a little troublesome at times, but is much improved at present. Dr. sparks is extremely busy, so that is more than likely a part of the scheduling difficulties that I encountered. Show me a good doctors' office that isn't busy, and I'll show you one that I don't want to schedule with!

flag | Submitted January 15, 2014

Oh man. Appointment was for 2:30. I showed up around 2:15. I did not get out of the waiting room until 3:30. Once back there the nurse asked a couple questions. Waited 20 minutes for him. He finally came back and was so rushed and rude. Burping, yawning, not giving me my options and the worse was him saying that he doesn't necessarily care if I decide to do surgery or not because he has enough patients right now. Seriously? This guy would be cutting me open to perform a surgery that will affect my life for the long haul and he had such a throw away attitude. He spoke to me for about 5-10 minutes and then walked out and said come back in a couple weeks. His receptionist(s) were so inattentive. They would not even look up at you when you come to their window to acknowledge you. It was ridiculous. He may be a great surgeon- but with that attitude, I'll never know.

flag | Submitted March 22, 2013

Dr Sparks did my mothers knee replacement June 2012. The surgery went well, but the anesthesia did not do well with her, she was 81yrs old at the time. Dr Sparks was helpful and concerned about this issue. He stated he really did not want to do this surgery, but mom was in pain, and it was her wish to get better. It was moms primary doctor (dr Gray) that was not focused on the problems mom had with the meds after the surgery. Dr Sparks has been a great doctor to mom, even did house calls to help mom out, when she was so sick she could not make her appointment to his office.

flag | Submitted January 21, 2013

I believe in my heart that Dr. Sparks is responsible for my 90 year old grandmothers death. In the latter part of 2009 my grandmother fell and broke her hip. Dr. Sparks performed the surgery on her to fix her hip. Elderly people do not handle being under anesthesia very well so she had to go to a resthome for a couple of weeks until she could walk and get her bearings about herself back. She wasn't home a few days from the resthome and her hip came out after shifting herself on the sofa. Dr. Sparks did a 2nd surgery on her hip which she did not survive because the anesthesia took its toll on her brain. Had Dr. Sparks done his job correctly the first time I believe that my grandmother would still be here with us for a little while longer.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2010

Never called me back to make an appointment even after Dr. saw me in the ER with my fracture

flag | Submitted September 13, 2009

Dr. David M. Sparks's Credentials

• University Of Oklahoma College Of Medicine (Grad. 2000)

Top Hospitals in Ponca City, OK