Ratings for Dr. Brad Atkinson

When my husband and I returned to Sheet Harbour after many years we asked Dr Atkinson to be our Dr, my husband was in very poor health and was terminaly ill , Dr Atkinson was wonderfully to him and me explaining things , and treating us both with kindness and compassion , and in my husbands last days did everything he could to make him comfortable and pain free, at no time in our many visits to him and on our trips to emergency when he was on duty did I ever smell booze or drugs on him like some malicious gossips are suggesting , if he wants to take a drink when he if not on duty , so what , I like a drink myself from time to time , there is no harm in that , I have worked in the care industry and have taken clients to visit many different Dr's , some good and some not so good , Dr Atkinson is one of the good ones , as are Dr MacDonald and Dr Anthony , we are very lucky to have three great Dr's, and as for the person who said Dr Atkinson was rude , codswallop ,he is nice friendly and has a great sense of humor , and he will stay my doctor , I am looking forward to his return.

flag | Submitted August 23, 2016

What an awful doctor. A friend of mine went to the hospital after being punched in the nose. She was bleeding profusely from her nose. Before even talking to him she said she could immediately smell alcohol and marijuana on his person. Then after examining her said to just take some tylenol and go home because her nose was fine. She ended up going to get an x-ray in the city and her nose was indeed broken and needed to be re-set. A garbage doctor who at this point should just have his license revoked.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

He has been reprimanded by the College of Physicians. See http://www.cpsns.ns.ca/Complaints-Investigations/Disciplinary-Decisions/Details/ArticleId/244/Colleges-Announces-Decision-Regarding-Dr-Bradley-Atkinson-of-Sheet-Harbour-NS

flag | Submitted February 6, 2016

Personally, I have no issues with Dr. Atkinson. I feel that he has been very beneficial with regards to my health and then some. As he has made me aware of a very serious lung disease and is treating me as best as he or anybody else would be able to. Regards to drinking .. well, if I had to listen to multiple complaints on a daily basis about the same issue in a lot of cases .. or just listen to people because they want to talk with someone due to the fact that nobody else will listen as they have heard it all many times before , or it is just generally repetitive and non serious issues that can be resolved with general care . Or in some other cases maybe certain people are there every other day because they are hypochondriacs, And I can understand why some people may have a scattered drink or a few, if that be the case as i have seen in some comments, I know that I have had in past and present and I am a very productive person in society . After all he is not a politician , he is a doctor and my son is now in university to become a GP , and like other young men and women his age .. they drink and they also do pot and some others take all types of drugs . Prescribed and otherwise . Personally , even if he seems to have had a few problems of his own and may be his own worst enemy , I am very happy to have him as my doctor because he is always there when I need him and he never denies me anything that I have requested of him or charged me for forms or paperwork. And God knows I have had a ton of paper work and other issues that I have had to deal with over the past couple of years and he has been nothing but gracious and treated me with the up most respect . I was addicted to prescription drugs and started self medicating intravenously , as many of you have, and I am in my fifties now and because of Dr. Brad Atkinson that I am now recently clean from all that I will travel that extra 500 km round trip to keep him as my doctor and my confident. so I think that some people need to take the log out of their own eyes and take a good look in the mirror especially when it comes to those to help us. Jesus is perfect and look how they all persecuted him He is human and my doctor .. Not my God,

flag | Submitted December 23, 2015

Not exactly a stellar history with respect to drug and alcohol abuse. Scary that this guy is a medical doctor

flag | Submitted September 7, 2015

The last comment is completely wrong, my guess is it was posted by one of the local druggies who couldn't get what they wanted. I've always found dr atkinson personable and if anything he's tried very hard to get me off meds my regular dr prescribed that im just too young to be on. I've never smelled liquor on his breath, nor seen him do drugs. Best choice I ever made was to go see him.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Do not go to this doctor any longer. I too have witnessed on many occasions where he was on call and would not come in, probably drinking at the pub. He once showed up though and was drinking I could smell it on his breath . He is know to do drugs himself. He does not have a license any longer for narcotic prescriptions because of misusing. He is also very quick to get you out of the office and always pushing ear drops and nasal sprays for everything. He can also be very rude telling you to lose weight he could word it differently. Done with him.,, All you are to him is another MSI charge.

flag | Submitted June 23, 2015

Dr Atkinson is a very god doctor with a very nic personality, and is kind and understanding and helpful

flag | Submitted June 8, 2015

Very nice doctor! Easy to talk to!! Takes his time!! Enjoys concerts & his pub!! M.M.

flag | Submitted March 29, 2013

As the daughter of a loyal till the end patient I can only say how disappointed I was/am in this doctor. It took 7 months for my mom to pass and I never laid eyes on the man, he made a lot of my mothers necessary treatments/medications very difficult for her. The last 3 days of her life was spent in the palliative care room in the hospital in Sheet Hbr., where Dr. Atkinson's office is, and he did not come to see her. His total lack of caring and even professionalism is appalling.

flag | Submitted October 27, 2011