Ratings for Dr. Geoffrey E. Baum

I have had many surgeries with Dr.Baum, all of them with great results. Not only is he a great surgeon he is all around a nice guy and down to earth.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2018

If you are looking for a "Hand Surgeon" I would not recommend Dr.Geoffrey E. Baum. I'm not sure why his Bio says that he specializes in Hand Surgery. In my personal opinion/experience, Dr. Baum's knowledge and abilities did not meet my expectations, but rather, it left me in a much worse conditon than before he performed the surgery on my hand. I would recommend questioning Dr. Baum on his successful verses not successful outcomes and his overall personal experience performing the specific Hand Surgery you are seeking. If he is honest, it is possible that you might seek another Surgeon. I only wish that someone else had posted this information prior to Dr. Baum performing Hand Surgery on me.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2014

I went in for a total hip replacement and came out disabled as a direct result of the surgery. Not all of the risks were explained, I was asked for a $1000.00 security deposit (even thought my insurance covered the surgery with the exception of my co-pay) and never told the truth of the surgical outcome (sciatic nerve damage. The first time I saw him in the hospital was two days after the surgery. Ten days after he performed the surgery I developed a massive blood clot was was placed on excessive doses of blood thinners (16 per week) for over twenty four weeks. After my horrific experience (even two years after the surgery I have to use a AFO device and have lost the majority of muscle in my leg), I recommend any one else but him. The staff was great but the staff did not perform the surgery

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Dr Baum is an awesome surgeon and a good person, overall. He treats his patients like gold, even gives them his personal cell number, and treats his staff well. i would HIGHLY reccomend him.

flag | Submitted March 30, 2011

Dr. Baum has performed three knee surgeries on me, plus numerous cortisone injections. Twice I have had these injections from other doctors. In each case they were excruciatingly painful, but Dr. Baum has a technique that is close to painless. I wouldn’t dream of going anywhere else and I hope he stays in practice for a long time.

flag | Submitted July 10, 2009

Dr. Geoffrey E. Baum's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Osteopathic Medicine (Grad. 1979)

Workers Comp