Ratings for Dr. John J. O'Shea

Jack did my knee replacement in 2018 and did a great job. Good follow up with his staff too. He is a pro and has tons of experience in knee replacement. Highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted June 5, 2019

The office manager is terrible, rude and not helpful at all

flag | Submitted February 11, 2015

I would encourage any one who is considering a knee surgery to go to Dr. O'Shea!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. O'Shea and his staff were always professional and helpful whenever I came to their office. I had an ACL reconstruction and meniscus repair. Although there was no evidence of a meniscus tear prior to surgery, I was happy with his decision to repair the tear. This proves to me he is an intelligent doctor and always does what is right for the patient. He always took the time to look at my knee and discuss how I was doing with my personal goals. I am one year post and back 100% to all of my previous activities and have minimal knee pain. The PA, Lisa, was also extremely nice and very knowledgeable when it came to deciding which type of surgery to get. I would highly recommend Dr. O'Shea and his staff to any one who is considering any type of knee surgery!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

I went into Dr O'Shea for what he told me would be a routine clean up of my knee. I woke up with a nurse telling me I had a more extensive surgery and that Dr. O'Shea would call me the next day. Without consultation Dr O'Shea gave my a very aggressive micro fracture surgery and my quality of life will never be the same. I am in constant pain everyday of my life and can not enjoy all of the things I could do prior to meeting Dr O'Shea. Post surgery Dr O'Shea was evasive and elusive and passed me off to his staff. I would not trust Dr O'Shea to preform and type of surgery.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2014

flag | Submitted July 5, 2014

I am 1 week post op from having a lateral release on both knees (same time) I am healing wonderfully. I do have some concerns however. My knees still physically look tilted.. The doctor didn't really address this concern when I asked him about it. The post op appointment took about 5 minutes. He barley even looked at my knees. I also feel like I was not given enough post op care instructions before I left the surgical center. I didn't know if I had to leave the dressings on, for how long, how often to change them, if I could shower, how long to ice. What stretches to do etc... Also when I woke up from surgery the elderly nurse was unfriendly, she even flat out lied to me. I woke up wanting my husband but she told me that he wasn't there, that he'd left to get coffee, but when I asked my husband he said he never left the waiting room even for one second. Nothing I've mentioned is really that big of deal though. Hoping the surgery fixed my problem..

flag | Submitted March 14, 2014

Dr Oshea did my total knee replacement.I believe he is an excellent surgeon and very knowledge. I am not satisfied with the followup care tho. A knee replacement is major surgery and there needs to be more frequent followup visits after surgery so the patient can be assured that the gamet of symptoms experienced are normal or not. So what happens is that you end up calling his office to find out if what you are experiencing is normal, only to have your call fielded and screened by a non medical staff member who answers the phone. The staff does not state their name when they answer, therefore do not have to take ownership of the way they treat people. I find them rude. I get the impression their job is to discourage the caller so they dont have to give a message to the doctor.

flag | Submitted November 15, 2013

I saw Dr. O'Shea for a second opinion. Able to figure out knee condition and lead me towards a path of recovery

flag | Submitted September 4, 2013

Very professional, he knew what was wrong with my knees right away. My family doctor said it was a little arthritis. It was a torn meniscus and the knee caps wern't tracking because I needed a bilateral release. After the surgery I recovered right away and the pain was gone. I am very please with his work!

flag | Submitted October 9, 2012

Dr. John J. O'Shea's Credentials

• Georgetown Univ Sch Of Med, Washington Dc 20007 (Grad. 1992)

Ameritas