Ratings for Dr. Robert Pilorge

I just read the story from this lady from the USA. I saw Dr. Pilorge many, many years ago in his office in Montreal...... I believe on St Joseph Blvd. in the early 80's , and whatever you went through in the OR of St. Mary's Hospital.... I went through it in his office.....supposedly a biopsy without anesthetics or pain killer...... I passed out screaming in pain....... when I woke up he told me "next time I'll give you Valium" ...... I knew nothing of his abuse and I took 2 of my daughters to him....... I just found out recently when I Googled his name out of curiosity, wondering if he was still practicing. The last time I had seen him he said he would close his office to go into cancer research........ what a crock!!!!! I remember a Saturday morning, the weather was bad and his secretary was not in so I kindly offered him to sit behind the desk and take the incoming calls and messages. Later, he performed a tubal ligation on me and I was off work for 4 weeks because of infections..... !

flag | Submitted May 10, 2018

My husband and I are from the States. Both of us attended graduate school at McGill University. During the time we lived in Montreal, which spanned 12 years (1976-1989) I saw Dr. Pilorge for infertility problems. He made me very uncomfortable; he made inappropriate comments, was particularly rude to my husband, and during exams gave me an earful about how he had wanted to be an actor when he lived in Paris. However, he was also saddistic - he performed a cone biopsy of my cervix at St. Mary's Hospital and used laser to remove the "affected" tissue. I was not given anything to numb or to relax...nothing! I was being seared on the inside and could see smoke coming out of my vagina. I was cautioned not to move because he was using laser. The tears were streaming down my face from the pain and the nurse sitting near me took my hand and said that she didn't understand why I felt pain because it should not have been painful. I asked him to stop and he was agitated. He told me he was going to continue and when the pain got too severe I was to let him know and he'd stop briefly. I thought he was crazy and I was going to die right there in the OR. When he was done, he removed my cervix with forceps and showed it to me. It looked and smelled like a cooked piece of meat. When my husband and I moved back to the States, I was referred to a real infertility expert, who asked after he examined me if I was going to sue the doctor who did this to me. I never did, of course, and we were blessed with one child who was 9 weeks premature because I essentially no longer had a cervix to suture. Dr. Pilorge is, in my opinion, a self-absorbed, incompetent, and dangerous physician. He should never be allowed to practice again or serve on any medical advisory board. Furthermore, it is my opinion that he should be in jail. I rate him a big fat ZERO...

flag | Submitted March 1, 2018

As I watch Dr.Nasser’s sentence on TV, I recalled Dr. Pilorge’s abuse on me when I was younger, 16-17 in fact. My husband is a physician, I was texting him about the case on Dr.Nasser and recalled "Dr.Pilorge" suddenly, since my husband was my boyfriend at the time he was treating me. By curiosity I googled Dr.Pilorge to see where he was today. I was shocked by what I read, he was suspended and fined, there were newspaper articles about losing his license. Most incredible thing is that it's only in 2014 that he was caught when he certainly abused hundreds of women during all his years in practice. My jaw was dropped open since I thought I was an isolated case and suddenly the reality of the situation was unfolding in front of my eyes. He abused me in 1982, 32 yrs ago. I have never seen a male gynecologist since. The fact he is not in jail is solely because the women he abused have not come out. This doctor needs to be in jail. I have very distinct memories of what he did, it was disgusting but at 17, you think it's an isolated case and you move on to another doctor and once in a while in your life you are reminded of that "bad doctor experience" you had. At the time his secretary (Isabelle i believe) was pregnant with his baby while he was married, then eventually he complained about how he needed to make lots of money because of his bad divorce. He had files upon files that were “red” which he explained were for women who needed prolonged treatment, even at 17 I felt this was very odd that more than 50% of the women in his practice had "red files" because you could see them hanging behind the secretaries desk when you walked out of the examination room. I suspected, at the time, that he was treating me for something i did not have. After reading about him, I know I was correct. He removed my ovary at 17 with surgery at St-Mary’s hospital and when he visited me post op, alone in my room, he demanded that I perform something VERY humiliating in front of him . I believe Dr.Pilorge is as big a monster as Dr. Nasser who is going to jail for life and then some. When you are a sexual predator, you know it even before you become a doctor, like Dr.Nasser, he did nothing about it. The only difference between the two monters is that one was caught and the other was not. I encourage all women who have been abused by him to please come out because sitting at home in front of his TV is NOT what he deserves. To read testimonies, word for word, that are identical to mine 32 yrs later is very haunting. I can't explain women who have had good experiences with Dr Pilorge, either they got a "pass" or they are oblivious to deviant sexual conduct. He should pay for all his mal-practice, for his sexual deviance and his enjoyment in humiliating and dominating women. I never thought i would ever talk about this again in my life since I was unaware this happened to others and...I was only 17.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Il a pris sa retraite en 2015 et pourtant encore des "ratings". Ca en dit long sur la valeur des dires sur ce site...

flag | Submitted October 9, 2017

dangerous doctor who is very bad stay away he butchered my wife when she needed a simple precedure

flag | Submitted October 7, 2017

I went to see him at his house of horrors once, and that was enough for me. My file got transferred to him by my former OBGYN when she took her retirement but I was never advised. His office was a disgusting mess; the door to the examination room was left open throughout the exam, but the best was when he said we'll do a pap smear and other tests to "determine what kind of woman you are" !!! I'll tell you what kind of woman I am - the kind who won't be coming back. And I'll tell you what kind of man you are - the kind that starts with ass and ends with hole! Regards.

flag | Submitted July 22, 2016

Le Dr. Pilorgé m'a opéré il y a 8 ans pour un fibrome. Tout d'abord son bureau est totalement désorganisé, à une semaine de l'opération personne ne m'avait avisé des pré-tests qu'il fallait passer à l'hôpital St-Mary's, il avait fallu que je me débrouille moi-même pour finaliser les examens à temps pour l'opération. Je suis emtrée dans la salle s'opération pour me faire enlever un fibrome et lorsque je me suis reveillée, le Dr Pilorgé m'a annoncé qu'il a enlevé non seulement mon utérus mais il a fait aussi l'ablation des ovaires et ce sans mon consentement. Je peux dire que les conséquences ont été graves. Je dépérissais de jour en jour, insomnie, raideurs articulaires, fatigue, dépression, irritabilité, et j'en passe. Je suis tombée un jour sur le livre du Dr. Demers "les hormones au féminin" pour comprendre ce qui m'est arrivé. On n'enlève pas à une femme les ovaires qui sont en bonne santé, s'ils sont là, c'est qu'il servent à quelque chose. Ce médecin est totalement incompétent, dépassé, qu'il soit suspendu est une excellente nouvelle pour les femmes.

flag | Submitted June 1, 2016

If you are looking for a terrible gynecological experience, sign up with this doctor. I think it's safe to say every woman looks for comfort when with a gynecologist, well this is not at all the case when I went. I waited for hours for starters. An issue was found with me so I had to go back but he never explained to me what was going on. Instead he made MANY innapropriate comments about my love life, said he had a nice "piece" on the table and so on... He performed a biopsie without for-warning me and this was the type of procedure doctors used maybe 20 years ago. His equipment and technique is DATED. I heard all sorts of awful snipping sounds then left me there for 20 minutes is a VERY vulnerable position that brought me to tears. The last time I went I refused to let him do anything more to me, especially since he explained nothing. Don't let yourself be traumatized too!! PS. he didn't know about modern menstrual protection ie. the diva cup. Uhm, hello and welcome to the 21st century???!!

flag | Submitted March 15, 2016

Cet homme est dangereux. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/montreal/robert-pilorge-obgyn-st-mary-montreal-1.3444035

flag | Submitted February 16, 2016

Dr Pilorgé a suivi ma première grossesse, et je le recommande fortement! je ne comprend pas les commentaires des gens qui disent qu'ils ont bcp attendu : au moins lui vous a donner un RDV! en plus si vous voyez qu'il y a beaucoup de monde aller prendre un café et appelez la secrétaire de temps en temps elles sont tellement amical. et pour ses blagues ça fait pas de mal au contraire ça déstresse !

flag | Submitted October 27, 2015