Dr. Bernard G. Kirol

World Class Punctuality Badge
Exceptionally Helpful Badge
Highly Knowledgeable Badge

Ratings for Dr. Bernard G. Kirol

Dr. Kirol did an excellent job repairing my torn rotator cuff. Range of motion was exceptional right off the bat. Rehab went great.

flag | Submitted June 6, 2018

I had an excellent experience with both Dr. Kirol and PA. Would highly recommend.

flag | Submitted January 24, 2018

Great surgeon - very knowledgeable with a great bedside manner.

flag | Submitted January 23, 2018

Excellent surgeon with a great bedside manner! He and his PA are wonderful and the staff are great.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2018

Could not have imagined that my knee replacement could have gone better. Dr. Kirol and his staff were always helpful and caring. I probably will need the other knee replaced in the next year or two and would not consider going elsewhere.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2018

Dr. Kirol performed arthroscopic surgery on both of my shoulders (2014 and 2017) including removal of bone spurs and repair of a torn rotator cuff. I have regained full range of motion in each shoulder. I was very pleased with his willingness to try alternatives to surgery and then being honest with me when surgery was my best option. He is very knowledgeable and thoroughly explains what surgery will entail and the importance of doing therapy rehab for a full recovery. I never felt rushed at any appointment and all my questions were addressed. His staff and Stavros, the physician assistant, were always helpful and courteous. I would recommend Dr. Kirol 100% of the time to anyone experiencing shoulder pain or considering surgery. Thank you for the excellent care I received.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2018

Dr. Kirol repaired my rotator cuff 3 yrs ago. Super results! He has a great demeanor and expertise!

flag | Submitted January 9, 2018

we have been very pleased with Dr. Kirol and his staff and would highly recommend his services to others.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

Very knowledgeable and has helped me with my orthopedic problems in the past.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2018

This was the best medical assistance I have ever received. An the best part of the shoulder surgery I received was the recovery.it completely took the pain away.I only used pain med the day of surgery. I had bone spurs removed an rotator cup muscle repaired.today I am doing anything I want to do with out pain.an I am a very active person.Dr .kirol is amazing.I would recommend him 150 percent.

flag | Submitted December 28, 2017

Dr. Bernard G. Kirol's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr. Bernard G. Kirol, MD is an orthopedic surgeon with more than 25 years of arthroscopic surgical experience. Dr. Kirol specializes in outpatient arthroscopic shoulder and knee surgery, with a particular emphasis on rotator cuff tendon repair and torn meniscus (cartilage) repair, as well as outpatient knee replacement surgery. He has served as a past president of the South Carolina Orthopedics Association and on the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons Board of Councilors. He holds professional memberships with American Academy of Orthopedic Surgeons and the South Carolina Orthopedic Association. He is board certified by the American Board of Orthopedic Surgery through 2027. Dr. Kirol obtained his undergraduate degree in Biology and Psychology from the University of Kentucky, graduating with honors. He then attended the University of Kentucky College of Medicine, where he received his Doctor of Medicine and graduated with distinction. He completed his Orthopedic Surgery Residency at Carolinas Medical Center in Charlotte, North Carolina, and was awarded the Distinguished Resident Teaching Award. He subsequently preformed a fellowship in Sports Medicine at the Hughston Clinic.

• English

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1988)

Commercial Insurance Company