Ratings for Dr. Leonard J. Pittala

Dr. Pittala has a very dry sense of humor and, admittedly, I find him to be a little too arrogant at times. He is very blunt with his opinions and doesn't co-develop a plan of care with parents but rather instructs what should and should not be done with children. With that being said, his primary concern is what is in the best interest of the child and he will advocate on the child's behalf. Though stubborn in his beliefs, he is very knowledgeable. He is always on time and I like the staff a lot. So, even though he isn't the most likable, I trust him with both of my childrens' health and wellbeing without hesitancy.

flag | Submitted June 12, 2015

I think Dr. Pittala has horrible bedside manner. Every time we have been to his office he is with us for less than 5 minutes. When I ask questions he blows them off or gives me very vague answers. He also doesn't seem to know his patients at all. I know that he can't remember everyone but he should review their file before he comes in. We seen him once for acid reflux and was put in medicine, when we came back for her 4 month check up I expressed concerns that I wasn't sure if the medicine was working because she was still spitting up over half her bottle. He told me that she didnt have acid reflux, that all babies spit up. I'm very well aware that all babies spit up, but they don't spit up half of their bottle. To me it seemed like he had better things to do than help us

flag | Submitted August 9, 2013

I've seen all the drs in this group and Dr.Pittala is probably my least favorite. I took my daughter in for a follow up to an ear infection and his nurse said she sounded a bit wheezy. He listened to her and said "She's fine." He's very abrupt, not a great bedside manner and my daughter does not like him at all. I'm sure he's very competent but I feel he has little if no empathy for kids who are sick. Each time I've seen him I feel as if he doesn't care, or take my concerns seriously. Being a new mother I'm sure some of the concerns I have are "normal" or things to not worry about, but the way he talks makes you feel like you are lesser, and should know better. Needless to say, she won't be going back.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2013

My children have been seeing Dr. Pittala for the last 12 years. He is absolutely amazing. Do not bring your child in dirty, or act like you don't notice what they are doing, he will correct you on it. He is wonderful with kids, and I want a dr. who will be absolutely honest with me EVERY time. Wonderful. Cannot say enough nice things about him!!

flag | Submitted March 20, 2012

I don't personally care for Dr. Pittala's style. As others have stated his bedside manner with parents will take you aback. It is VERY important that not only your child feel comfortable with this doctor but the parents trust him and click with him as well. This is not a doctor I would choose because of how he treats me as a parent and how brash he is with my children. I don't feel he has bedside manners for small children either (mine cowered from him and he did little to ease their minds).

flag | Submitted March 5, 2011

A great doctor. He is great with children and with parents.

flag | Submitted April 19, 2009

Dr. Pittala comes off as impersonal when you first meet him. He is very relaxed but gets right down to business with little chatter. If you are wanting a doctor that cares about your little one he is great.

flag | Submitted February 11, 2009

A lot of people get thrown off by Dr. Pittala. He is very matter of fact and gets right down to business without a lot of chatter. But nothing is more important to him than your child. I remember waiting for my newborn's bilirubin results after the levels were getting too high and he was making phone calls, screaming at people that he wanted the results NOW not in five minutes. He has nothing but your child's health in mind. Remember he isn't the parents doctor. He will be happy to answer all your questions but he's not big on small talk and asking about the weather. But guaranteed, you will be seen QUICKLY (the man is never late!) and your baby/child will be feeling better FAST!

flag | Submitted January 17, 2007

Dr. Leonard J. Pittala's Credentials

• Univ Of Hlth Sci, Coll Of Osteo Med, Kansas City Mo 64124 (Grad. 1979)