Ratings for Dr. Pierre Larose

have been seeing this dentist for 20 years. When his young daughter joined his office, without asking me, the staff told me whoever was on duty would see me. She did a filling which immediately became infected and necessitated an emergency visit while I was away on holiday .When I told him that he was my dentist, and that dentists aren't interchangeable, he was annoyed. I persevered. He continually suggested replacing fillings tha didn't need to be replaced. I resisted. A year ago he filed down a back tooth. Since that day I have a squeaking noise when I chew. In the 2 subsequent check ups I told him about the problem. He filed other teeth and charged me. When I objected, he said it cost him more to do the filing that he was charging, even though it was HIS fault, At my LAST appointment, his hygienist said there was a new dentist who would see me because Dr. Larose was busy with another patient. I said no, Larose was my dentist. When he finally came to see me he was irritated, suggested I see a specialist for $175 for the problem he had created, and that I would have to see the other dentist in his office since he was very busy and getting older. Bye-by Dr Larose. Pushy, rude, over priced, at $175 for a cleaning and 3 minute exam. I can't believe it took me this long to make the effort to find a competent dentist.

flag | Submitted June 24, 2015

I have been seeing this dentist for 20 years. When his young daughter joined his office, without asking me, the staff told me whoever was on duty would see me. She did a filling which immeiately became infected and necessitated an emergency visit while I was away on holiday .When I told him that he was my dentist, and that dentists arent interchangable, he was annoyed. I perservered. He continually sugested replacing fillings tha didn't need to be replaced. I resisted. A year ago he filed down a back tooth. Since that day I have a squeaking noise when I chew. In the 2 subsequent check ups I told him about the problem. He filed other teeth and charged me. When I objected, he said it cost him more to do the filing that he was charging, even though it was HIS fault, At my LAST appointment, his hygenist said there was a new dentist who would see me because Dr. Larose was busy with another patient. I said no, Larose was my dentist. When he finally cameto see me he was irritated, suggested I see a specialist for $175 for the probelm he had created, and that I would have to see the other dentist in his office since he was very busy and getting older. Bye-by Dr Larose. Pushy, rude, over priced, at $175 for a cleaning and 3 minute exam. I can't believe it took me this long to make the effort to find a competent dentist.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2015

Treated by Dr. Larose since 1996, I have found him to be kind and helpful, initially treating my chronic fatigue syndrome which was greatly reduced following the removal of my mercury fillings and a change in diet and exercise. Always on time, using the best technology available, I have never been overcharged or charged for a procedure that was not necessary. All his work carry’s an unconditional guarantee. He is no more expensive than any other dentist in Montreal. Kim is the best dental hygienist in his office. Contact by his staff is by phone or email.

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

The only reason he is getting any good ratings is because there are people who mistook him on ratemds as a cardiologist, and not the dentist pictured above. On to my review: Terrible, terrible dentist. I can give a few stars to the nice ladies who work at the front desk. And the hygienists who were very efficient. But Dr. Larose...stay away. He really should not be practicing dental medicine.

flag | Submitted November 20, 2014

If you want to waste your money, have broken teeth and more dental issues than you previously had, go ahead and see that dentist. Otherwise, I strongly suggest that you go somewhere else. This dentist is fake and only want your money, your dental problems don't concern him since he works (if we can call that work) at the speed of light... he should wear roller skates, he would make even more money!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2014

C'est un individu qui travaille trop vite et il a une approche beaucoup trop mercantile! Il paraît, en tout premier lieu, gentil et respectueux mais c'est une façade pour mieux cacher sa grande soif d'argent. Il ne se soucie guère d'un vrai bon diagnostique et son assistante, une femme qui n'est pas dentiste et qui n'a aucune empathie pour les gens souffrants, n'a pas du tout d'affaire dans ce bureau! Il m'a déjà fait un traitement de canal et couronne en oubliant d'enlever un NERF!!! Tout est basé sur une fausse façade!

flag | Submitted August 29, 2014

Dr. Larose has a friendly and respectful manner; unfortunately he is a terrible dentist. He gave me ill-informed advice regarding an ongoing issue with bruxism (teeth clenching). I trusted his expertise and followed his professional advice. However, because he insisted that wear the wrong kind of mouth guard that was ultimately not meant for my condition, several months later, I ended up with an open bite and a cracked molar that had to be extracted. Now, I am receiving orthodontic treatment to reposition my jaw. Please, please save your pocketbook, the heartache, and your teeth (!) and find yourself a better dentist who is knowledgeable! As for the receptionists working there, they are friendly and professional. I'm sorry their boss is such a terrible dentist, however!

flag | Submitted April 10, 2014

Very nice office, very nice modern equipment, but due to what I can only guess are financial constraints, he will attempt to rush you into as many expensive and perhaps unwarranted treatments as he can in as short a time as possible. I had read the negative reviews online before going in, decided to trust his credentials, and am currently paying the price. If speed dentistry were a sport he would win a gold medal, but if your aim is to find a quality and patient dentist go elsewhere. At the very least whatever he says, get a second opinion, you've been warned.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

I had a sinus operation with Dr Larose. Sympathic and talented surgeon but very expeditive. After leaving his office (4 min with him for 2h wait), I was often left with questions, making my recovery stressful. Seemed frustrated and helpless when I told him I was not feeling good after the operation. Would not have gone forward with the operation if I had received more information from the start.

Submitted October 30, 2011

Dishonest, incompetent; after he treated me there was so much pain. Now the problems he created in my mouth, are solved with a specialist. Please stay away from this person who attract the patients, telling them that the mercury is bad in your system. He practice in St-Laurent, but his daughter Danielle is very good.

flag | Submitted June 25, 2011