Ratings for Dr. David A. Altman

Best Dermatologist in Detroit. Took great time and care with me.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2017

Great experience with Dr. Altman. I read some other reviews here and am very surprised. He didn't seem arrogant at all. He was professional like a doctor should be. Also a great sense of humor, which made me feel very welcome.

flag | Submitted October 6, 2014

My mom went to Dr. David for years and kept asking him about a spot on her nose. He kept saying it was nothing to worry about. I told her to see another dermatologist and to ask what they thought about it and they said it warranted a check. Sure enough it came back as basal cell skin cancer. Needless to say, my mom had to have a big piece of her nose removed. He also misdiagnosed an area on my arm. I went in to have hime diagnose a ring that I had on my arm and went back for several weeks and all the time not getting any relief. Finally after seeking out another dermatologist I was able to get an accurate diagnosis. I informed Dr. David of his misdiagnosis and he wouldn't hear anything of it. He said that is was just coincidental that the medication I was prescribed from the other dermatologist treated the condition.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2012

Best doctor ever!! Very helpful:) doesn't talk u into getting something done u don't need..truthful and has a lot of knowledge.

flag | Submitted September 11, 2011

Molina said he accepted their insurance, guess again. Patients in the office were upset over waiting times.

flag | Submitted August 26, 2011

Great office. Great Doctor. They were on time and very professional.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2011

I had psoriasis for many years and David Altman helped me tremendously. I was referred to see Dr. Neil Alperin (Rheumatologist) by Dr. Stuart Gildenberg (in Dr. Altman's practice). In my opinion, Dr. Gildenberg is friendlier and takes the time to talk to you, but I think Dr. David Altman knew me better and my skin so I kept going to him. I think they are great doctors and am happy I was referred to Dr. Alperin. I believe Macomb Dermatology Center is very professional and we have to remember that doctors are people, too.

flag | Submitted January 13, 2011

He is very professional not at all polite. Strictly in and out. Tell you what you have and how to treat it that's it.

flag | Submitted July 7, 2010

My hair have been shedding excessively for the last year and 1/2. Dr. David Altman was recommended to me by my physician. I went to his office and was very disappointed. As some mentioned before, he only spent roughly 5 minutes with me and when he was explaing my condition, he would talk to a student doctor and not me. I felt like a child. The only thing he prescribed for me was Lidex and he told his assistant to tell me to take all 20 amino acid supplements. It was as though I weren't in the room. I left feeling very cheated and when I used the Lidex on my scalp as I was instructed to do, more hair was coming out. I do NOT recommend this doctor to anyone, or at least not for someone with hair loss concerns.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2009

I went to Dr. Altman b/c he was rated high in HOUR Magazine's Best Docs in Michigan for Dermatology...Well I now know that this list from HOUR is not accurate at all! Dr. Sophie in his office is WAY more helpful than he ever was. He saw me for three minutes, talked a million miles per minute by throwing out a bunch of diagnois to an student dr. in the room, and prescribed me a bunch of antibiotics that I have already tried in the past & never worked. So I spent a year going to the clinic to be switched from antibiotic to antibiotic & topical to topical to end up in the same place where I was when I first walked in the door. So basically I donated a few thousand $ of my hard earned money to Dr. Altman's clinic. Not worth the $ and definitely not worth the hype!

flag | Submitted April 29, 2009

Dr. David A. Altman's Credentials

• University Of Michigan Medical School (Grad. 1991)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Warren, MI