You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Robert S. Katz

I had several appointments with Dr. Katz office . The staff was very caring and sympathetic to my needs. His bedside matter was warm caring and compassionate. Great experience every time.

flag | Submitted April 27, 2016

Uncaring, mean and conceited doctor! I would wait for hours, and he finally yelled at me once-- because of a medication I took. All he wanted to do was talk about other things, and the nurses do all the work. Full not himself and not nice. STAY AWAY. I think he's . He's a sham.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2016

My experience? Okay. I took my girlfriend to see this doctor. While in the waiting room my hopes for her were lifted because of all the credentials he displayed on the walls of the waiting room. We were desperate to get her some help. She was dying and neither of us knew why. When we finally saw the renowned doctor, he ordered some tests such as a bone density scan and a few others. After spending an afternoon there, Dr. Katz prescribed the drug Methotrexate for her. He instructed us to get the okay from her kidney specialist before filling the script. We did this. He in turn told us to clear this with her local rheumatologist before we filled the script. He, (Dr. Tan from Decatur, IL), in turn told us that this was the last thing he would do. But since we were told Dr. Katz was well known and considered a great doctor, she went with his opinion and took the drug. First week things went status quo. The next week, on a Saturday I will never forget, she took the second dose. The following day she was hemorrhaging from her throat and nose and had to be rushed to a local hospital. It was painful for her and painful for me to observe. Dr. Katz was NOT responsible for her death. But I DO believe he was irresponsible for writing this script without further research on her condition. She is gone now and all I have is her memory. But I will always believe she was misdiagnosed from the beginning and she should be alive this day. Even Dr. Tan said this was not like any Lupus victim he had ever seen. He spent a few years studying my girlfriend's condition. Dr. Katz however, prescribed a drug for her in ONE afternoon that nearly killed her.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

I have waited 2-3 hours numerous times to see the doctor only to have him spend 5-10 minutes with me. He doesn't listen to my concerns and always wants to give me a new medication. I am fine with the tests and costs, but wish he would genuinely hear what my issues are. I feel like I am just a number here.

flag | Submitted October 12, 2015

Dr. Katz is the most caring and compassionate doctor I know. He cares greatly about his patients. His clinical knowledge is better than anyone. He is the smartest and most knowledgeable doctor I have ever been to.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2015

flag | Submitted April 21, 2015

I saw this doctor several years ago as a second opinion for UDCTD. At the first visit, he was significantly late and did a brief and careless exam. He ordered several expensive tests (labs, x-rays, and MRI's) that ran me over $10k. Luckily I had some insurance coverage, but still had to pay $2k out of pocket for my deductible and as someone who was only 22 at the time, this was a huge financial burdon. I was convinced by a doctor I worked for that this guy was worth it, so I went back for a few more visits and each was more disappointing. I'd wait an average of 3 hours only to see Dr. Katz for 5-10 minutes and most of the time he didn't even look at me. He kept trying to tell me that I didn't have an autoimmune disease, that I just had fibromyalgia. He'd try to push muscle relaxers on me and when I told him I didn't want them, he told me that everything was in my head and to go see a psychologist. Several months later, I was diagnosed properly with Hashimoto's. While that's not one of his specialties, he should have been more compassionate and helpful as I was in severe pain and had several chronically positive inflammation markers. The only thing this guy had going for him is that his nurse, lab tech, and imaging tech were really nice and actually cared about what they do. Run away fast from this "doctor"!

flag | Submitted January 11, 2015

Had me on too many drugs. Misunderstood my diagnosis, and even yelled at me. Doesn't spend enough time with his patients

flag | Submitted August 14, 2014

I saw this Doctor a while back .He will give you every test there.I hope you have good insurance like me.This guy going to cost you a lot of money.

flag | Submitted July 11, 2014

I come from Indiana to see Dr.Katz. I believe he is a good doctor who may stretch himself to thin most days. I have on occasion waited for 3 hours to see Dr.Katz and yes this is irritating but I understand he is in great demand. I have waited up to 20 minutes on hold to make an appointment yet I continue to come back I feel he is worth the extra time.On days I have an appointment I plan nothing else.

flag | Submitted December 26, 2013

Dr. Robert S. Katz's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1971)

Updates

• A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I had several appointments with Dr. Katz office . The staff was very caring and sympathetic to my needs. His bedside matter was warm caring and compassionate. ..."

April 27, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Uncaring, mean and conceited doctor! I would wait for hours, and he finally yelled at me once-- because of a medication I took. All he wanted to do was talk a..."

January 29, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "My experience? Okay. I took my girlfriend to see this doctor. While in the waiting room my hopes for her were lifted because of all the credentials he displayed..."

January 17, 2016
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I have waited 2-3 hours numerous times to see the doctor only to have him spend 5-10 minutes with me. He doesn't listen to my concerns and always wants to gi..."

October 12, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Katz is the most caring and compassionate doctor I know. He cares greatly about his patients. His clinical knowledge is better than anyone. He is the smar..."

April 26, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible experience. Don't go. Expensive, try to deceive the cost when you visit and charge you later. Long waiting time. Impolite office staffs."

April 21, 2015
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I saw this doctor several years ago as a second opinion for UDCTD. At the first visit, he was significantly late and did a brief and careless exam. He ordered s..."

January 11, 2015