Ratings for Dr. Paul S. Lieber

Without qualification, I recommend Dr. Paul Lieber for the stem cell procedures I experienced. His PA’s, medical staff and support staff were professional in all respects, and Patient Liaison, Carol Haberman, was always available to answer my questions and concerns. After 15+ years of OA knee pain (bone on bone) and wanting to avoid total knee replacement, I spent over a year researching tissue regeneration using stem cells as a solution to my pain, and concluded that it worked but that results varied for numerous reasons. Next was selecting a doctor, the right doctor. I made numerous inquiries and chose Dr. Lieber. Most important to me at the first appointment was not his skills and experience, but did he give me the pros and cons; was he comfortable with my questions and welcome them or did he avoid answering; did he give me a realistic opinion of my chances of success; did he spend time examining the knee and evaluating the damage; in essence, did I leave feeling Dr. Lieber was honest and forthright with me. Yes he was in all respects. My other knee needs repaired and I will return to Dr. Lieber again.

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I have been seeing Dr. Lieber for seven years. I have sever arthritis in my back, neck and hands. Dr. Lieber's expertise has kept me in the game and has allowed me to participate in the activities that I love. I would recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted December 1, 2015

This is the first doctor that I seen that had options I took the Stem Cell Transplant for my Knee is was handled on time with great care and I think that if there is a chance of a good outcome it will be with his team.. The procedure was as pain free as it could be and he was kind and I feel a good doctor that knows what options there are for a person from Test and MRI's

flag | Submitted September 24, 2015

I saw Dr Lieber recently expecting a more conventional method of treatment to be offered to me . I was unaware that he only did stem cell therapy. I fully expected him to send me elsewhere. We did discuss stem cell treatment and the cost which I instantly told him I couldnt afford. But he was kind enough to order xrays for me and told me to come back after I had them; at which time he would discuss the results with me and make recommendations for treatment. I found him to be kind and not eccentric at all.

flag | Submitted April 24, 2015

He is great, and kind. I could tell he cares about his patients. His staff was very helpful as well.

flag | Submitted April 3, 2015

Great doc! Really listened to me and offered me several different avenues of treatment.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2014

This Drs mood appears to affect how he interacts with you. I went with my adult daughter to an appointment and he was nice, funny and helpful. A couple months later, I went to see him. He was curt and unfriendly. When he asked me a question about my pain and I didn't get exactly what he was asking for, he acted exasperated. That's when I remembered that my husband had been to see him a few years ago and we had immediately switched to another Dr who's no longer with the practice because of his rudeness. He may be a "good" Dr, but when you're in pain, you need compassion and support too. I will be looking for a different Dr.

flag | Submitted May 18, 2014

Wonderful doctor! He is honest and patient in explaining everything!

flag | Submitted April 26, 2014

Dr. Lieber is a great doctor, a great guy! He is honest and up-front, which I appreciate. He is not a hand-holder, but it is obvious that he cares about his patients. He offered me several different options and took the time to explain everything. After I had my stimulator placed, he called me twice to see how I was doing, which was amazing! I would recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2014

I definitely have come to like and trust this doctor. He knows what he's doing and what he's talking about. He does not spare words, but he is good doctor. Do not expect him to be a hand holder, but I have found that he is actually friendly and does answer questions. I like that he treats me with respect and as an adult capable of understanding my own body. A bit eccentric, but his style really grew on me. I have been to other doctors in this specialty for other incidents where I needed steroid injections; this has been hands down my best experience.

flag | Submitted March 28, 2012

Dr. Paul S. Lieber's Credentials

• Chicago College Of Medicine And Surgery (Grad. 1986)

AHC