Ratings for Dr. Stephen Q. Parker

Dr. Parker used to be a very caring and exceptionally great doctor , overtime I feel like just a number and sometimes he's in and out in less than a minute. When changes are made to medication the clinical assistance seem to always get the new Scripts wrong. And if your dealing w/ Kim she is very rude and has no compassion for people. She needs another job. I use to recommend patients to Dr. Parker but I can no longer do so in good conscience. He needs to go back to being a Caring Doctor and get a better staff!

flag | Submitted July 11, 2017

I have no complaints!! Love the staff and he has been a great help.

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

This is the most backward office. I called today as just moving to the area and explained to the very rude, non useful, person that answers phone. She must be summer help, non professional to say the least. Tried to get appointment. States I need a referred to see doctor. She wants me to contact my doctors and pharmacy a and have my medical records sent. As I told her I want to speak to the doctor to see if we are compatible as dr and patient. I was advised to bad. Not going to happen. I advised her I have done pain management for years with great help with Atlantic orthopedic Dr Mein And Dr Gaithier with Chesapeake pain magnet. I will go back to va. This is a awful doctors office and did not even get appointment. Ha Ha!

flag | Submitted July 5, 2016

I had been seeing this doctor over 5 months, through the course of are meetings he was always asking me if I knew about spinal cord stimulators and every time he asked , I would tell him I already have one . Also he asked me to have my testosterone checked, so a nurse came in and took my blood. When I went back a month later , I had to ask him what were the results ,he told me it was lost. So I asked if he was going to take it again, he says he doesn't need it. Also he wanted me to take a genetic test to see what medicines re-act to my body. So I did. When I see him the next month I have to ask him for the results again, he says he will check on it. later a nurse comes in and says the test was inconclusive and that I would have to take it again. I refused and the nurse states I have to. I still refused. Then Dr.Parker comes in and starts yelling and cursing at me, telling me how good he is, and yes he was cursing. I said that it is best we part ways, and he says that would be good. I'll have to agree with others on here that parker does not care it is just how many he can get in there and out. Also he states that he is active in his church , well I hope he starts going more, because he needs all the help he can get.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2016

Not over impressed his "side kick " is not compassionate,rude, impatient, fake( needs to find a different profession), dismissive, unhelpful! Etc. Dr.parker is short, intimidating, lack of interest, non-interested, feel rushed! Etc... Not happy to say the least and my husband is even more unhappy because he has to see hear and see me suffer!

flag | Submitted March 1, 2016

His immediate assistantis rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. She needs to be fired. He is a doctor who loses interest in a patient after he has done all of his procedures on them. Then, he begins to decrease their medication to the point that the pain relief is no longer there. Reminder,- HE IS a pain management doctor. That means managing the pain not taking away all the pain medications. I will see him one more time to ask that my meds be increased to where they were. If not, there are doctors out there with better ratings, anyway. I guess I'll seek one of them.

flag | Submitted February 28, 2016

ABSOLUTE DISGRACE! "was let go" for a failed urine test so I took the results to my primary doctor and was told that there was nothing on the test! Took the test results back to his office for clarification and they are so non-confrontational that they will not return calls or even show there face out front when I went bye. The "seperation letter also states that they would see me for up to 30 days until I found a new doctor which they will not honor. So I cant walk due to back problems as well as fibermayalgia and degenerative disc disease but they believe it is fine to stop all medicine with no explanation? My lawyer is going to have a field day!

flag | Submitted September 22, 2014

Dr Parker and his staff are what a doctor and his staff should be-caring about a patient's concerns, take the time to answer questions and concerns of patients, reassuring patients that helping with their concerns come first and foremost. So glad to have them help me.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2013

Can pin point the problem and give you the best options.

flag | Submitted November 19, 2013

Schedules too many patients, never honors appointment time. Lack of respect for the time of his patients.

flag | Submitted February 4, 2013

Dr. Stephen Q. Parker's Credentials

• Medical University Of South Carolina College Of Medicine (Grad. 1993)

Veterans Administration