Ratings for Dr. Pierre Lanoix

He is not a very nice doctor. I told him I have a lump in my breast. He asked me if it hurt. I said no. He said then its not cancer. Who says that??? So I knew he was not really a doctor for me. He is also very rude. I would not put one star but I have no choice.

flag | Submitted September 25, 2017

I'll start with this, Dr. Lanoix will not hold your hand and baby you. He is very straight forward and gets to the point. He has been my doctor for 15 years and I wouldn't go elsewhere. He provides me with great advice, will diagnose me properly, and provide m with the right treatment. As someone said below, no BS and gets sh*t done and for that I like him. Great Doctor (and the clinic is also very nice so that helps too)!

flag | Submitted June 2, 2017

Each time my husbands visit the Dr. with a health issue; the doctor replies he has nothing. For every health concerns; my husband was confirmed elsewhere with a diagnose. One of the diagnose is serious. Looking for another family Dr.

flag | Submitted October 11, 2016

Unprofessional physician, worst experience ever. any good reviews are probably put up by him or his friends.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2016

I went to check to see if I had strip throat and he did not even do a test he opened my mouth and just told me it wasn't anything just a common cold when I had strip a month ago and it felt the same thing .

flag | Submitted May 19, 2016

This guy does not like people. Should have tried pets. He's rude and extremely impatient with kids, a real expert at making you feel like a complete idiot. Misdiagnosed me twice. This guy is just terrible.

flag | Submitted May 11, 2016

If you want to be an active participant in your health care, if you believe that your primary doctor should be your partner not your hand holder, and you are willing to be accountable for your own health and progress ie a reasonable human being who believes that your are responsible for yourself, then Dr Lanoix is amazing! I have been with him through 10 of my 11 years with a chronic incurable disease, and Dr Lanoix is the only thing that has kept me sane and positive all these years. He has helped me when Ottawa specialists failed to provide adequate care, and fully supported me in my own independent research to find a new specialist who was better qualified and more understanding of my symptoms and limitations. Even though I have traveled to Toronto from Rockland now for the past 4 years to see these other specialists, Dr Lanoix has been 100% supportive of me taking control of my own health care. and coordinating with my medical team in Toronto. He encourages me to understand my illness and medications and gives me straight facts. If you want a doctor to baby you and relieve you of your responsibility of taking care of yourself, then yes seek someone else, but if you truly believe health care involves an active partnership between doctor and patient then, he is the genuine articular.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I don't know anybody who actually thinks Dr. Lanoix is a good physician. My personal experience with him made me request a different doctor. He is arrogant and has no bedside manner. I started seeing Dr. Lanoix in high school and have never been made to feel more uncomfortable or stupid when I have needed care or asked questions. To the commenters saying not to waste his time - who am I supposed to go to for more information on a health problem then my doctor? I had an experience when I saw Dr. Lanoix once where I was asking him for information about dealing with hypothyroidism and being an active teenager and he literally turned to his computer and showed me how to Google it. I told him that I had searched every possible site he could find. So he basically looked at my questions as though I was stupid and instead of answering them, or directing me to a specialist who could answer them he wrote down the URL of a website and told me to go look it up on my own. This is only one example of his low level of respect for his clients. I'm glad I don't have to see him anymore.

flag | Submitted December 8, 2015

This guy is rude and stresses me out. He does not care about the people that he sees in the office. He seems to have some sort of a god complex. He thinks is the authority on twins and doesn't care or take time to hear his patients.

flag | Submitted October 3, 2015

Great doctor no b.s. tells it as it is...interested in patients....great clinic...!

flag | Submitted October 2, 2015