Ratings for Dr. Susan Goodwin

I have been seeing Dr. Goodwin for approximately 10 years. I suffer severe migraines that have become debilitating. I have just read a few comments and I am shocked at what some people are saying. I find it very hard that certain people could say the doctor is rude and disrespectful!! Over my 10 years I started seeing the doctor on a three-month basis for approximately three or four years then it switched to every six months and now it's once a year needless to say I've seen her quite often do the math, and not one time has she ever been rude, disrespectful, unattentive or any other rotten things some people have said just because I guess the truth sometimes hurts! Also on the one lady who stated that her son had to fill out a headache chart well I also did the same thing for close to three years every single day three times a day and in the long run believe it or not it was very very helpful after researching the chart we were able to determine some information which in turn was very helpful the church is par for the course. Anyway is in closing I've never had any issues in the last 10 years and I don't think I ever will because if you think about it I would have already considering the amount of doctor visits in 10 years. Hey what can you say there's always a few bad apples that have nothing better to do but wine, I would have no problem recommending anyone to dr. Goodwin she has done nothing but help me and made my life a heck of a lot easier.

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

this is my second visit with Dr.Goodwin and find her very pleasant and easy to talk to she listens to you and tries to explain thins in a way you can understand without being condescending. I have good expectations that she will help me resolve my problems. I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

The doctor was rude, attacking, disrespectful and condescending. She listened to my daughter's account of what was happening to her and said it all made no sense. We tried to figure out what she needed to make sense and she just waved us off, and said, "I'll to my little thing but good luck figuring anything out." After her cursory exam she lectured us on finding patterns but refused to look at the page my daughter produced with her notes about her issues. We still have no idea what she wanted us to do, but she made us both feel awful. She may be a great doctor if you have an easy in the box problem, but she obviously isn't going to try to help you figure out something that is difficult (which was why we were there after 2 years of trying to get a diagnosis).

flag | Submitted August 26, 2016

Dr. Goodwin has been seeing me for two years now. She not only is a great doctor,but a kind hearted woman. Her giving me the best care is her top priority. I cannot thank her enough for all she has done for me.

flag | Submitted August 15, 2016

She was rude, disrespectful and disregarded anything I said. A doctor? It's amazing how these power hungry people are attracted to medicine.

flag | Submitted January 30, 2016

Took my son to see her . He has a diagnosed rare genetic disorder. she was rude and said she did not know anything about disorder and concluded he was depressed ...not knowing the symptoms of his disorder. My son who is usually nice to Drs. said....I never want to see her again...as she clearly was ignoring his concerns. She had him keep a log of his headaches for a month then never even looked at it after her kept a complete log. We went to a Dr In the US the next week for episodic ataxia who told s this was part of the disease (Not depression as she told him) and he treated the symptoms. overall poor bedside manor and poor knowledge of rare neurological disorders...cannot imagine how life would be for my son if she was all he HAD to rely on...telling him he is just depressed!FIND ANOTHER NEUROLOGIST IF YOU CAN. STAFF WAS GOOD SHE WAS A NIGHTMARE

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Over the last few years I've been suffering from a tremor in my right arm. Over the last two years it has gotten worst, and I've noticed more symptoms as time has gone by. I was made to wait for awhile in the office, the entire time my tremor was going. When I was finally brought back to her exam room I was made to awhile before she showed up. In that time, the tremor had stopped. Looking at me she told me the problem was my weight, but went through an exam that came back clear at the time. She said she could only read MS from my doctor's note and refused to listen to what I had to say as to what had been happening. She told me yet again that it was my weight (though this all started before I gained the weight from hypothyroidism that was out of control for awhile due to doctor error) and if in a years time I was still experiencing the symptoms then to go back to her. I have since seen another neurologist who immediately recognized a problem and is in the process of diagnosing the problem. I will add in here that losing weight has seemed to have increased the symptoms. I found that I was talked down to, and made to feel as though I was crazy for thinking there was a problem, and that she refused to listen to the things that I had noticed accumulating over the years. I personally would tell anyone I know who said they were to see her to find another neurologist.

flag | Submitted March 11, 2015

Saw me when I was unable to walk and had my diagnosis before my first appointment as she had seen the MRI's from the ER department. I got diagnosed at 11 am and had my first treatment transfusion at 1:30 pm. Very helpful and knowledgeable about MS and helped me make hard decisions. I would recommend her to anyone!! She literally gave me the ability to walk again when the hospitals kept turning me away for not being an emergency!

flag | Submitted December 10, 2014

Dr.Goodwin was very helpful to me,with paincontrol etc.

flag | Submitted November 28, 2014

She took my Mom as a patient immediately. She literally save my Mom's life! She has been treating my Mom since 2009. She is one of the most caring, professional people I have met. Keep up the good work!

flag | Submitted October 16, 2014