Dr. Samuel Aronson

Ratings for Dr. Samuel Aronson

I met Dr. Aronson in Nov 2016 at Physimed as a result of urology issues I was experiencing. He immediately instructed me to undergo several tests (MRI Imaging, Ultrasound etc.) and within a short period of time diagnosed my problem and put me in contact with Dr. Corcos who performed my surgery. Dr. Aronson is an excellent Urologist who cares for his patients and takes immediate action. Dr. Aronson provided excellent service, treatment and information. I would highly recommend Dr. Aronson. I owe a huge debt to Dr. Aronson for quickly diagnosing my issue, treating me with care, dignity and respect. I highly recommend Dr. Aronson Giorgio C.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Aronson's since 2012 for what has so far turned out to be a non-aggressive, slow-growing prostate cancer. While I can understand that his somewhat quirky humour is not for everyone, I can only recommend him as a urologist in the strongest possible terms. First of all, Dr. Aronson is clearly at the cutting edge of current diagnostic technology when it comes to assessing prostate cancers. He has been a pioneer in advancing the use of MRI imaging to dramatically increase the accuracy and reliability of prostate cancer diagnoses. This is a huge step forward. As he explained to me at our first meeting--and as I have seen confirmed time and again in the recent medical literature--until the arrival of MRI imaging, prostate cancer diagnoses were shockingly hit-and-miss, relying on quite variable PSA readings (mine jumped from 4 to 9 and then back to 4.3 during one 12-month period) and tending towards massive overtreatment 'just to stay on the safe side,' which must have caused untold unnecessary hardship for thousands of men like me. Unlike most doctors I have encountered in the past, Aronson was not at all keen on jumping to aggressive treatment if it wasn't absolutely necessary. In my case (and again, so far; knock on wood) the MRI imaging and the much more precise biopsies it permitted Dr. Aronson to conduct on my prostate clearly indicated that aggressive treatment would do far more harm than good. Dr. Aronson is not only at the cutting edge of prostate cancer diagnostics, he is also extremely happy to explain the procedures to his patients. I have spent a great deal of time with him discussing the new techniques and what their promises and limitations are. And when discussing my case, Dr. Aronson has always taken as much time as needed to explain his thinking to me in every detail. In fact, he basically treats me as a fellow diagnostician, laying out the evidence before me and asking me what I think. Maybe some of his patients find this unsettling and prefer doctors to talk to them like all-knowing medical authorities but I prefer to know what's what, what we know and what we don't know, what's firm and what's questionable, etc. What is more, Dr. Aronson has created a superbly informative website, (http://prostatecancermri-accurate-diagnosistreatment.com/ ) where you can find out everything you need to know about the current state of prostate cancer treatment and more. Just the website is already a huge service to his patients and all others who want to make sure they get the best available treatment for their prostate cancers! And I should add that he has had to fight quite an uphill battle against the natural conservatism of the profession to get the new MRI-based techniques accepted in prostate cancer diagnostics. It took quite some time and effort, but now these techniques are finally becoming more commonplace, in large part thanks to Dr. Aronson. In short, all men at risk of prostate cancer owe him a huge debt of gratitude and those who have ended up as his patients can thank their lucky stars!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Arrogant, unpleasant,rude,uncaring,abrupt..... there are not enough negative words to describe this person who was condescending for the 7 minutes of his interview.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Terribly rude and condescending! Went for a consultation and when I started asking questions he seemed irritated! I see a few reviews here that are positive about him..but the majority are negative...I am not surprised!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I felt really uncomfortable the entire time I was there. He didn't listen to anything I had to say and was unimpressed when I didn't agree with what he had to say. He made a misogynistic comment and seemed judgemental. He saw me for maybe 8 minutes. Horrible experience really invalidating considering I have been to the clinic 6 times before getting referred to a specialist.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016

Don't believe the claptrap your reading, Dr. Aronson has been treating me extremely well for the last 8 years. Having been referred to see him for prostrate problems, I could not have been treated any better. Even offered to do the tests at the JGH (free) or in his office($$). Not one once of pushing to do it privately. One morning at the hospital the secretary was giving me a hard time concerning the requests for testing, on seeing this he immediately interceded on my behalf to get my tests done. I have only felt kindness, decency and caring from this Doc. We should all have access to Doctors like him. I trust him unconditionally and wholeheartedly recommend him. AAA+++

flag | Submitted April 26, 2016

Have seen Dr. Aronson several times, Find him to be a very good Doctor, He knows what he's doing , always gives me the information I Need very friendly every time I have seen him. Would recommend him.

flag | Submitted April 9, 2016

Arrogant scumbag left my dad with 1.3 litre of urine and no catheter had to take him to Jewish ER after this nonchalant dr wanted to increase his antibiotics what a jerk avoid this guy at all costs !thank Gd for the Jewish general ER

flag | Submitted January 17, 2016

Very rude, and arrogant. As soon as I asked him a question, I was practically thrown out of his office.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2016

Not helpfull at all. I actually felt worse after seeing him: not only did he not help me with my medical problem, I felt like he barely listened to me and made weird comments and joke about my private life. Very innapropriate and incomfortable, and since I saw him twice and he didn't do anything to help me, it slowed down the process, and I had to go back to a clinic to get another reference. I do not recommend him at all.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2015