Dr. Samuel Aronson

Ratings for Dr. Samuel Aronson

Arrogant,sec,insultant,mange devant nous,ne repond pas aux questions,.A éviter.

flag | Submitted July 12, 2018

This is the worst Dr. I've ever been too. He is rude, and has a bad attitude, says stupid things. I got another referral from my GP and never went back to him.

flag | Submitted May 23, 2018

I visited Dr. Samuel Aronson at the Jewish General on April, 24, 2018. I found him to be mild-mannered, caring, knowledgeable and perceptive. He was very attentive to my concerns, did a thorough examination. I left feeling in high spirits.

flag | Submitted April 25, 2018

After knowing I came from Asia, and have lived in Canada for over 15 years, he said," so you are Eskimo". I can not believe a professional doctor use the term as a joke or half a joke. This is ridiculous. Avoid him if you can. Probably he is good with his expertise, but he might have an issue. He himself should consult a doctor, a good one.

flag | Submitted February 22, 2018

As a 45 years old man, I had some testicles pain, so I was referred to see Dr. Aronson. After waiting for over 1 hour, I got to see him. He does not seem to bother listening to what I said. He went on to examine me. Although I don't know the normal practice for Urologist, he examined my testicles, and then told me to turn around and do a rectal examination. Without giving me warnings and potential bleeding. He inserted his finger or thumb into the rectal opening and caused tremendous pain to me. I complained and he said "I am not going to do it again". After coming back, I started to feel my rectal opening was bleeding, and indeed it was. I felt it is weird for him to use that amount of force to examine a patient's rectal. Please be gentle with your intrusive examination. Thanks. Also, If you do, Please inform your patients of the pain and potential consequence of bleeding.

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

I met Dr. Aronson in Nov 2016 at Physimed as a result of urology issues I was experiencing. He immediately instructed me to undergo several tests (MRI Imaging, Ultrasound etc.) and within a short period of time diagnosed my problem and put me in contact with Dr. Corcos who performed my surgery. Dr. Aronson is an excellent Urologist who cares for his patients and takes immediate action. Dr. Aronson provided excellent service, treatment and information. I would highly recommend Dr. Aronson. I owe a huge debt to Dr. Aronson for quickly diagnosing my issue, treating me with care, dignity and respect. I highly recommend Dr. Aronson Giorgio C.

flag | Submitted September 6, 2017

I have been a patient of Dr. Aronson's since 2012 for what has so far turned out to be a non-aggressive, slow-growing prostate cancer. While I can understand that his somewhat quirky humour is not for everyone, I can only recommend him as a urologist in the strongest possible terms. First of all, Dr. Aronson is clearly at the cutting edge of current diagnostic technology when it comes to assessing prostate cancers. He has been a pioneer in advancing the use of MRI imaging to dramatically increase the accuracy and reliability of prostate cancer diagnoses. This is a huge step forward. As he explained to me at our first meeting--and as I have seen confirmed time and again in the recent medical literature--until the arrival of MRI imaging, prostate cancer diagnoses were shockingly hit-and-miss, relying on quite variable PSA readings (mine jumped from 4 to 9 and then back to 4.3 during one 12-month period) and tending towards massive overtreatment 'just to stay on the safe side,' which must have caused untold unnecessary hardship for thousands of men like me. Unlike most doctors I have encountered in the past, Aronson was not at all keen on jumping to aggressive treatment if it wasn't absolutely necessary. In my case (and again, so far; knock on wood) the MRI imaging and the much more precise biopsies it permitted Dr. Aronson to conduct on my prostate clearly indicated that aggressive treatment would do far more harm than good. Dr. Aronson is not only at the cutting edge of prostate cancer diagnostics, he is also extremely happy to explain the procedures to his patients. I have spent a great deal of time with him discussing the new techniques and what their promises and limitations are. And when discussing my case, Dr. Aronson has always taken as much time as needed to explain his thinking to me in every detail. In fact, he basically treats me as a fellow diagnostician, laying out the evidence before me and asking me what I think. Maybe some of his patients find this unsettling and prefer doctors to talk to them like all-knowing medical authorities but I prefer to know what's what, what we know and what we don't know, what's firm and what's questionable, etc. What is more, Dr. Aronson has created a superbly informative website, (http://prostatecancermri-accurate-diagnosistreatment.com/ ) where you can find out everything you need to know about the current state of prostate cancer treatment and more. Just the website is already a huge service to his patients and all others who want to make sure they get the best available treatment for their prostate cancers! And I should add that he has had to fight quite an uphill battle against the natural conservatism of the profession to get the new MRI-based techniques accepted in prostate cancer diagnostics. It took quite some time and effort, but now these techniques are finally becoming more commonplace, in large part thanks to Dr. Aronson. In short, all men at risk of prostate cancer owe him a huge debt of gratitude and those who have ended up as his patients can thank their lucky stars!

flag | Submitted August 5, 2017

Arrogant, unpleasant,rude,uncaring,abrupt..... there are not enough negative words to describe this person who was condescending for the 7 minutes of his interview.

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Terribly rude and condescending! Went for a consultation and when I started asking questions he seemed irritated! I see a few reviews here that are positive about him..but the majority are negative...I am not surprised!!

flag | Submitted October 24, 2016

I felt really uncomfortable the entire time I was there. He didn't listen to anything I had to say and was unimpressed when I didn't agree with what he had to say. He made a misogynistic comment and seemed judgemental. He saw me for maybe 8 minutes. Horrible experience really invalidating considering I have been to the clinic 6 times before getting referred to a specialist.

flag | Submitted July 27, 2016