Ratings for Dr. Frederick J. Menick

Dr. Menick specializes in the reconstruction of complicated nasal and facial deformities caused by cancer, trauma, gunshots, fireworks and other type of explosions and fires. My visit and care was due to skin cancer surgery done elsewhere that was done incorrectly and left a less than ideal result. Dr. Menick over the next year reconstructed my nose to a level that I never expected to be possible. Menick used a lot of my ear to do this but the ear will heal and will never be noticeable. Menick is a genius and specializes in the complex so to see negative reviews on here is very unusual. Menick sees patients on Saturdays and he even saw me on Thanksgiving one year. At any rate, I highly recommend Menick for any complicated nasal or facial reconstruction due to cancer, trauma etc. Aside from my great experience, I was able to see first hand the deep level of reconstruction by meeting and seeing other patients in the waiting room over the year and half of surgery that I faced.

flag | Submitted August 20, 2017

Deeply disturbing. Dr Menick has caused extensive nerve damage, injured eyes,Fracture to orbital floor. Scarring is painful and disfiguring. Extensive facial paralysis with inability to properly open mouth. Deformity is obvious. Have been asked if I had been in accident(MVA) by surgeon who attempted to determine what had occurred. Menick stated "women are never satisfied as you have to get it just right!"

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

I am very surprised to read negative commments about Dr. Menick. My face, especially my nose, has had a very important damage and I don't thnk that anyone in the world could have done whar he did. He basically allowed me to get my life back, without judging, with empathy, respect and accepted to perform on my his unbeleivable talent, I will never be able to thank him enough.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2015

BEWARE! Do research. Dr Menick had used far too many people to practice his techniques on. The outcome of my surgery is horrific. Far worse than before. Blocked nasal passage confirmed scope by ENT. Signed for rhinoplasty but have visible scars as eyebrows were shifted to match his mess up. Chin also has visible scarring and football shape outline 8 years after surgery. Procedures performed that were not even discussed as a possibility. He provided no explanation for hairline and behind ears scars! Told "Well I certainly don't see what you are seeing". Told me that I was overreacting and to go "see somebody about that". Constant pain and eyesight affected. Ophthalmologist stated that eyes were repositioned somewhat and tear ducts damaged. Now unable to wear contacts. Glasses do not fit as bridge of nose is far off midline. Large bump and discolored skin. Cartilage prominent and a visible outlineon both sides of nasal tip. Nose shortened and there is a graft of some type that sits on top of end of trigrminal nerve resulting in pain. Pain to eye due to trigrminal nerve damage. Droopy and sunken eye. Have been told by other plastic surgeons that face was pulled to side to match nose. Quilting stitc I did not sign consent for this extensive surgery and it was not necessary. He needed a face to hack up. Hopefully people will tell their story so others don't end up asso many have and he just brushed you off Condescending,arrogant and Incompetent. He may have done good things MANY years ago so people hear that but review his results the last 10 years. Do not let this physician continue with his experimentation and mutilation

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

This doctor is obviously knowledgeable, but seems to have a general lack of empathy for his pAtients.He never called to check up on me after my surgery and when I reported problems, he told me to wait a year. Now that a year is up, he said I would not benefit from more surgery. I have talked to other patients that were given the same treatment. My problem is strictly functional . I cannot breathe through my nose. Unless you are a cancer patient, I would look elsewhere.

flag | Submitted July 14, 2014

He is a great Doctor whom is highly skilled at nose reconstruction. I worked with him on my nose and face due to extensive skin cancer that was cut out by a Mohs surgeon that he had me see in Tucson. That referral was the start of my journey and then included 7 surgeries and has ended with outstanding results. Most people I meet have no idea that 1/2 my nose was cut off then repaired flawlessly by this incredible plastic surgeon. I am grateful for my experince with him. He is one of the best Doctors I have ever met.

flag | Submitted March 19, 2014

Nose function and appearance after surgery with Menick was terrible. He caused a collapse of my nasal valve and left me with bumps on my bridge and cartilage showing thru tip. He gave no aftercare and would not fix any of these problems he created. He was so rude and not professional at all. This is an expensive surgery and I had to pay for another one due to all the problems he caused.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2013

I am so glad to finally see some bad reviews of Dr.Mennick. He was very condescending, said he wouldn't guarantee anything, and that I wouldn't look like a princess in a fairy tale. (Like I didn't know that at age 50+?) Still I stuck with him due to the good reviews and his website. My nose shows too much nostril and had a bump on one side. I can't wear glasses without discomfort because the bridge is too wide. When I saw him after the surgery he said, "Oh you have a bump. That will only take 15 minutes to fix." After spending $8,000 and being totally traumatized, he didn't care a bit. Plus, I was violently nauseous from swallowing so much blood, that I stayed in the recovery room vomiting for several hours. He finally came back when they couldn't help me and gave me some meds to calm me down. It was one of the worst experiences in my life. Don't go to Dr. Mennick!!!!

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

Went to him thinking he was the "God of rhinoplasty". Well this "God" made me look worse than before my revision rhinoplasty with him. He is not good with aftercare, brushes off your concerns. I would highly NOT recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 8, 2013

Professional, dedicated and talented. Definately under promisses results. After extensive research I can say I am totally happy with the results and that I had chosen Dr. Menick.

flag | Submitted October 4, 2012

Dr. Frederick J. Menick's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1970)

• BCBS Massachusetts