Ratings for Dr. David G. Williamson

i had a breast reduction back in 2015. Being only 23 at the time, Dr. Williamson took every precaution and let me know the risks of having this done prior to having children (for the sake of breastfeeding). The results of my surgery were amazing and at 25 now, I feel very confident with myself now! Thank you, Dr. Williamson and staff!

flag | Submitted February 21, 2017

In August I had an abdominoplasty with vaser liposuction and sculpting of the entire abdominal area as well as lipo of the inner thigh and knees. I was so impressed with the recommendations from friends and the experience in the office that I arranged to come from Edmonton to have Dr. Williamson do the procedure. Everyone was incredible - from the receptionist to the anesthesiologist and the recovery room nurses. And, of course, Dr. Williamson. I am one of those 1% that runs into complications just because that's the way my body was working at that time. Everyone handled all of it incredibly well and the follow up was amazing. Dr. Williamson made sure to call and check in on me frequently, reviewed all the photos, questions and concerns that I sent quickly to either provide guidance or reassurance. He was there before, during and after the surgery with patience and understanding and continued support. Three months afterwards I could not be more impressed. The change that he created has made a literal world of difference for me. I have confidence. I do not hide in clothes that are too big. I do wear clothes that show the world my new figure - I'm a walking piece of art and advertising of the incredible work of Dr. David G. Williamson. I have already sent in referrals and will continue to do so. Can't wait to go someplace warm and put on a bathing suit and proudly walk about. No more hiding for this lady!

flag | Submitted November 17, 2016

I just finished my surgery and follow-up with Dr D G Williamson and have to say the Dr and staff are very professional, helpful and empathetic to your need. My procedure was a lower face lift and WOW what a great job by all.

flag | Submitted November 8, 2016

I had a breast augmentation done four weeks ago. I couldn't be any happier with my results and the amazing staff. I would highly recommend David Williamson. :)

flag | Submitted September 22, 2016

I had a bilateral mastopexy 5 weeks ago after having thought / dreamed about it for years. I WISH I'd come to Dr. Williamson sooner!!! I cannot believe I waited to have this life altering procedure done. Going in I knew nothing, I thought what I wanted was simply a reduction. After a lengthy discussion with Dr. Williamson he explained why the mastopexy was a better option for me. He never seemed rushed and always had tons of time to answer my questions (which were plentiful.) He was incredibly patient and kind and really wonderful to deal with. His staff are amazing. During the lead up to the surgery I was nervous as I'd never had any type of medical procedure before but they were all so kind and reassuring. The day of the surgery was great, again I was nervous, but everyone was so kind and did their absolute best to put me at ease. The surgery went great and the follow up care was exceptional. I had no issued or complications whatsoever, but as I'm a bit of a nervous nelly I kept asking if I could come back in to get check out. They also booked me in really quickly and he was always happy to reassure me that everything was healing as it should be. My breasts look fantastic now, I don't think they were this nice even when I was a teenager! Dr. Williamson is AMAZING and I'll always be thankful for his wonderful work and great support through this whole experience. Just so so so so happy with my results and with the care given to me.

flag | Submitted September 18, 2016

I want to share my experience with my breast implants and the excellent work Dr. Williamson did for me. My initial implants had been in for over 25 years. Just recently after a strenuous exercise class I felt my right implant move around my side closer to my armpit. It was then I realized I had waited far too long between exams. I called Dr. Williamson's office, he confirmed my thoughts that my implants were ruptured and needed to be replaced. During the surgery it became apparent to Dr. Williamson that he had his work "cut out" for him. He even contemplated waiting a year before replacing the implant on the very damaged side. His decision was to complete the procedure with the one challenging surgery. I was very grateful to have been in such excellent hands. I love my new implants, the symmetry superb ! My advise to anyone who is living with an older version of implants call Dr. Williamson and get them checked out. It may save you from going through a difficult surgery like mine. Thank-you again Dr. Williamson and also a big thanks to your kind caring staff

flag | Submitted July 14, 2016

I had my double mastectomy in May of 2014 in Calgary Alberta. There was a lot of problems which required a second surgery the next day. Needless to say I was left with a lot of scar tissue. When I saw Dr Williamson in December of 2015 , he explained all the different options available to me. We decided on which one was the best and went forward from there. I got the call for my surgery date in April. I have had many surgeries, and can honestly say I had the best care ever from Dr Williamson and all his staff. My surgery was very intensive, as it took 7&1/2 hours. It was a tram flap procedure, and I couldn't be happier. I finally feel like I got "me" back. I can't say enough what a wonderful, talented surgeon he is. Thank you so very much! Don't hesitate to call his office!! Definitely worth 5 stars!

flag | Submitted May 13, 2016

I am so pleased to have been referred to Dr David Williamson. . Dr. Williamson was very detailed in what procedures were possible given that I would require a Mastectomy with reconstructive surgery on the same day. I found Dr. Williamson easy to speak and ask question with, he took time to answer each of my questions and never attempted to rush me. My Surgery happened in October 2015. On the day of surgery Dr. Williamson came to the pre op room to talk with me and mark where he would be performing surgery. I was extremely nervous on the day of my surgery, Dr. Williamson's kind, knowledgeable, words put my mind at ease as I felt I was in very good hands. Dr. Williamson performed a Deep Inferior Epigastric Perforators (Artery/Viens) After my skin and nipple sparing mastectomy. The complete surgery took approximately 8 hours. I did spend four days in hospital but was up on my feet day three and home late in the day on day 4. I was relieved and pleased. I am now 5 months post op and I feel fantastic!! I look amazing . If you looked at both Breasts you would never know I had surgery on one. The reconstruction fatty tissue came from my lower abdomen so basically got a 2 for 1 deal. Breast reconstruction and a tummy tuck. I would recommend to any one requiring this type of surgery to put their faith in Dr. Williamson. A Big 5 Stars for Dr. David Williamson!!

flag | Submitted March 28, 2016

My surgeon/patient relationship with Dr. David Williamson began in January 2015. I had recently been diagnosed with breast cancer, and opted for one surgery event for both a double mastectomy and breast reconstruction. Dr. David Williamson was the plastic surgeon referred to me for reconstruction, and I had my first consultation with him on January 29, 2015. He was thorough and clear in communicating reconstruction options. The appointment never felt hurried. He took time – all the time I needed to feel comfortable with the information, and I felt no pressure to make a decision then and there, regarding my choice. His consult dissipated all anxiety, and a day or two later, I decided to go with the TRAM Flap procedure (breast reconstruction using abdominal tissue). It was the best decision I could have made! My TRAM Flap surgery took place February 17, 2015, followed by nipple construction surgery on November 30, 2015. I am ELATED with the results. These new girls are better than the ones I was born with, and I literally feel like a new woman! Throughout my entire recovery, and with each follow-up consultation, Dr. David Williamson’s patient care has been superior. He is a highly skilled, attentive and caring surgeon. I highly recommend him to anyone considering plastic surgery – of any kind. Doris Kletke

flag | Submitted January 1, 2016

My family doctor recommended Dr. Williamson for a breast reduction. I am 3 weeks post op and could not be more pleased with the entire experience. His staff is helpful and pleasant to deal with. From booking my initial consultation through Lois, to Patrice answering my questions and giving me the information I needed. Dr. Williamson made me feel comfortable with my decision to have this surgery and took his time with me. On the day of surgery we talked about the size I would like to be and I put my trust in him and I was not dissapointed. I am thrilled with my new and improved breasts and feel better than I ever imagined . I went from a full F cup to a small C which is perfect for me. Not only is the neck and back pain gone but I feel much more confident about the way I look. My post op appointment went really well. Patrice is such a gem! Dr. Williamson was pleased with the result and answered all my questions. I would highly recommend Dr. Williamson .

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

Dr. David G. Williamson's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

​Dr. David G. Williamson re­ceived his B.Sc. from the Uni­ver­sity of New Brunswick in 1989, fol­lowed in 1994 by his Doc­tor of Med­i­cine from Dal­housie Uni­ver­sity in Hal­i­fax, N.S. Res­i­dent train­ing in Plas­tic and Re­con­struc­tive Surgery was at the Uni­ver­sity of British Co­lum­bia from 1994 - 1999. After successfully completing his specialty exams with the Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada, Dr. Williamson continued with additional advanced fellowship training at St. Joseph’s Health Centre in London, Ontario. Aesthetic cosmetic plastic surgery was a component of this advanced fellowship training. Upon completion of his fellowship, Dr. Williamson established practice in Kelowna, joining the medical community as a fully qualified Plastic and Reconstructive Surgeon. Being a part of the medical staff at both the Kelowna General Hospital, as well as the Okanagan Plastic Surgery Centre, Dr. Williamson is able to include the full range of aesthetic cosmetic surgical procedures in his practice. Dr. Williamson is a mem­ber in good stand­ing of the Amer­i­can So­ci­ety of Aes­thetic Plas­tic Sur­geons (AS­APS) and the Cana­dian So­ci­ety of Plas­tic Sur­geons (CSPS). Dr. Williamson wel­comes con­sul­ta­tions for a wide va­ri­ety of cos­metic pro­ce­dures. Con­sul­ta­tions fo­cus on the pa­tients’ needs and ex­pected out­comes with in­di­vid­u­al­ized plans made for each and every pa­tient. Association Memberships Canadian Society of Plastic Surgeons American Society for Aesthetic Plastic Surgery Canadian Society for Aesthetic (Cosmetic) Plastic Surgery Gam Canada Canadian Microsurgery Society MANUS Canadian Hand Society British Columbia Hand Society BC Plastic Surgery Society American Association for Hand Surgery (AAHS) Clinical Assistant Professor – University of British Columbia

• English