Ratings for Dr. Y Surya

Great office! Staff and dentists are knowledgeable and helpful.

flag | Submitted October 18, 2016

the lady receptionist is very rude! she should be terminated

flag | Submitted July 12, 2016

My family and I have been going to Surya for years (about 20) and we love her. She is very friendly and helpful and understanding of budget needs. Staff are pretty good too, depends on who you get bus Eva is great. Last time I was there she called my insurance and got all the info about my coverage for me. Really helpful. My only advice would be avoid the hygienist Mindy - she is very rough. I'd recommend Tina, everyone loves her and she books solid 4-5 months in advance. Overall I would recommend Surya, I trust her and her team.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2015

I am new to Dr Surya's office. I see Dr Alvin Lo he's great and my experience with all other staff has been very pleasant. I wish my former expereince with Dentist when I lived in Toronto was as good as been with Dr Lo.

flag | Submitted April 30, 2015

hi there, i am new to this dentist office. my first vist was in august i had a teeth emerg. I than went again and they give me what they call a new patient exam. I now just went yesterday for a cleaning, and of course there are add ons when it comes to pay. DENTISTS ARE SCAMMERS, I dont plan on going back, because i dont have benefits me, having your teeth looked at is alot of $$, i do have cavaties that i have to take care of in time. but they now want another New patient exam AGAIN in 6 months. what dont they get i dont have benefits. its awful i am going back to my original office, where its cheaper and ive been going there since i was a kid.. this is ridiculous.. i dont have benefits and theres always a catch its awful. I do love Dr, Surya, she is very nice and experience, as well as her staff... but the charges are my biggest complaint

flag | Submitted February 18, 2015

This office is disorganized and is always trying to change our appointments. A few of the hygenists are rude and unpleasant. I will be leaving this office and taking my family with me.

flag | Submitted November 27, 2014

My wife and I have been patients of Yvonne Surya for about 12 years. She is a very experienced professional and her staff are skilled, professional, and cheerful. I was saying only a few days ago how happy I was that my 5 year old daughter has been seeing Dr. Surya and that I knew that she was in great hands. I've had all manner of procedures done and I always feel that I'm in the hands of the best. I can't speak to the criticism below about orthodontics. Otherwise I'd trust Yvonne to drill, file, mould, inject, or extract anything in my mouth.

flag | Submitted May 16, 2014

Dr. Surya is a great dentist and person. My family has been seeing her for many years. She is up to date with the latest equipment and technology. Her staff really knows their stuff. She has an amazing team surrounding her.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2012

Had a couple of bad experiences here. First one was an extraction gone bad and I felt I wasn't the only one panicing. 2nd one was a problem tooth that she elected to treat with antibiotics only...nope, that wasn't it.

flag | Submitted August 29, 2012

After my amazing dentist retired I decided to try Dr.Surya. I went to Dr. Surya with sensitivity in one tooth 9 months ago. I explained that I do not have sensitive teeth so I feel like there is something wrong. She took xrays looked at them and told me there is nothing wrong. I returned 2 other times for fillings still with that sensitive tooth and was told again that there is nothing wrong with it. Now 9 months later, I started getting intense pain in my tooth and jaw for 3 days straight; throughout the night waking me every hour. I decided to go to a different dentist for second opinion. My new dentist took a xray and right away said that I needed a root canal and that is what's causing all the pain. Very disappointing. I was so upset because this all could have been prevented if my xrays were read properly. I most likely would not of had to have a root canal! I now go to Dr. Cohn and he's awesome!

flag | Submitted March 9, 2012