Ratings for Dr. Michael Olding

Yes there are numerous BEST doctors in the Washington DC area, but in the field of cosmetic/plastic surgery, NO ONE can compare to Dr. Michael Olding. Why? Dr. Olding's exceptional credentials are well earned: I'm 67, sun damaged all my life, and now my face, neck, and eyes are wrinkling and sagging everywhere you'd expect. I looked so tired, so "old". yet I was terrified of cosmetic surgery thanks to all those stories on TV about "botched jobs". UNTIL I MET DR. OLDING. He is highly skilled, an exceptionally gifted surgical artist, and his expertise is profound. Carefully explaining his suggested conservative solutions to remedy the damaging effects of too much sun as well as the aging common to all 67 year old faces and necks, Dr. Olding excels at achieving a "natural" refreshed look, rather than what we all see and describe as "she had her face done". Dr. Olding's work on my face/eyes/jowls/lips/neck has resulted in my looking as if I'd taken a 15 - 20 year vacation. My swelling was minimal, my discomfort was also minimal & so manageable (all I needed was Tylenol), and with the calm, always reassuring presence of Dr. Olding's Nurse Manager Beth McCann, recovery has been quick and easy. Dr. Olding and his team, including the warm and caring staff at GW Hospital, can make this imagined to be scary ordeal in fact an adventure in rejuvenation, with results that will leave you as thankful as I am to have placed my trust in this exceptionally gifted and talented surgeon, and his expert, attentive, responsive, caring staff. Thank you Team Olding for taking such wonderful care of me, for making me feel part of your medical family, and for having helped me shed 20 years off my face! ,

flag | Submitted August 22, 2017

Dr. Olding performed my breast reduction in 1998 and fast for almost 20 years... my breast still look fantastic! As some of the bloggers said, there's no "fluff" with him, but that what I liked, respected and appreciated. His candor, knowledge, expertise and professionalism are top notch! I was so impressed and please with his work that when my sister decided to have the same procedure... I told her not to consider anyone outside of Dr. Olding. He is the real deal!

flag | Submitted July 13, 2017

Dr. Michael Olding is honest and upfront. He will tell you that he is going to make you look natural and not overdone. If you are looking for that kind of look, sure there are plenty of surgeons out there. His pedigree is beyond incredible and is accomplishments (over 20 years) are so numerous that it is impossible to list them all here. Rest assured that there is no one I would trust more. I am 57, feel like I am 37 and wanted to look that way again. My lower face lift and neck lift have totally changed my attitude. Beth McCann was indispensable and she was able to talk me through my healing process too.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Dr. Olding and his staff, specifically Beth McCann, are absolutely wonderful! If you are looking for a surgeon who is knowledgeable, professional and honest, I would highly recommend Dr. Olding. He made me feel comfortable throughout the entire experience (consultation through 1-year follow-up) and I could not be happier with the results!

flag | Submitted March 30, 2016

The entire experience was excellent from the initial consultations to the follow up visits. I choose him because he was rated as the top doctor in plastic surgery and this was proven by my own results. His professional demeanor is excellent. I was in good hands. The staff was great. I can't say enough about the great care and great results.

flag | Submitted September 8, 2014

Dr. Olding and his staff provide the best office experience of any physician I have seen. I have total confidence in his opinion and know that he will be completely honest in his opinion. Beth McCann and the rest of the staff are always welcoming and helpful. Highest recommendation with hesitation.

flag | Submitted May 2, 2014

I went to DR. Olding for a breast reduction. He is professional and did an absolutely amazing job, his post-care surgery is excellent, he saw me several times to make sure everything was healing as expected. All his staff is competent, very polite and makes sure everything moves along with no complications for you.

flag | Submitted April 5, 2014

I am a little late with posting my comment but my conscience won't allow me not to share how wonderful Dr. Olding is. I went to Dr. Olding for a consultation in January 2013 an upper Blepharoplasty and possibly a tummy tuck. Let me just say that he and his staff were outstanding for their professionalism and bedside manner. Dr. Olding is very knowledgable and passionate about his work. He was very honest with me and I didn't leave his office with doubts. In fact, I immediately scheduled my appointment for my surgery. My insurance only covered my upper Blepharoplasty. My surgery was performed on April 19, 2013. I arrived at GW hospital and met Beth and Dr. Olding. Dr. Olding's nurse, Beth is awesome. Dr. Olding greeted me with such care and sensitivity. He explained in detail what would take place during surgery. When I awoke from surgery, I was so pleased with the outcome even with the stitches on my eyelids. I would definitely recommend Dr. Olding. I get so many compliments .

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

Dr. Olding and his staff are amazing at their jobs and made me comfortable with understanding my surgery. I had slightly tuberous breasts and Dr. Olding was able to take me from a small B to a full D all while making it look very natural. He was very straightforward and never once misled me concerning the difficulties with my breast shape. I recommend him to any woman looking to move forward with breast augmentation surgery.

flag | Submitted September 30, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Dr Olding. He took time to explain options, listened to what I wanted, made suggestions but did not push me beyond my comfort level. I found his manner professional and to the point. I recommend him without reservation.

flag | Submitted April 13, 2013

Dr. Michael Olding's Credentials

• University Of Kentucky College Of Medicine (Grad. 1980)

Delta Dental