Ratings for Dr. Lesley Mitchell

I have been a patient of Dr. Mitchell's for well over 20 years. I agree with all the negative comments on her. I find her extremely patronizing to the point of Rudeness. For the most part I avoid seeing her and make use of the RNs on her staff or sit and wait hours at a walk in clinic. However I have a young child who has just started JK, and has had one illness after another. I hate to sit with a sick child at a walk clinic in the busy flu season so I try to make appointments to see Dr. Mitchell. 9 out of 10 calls has resulted in "Sorry, Dr. Mitchell is not in" ... "Sorry Dr. Mitchell can not squeeze your child in" ... "sorry Dr. Mitchell is on yet ANOTHER vacation". What is the point of having a family Dr. if they are NEVER available?? I am amazed that she still has a practice. Not only is she a less than par doctor, a rude person but she is also never available! Avoid this woman at all costs as a family physician.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2011

I have had Dr.Mitchell as my primary care physician for over 15 years. I find her willing to listen, willing to refer elsewhere when asked, and easy to talk to. I am a 68 year old woman with few health problems except for latent asthma right now but she has counselled me in the past about personal issues and made worthwhile referrals at that time. I do find one has to be one's own advocate in today's world of health care but Dr. Mitchell has not prevented me from doing that. She is not very open to alternative health care solutions but has not been difficult when I have consulted a chiroprator or naturopath. I find some of the ocmments about her hard to believe.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2010

Have had her as family doctor for over ten years. Not impressed with her attitude towards me or the way she ignores my childrens questions and concerns. I have been using the walk-in clinics rather than see her for the past five years. Too bad there are not options for non-orphan patients. I will have to see her again and I am dredding it.

flag | Submitted November 26, 2010

DO NOT consider going to dr. mitchell. have been going 20 yrs to her just because there are no drs. in town. i will not return, she doesnt want to order tests for you (doesnt want to waste govt. $, she said). she has no feelings and is only worried about getting out of the office on time. she is not a nice person or a good dr. she is not up to date with medicine, only in it for the money - i wonder how many malpractice suits she has had.

flag | Submitted November 4, 2010

It is too bad that she does brush off your claims and treat you as a lower class citizen. I am lucky to have a family doctor, who now in her new location sees patients promptly but it is too bad she does not emit care and empathy to her patients needs. She is cold and not approachable. As a teen she was very harsh and insensitive and critical on my questions. Get a second opinion if you feel you need diagnosis on a life treatening or critical issue.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Long-time family doctor, only because we were stuck with limited options in Northern Ontario. She is the least helpful doctor that anyone in our family has come across. Doesn't seem to have the knowledge one would expect from a Doctor, and is generally not eager to help. My mother has asked her to connect her to a specialist, and Dr. Mitchell refused, only to find out later that she had cancer. Dr. Mitchell has a long track record of disappointing us as a family doctor. Suggest you look elsewhere if you have other options.

flag | Submitted May 27, 2010

This woman has made going in to see a doctor a hated thing. She has been my family doctor for my entire life, and Ive hated her the entire time. Its actually a joke in my family, we question whether or not shes really a real doctor. She is patronizing, arrogant and down right rude. She is unable to have children herself and in my opinion she hates any woman that can. Others commenting on birth control, i hear ya! She makes me feel silly for asking simple questions. I know many other patients that feel the same. Thankfully now you can see one of the nurses at her office. 10 minutes in a room with the last nurse i saw i learned more about my body/health than i have in 26 years with dr mitchell.

flag | Submitted April 26, 2010

I have always trusted Dr Mitchell. She has always been helpful and quick to refer me to a specialist if I need it. She is a fantastic Dr. I find it strange that others have posted that she "pressured" them into taking birth control. I decided not to go that route and she never questioned it. She simply just made sure I was informed about my decision.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010

I hate going to see this doctor. She is unhelpful and unthorough. I always go and see the nurse practitioners working in her clinic and they are 100 times better!

flag | Submitted December 21, 2009

this women is a **** she commented on my posture and said i looked insecure rather than listening to why i wanted to see her. she then cut me off and said we didn't have enough time when i wanted to ask her for another requisition. completely arrogant

flag | Submitted December 17, 2009