Ratings for Dr. Antonio Disclafani

Failed surgery and no help afterward! Told me to see a foot Dr. For leg and foot pain I didn't have prior too surgery!

flag | Submitted October 15, 2017

In 2013 Disclafani performed three operations on my wife, all in same spot of lumbar 4 and 5. The first he put in a clasp to separate the two, the second to free a pinched nerve caused by first operation, the third to remove clasp. Following third operation while still in Ocala Regional Hospital she developed osteomyelitis, a spinal infection requiring 7 weeks of antibiotics administered through a port. Six months after first operation she was released with a wheel chair, which later was replaced with a walker, then a cane and a right leg brace. Now four years later the pain emanating from the surgical site and down both legs necessitates four to five oxycodone daily to help relieve pain. She cannot stand for more than a minute without a weakness and pain and has to sit. At another time I will discuss the doctor's manner while dealing with my wife, the first point being he kept mispronouncing her name (being corrected each time), and at the final meeting with her, seven months after the first operation, he did not show up, leaving the disposition of the entire matter to his assistant Steve. Following the first operation my wife asked through the fog of the anesthesia the day before "will my back ever be flexible?" Disclafani responded: "We won't know for awhile but I do know you'll never have a flexible mind." She asked him what he meant by that statement. He did not respond and to this date has not.

flag | Submitted July 17, 2017

Horrible doctor Dr Disclafani did a spinal fusion for a herniated disc One year later I was still in terrible pain. I had an MRI done to find out that he left most of the herniated disc in my back. When I called and told them they didn't care. Since then I have heard that many people had botched surgeries with dr. Disclafani Avoid him at all costs I have to have a second surgery now

flag | Submitted July 6, 2017

Seems nice when you first meet him but after he does the surgery dosnt care at all. I had same symptoms after surgery ,less severe ,but same. Lots of pain and swelling which they continued to say is normal cleared me for work and therapy as I seemed to be getting worse! Referred me to another dr after two months after surgery where they ran tests of my foot and leg..did tests for weeks found nothing. I saw another dr on my own who did an mri of my back and found still a herniated disc that he did not get all of! And now I need another surgery! Dr.d. and his staff said to walk as much as I can handle...when I was not supposed to be walking much at all....he has no clue what he is doing and if I could go back DO NOT LET HIM OPERATE ON YOU!!!!!!!!!! MY surgery was feb. 2017...and now I need a second surgery two months later bc they brushed off all my symptoms. P.a. is rude as well. PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID! I am 32 and now have to undergo my second back surgery bc of incompetence! I want my life back!

flag | Submitted April 17, 2017

dr .d did my surgery on april 23 2015 and eight days later I started walking and now iam up and moving around so all I want to say is ty dr.d for everythin you done

flag | Submitted May 3, 2015

Staff is very rude and incompetent. The office manager was even rude. If this is the kind of treatment you get before you even see the doctor why would you even want to see the doctor. I left. I work in the medical field and we would get fired immediately if we treated our patients the way they do.

flag | Submitted April 7, 2015

Very Good Physician... just needs to spend a little more time answering questions from the patients ! If a person i going to have surgery... they tend to become a little nervous... just spending time with that said patient would be super !

flag | Submitted March 22, 2015

We had heard some good things about Dr. Disclafania so when my husband's back pain became unbearable; we consulted with Dr. D. My husband consented to have a laminectomy where they take out part of the backbone. The doctor assured us that 99% of the time, patients were greatly improved and without pain. After the surgery, my husband's pain is worse. When we asked Dr. D. about his pain, he said, oh, well, his back is still hurting because he has arthritis. My husband had another MRI after the surgery and Dr. Disclafani would not even look at it! I heard that Dr. D. was a welder at one time....I think he needs to go back to welding and leave people's backs alone! Never would recommend him!!!!

flag | Submitted August 11, 2014

My lower back surgery was in 1998. Dr. Disclafani put cages in L5 and assured me numerous times they would move. I showed him an x-ray of my cages and asked why the right one's at a 45 degree angle. He said that was normal and yanked the x-ray out of my hand. The cages have slipped past the bone and now are sitting on a nerve root. One wrong move and I can be paralyzed. I would NEVER recommend this doctor to anyone.

flag | Submitted July 8, 2014

Waited for a year to do this review to make sure that everything turned out alright. After one lower lumbar surgery and one cervical neck surgery I feel much better than before the surgery. I have two more surgeries needed, but I was told that I can delay them until they are absolutely necessary. Great doctor and if I had to go through it all again I wish I had found him in the beginning.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2014

Dr. Antonio Disclafani's Credentials

• University Of Texas Medical School At Houston (Grad. 1981)