Ratings for Dr. Gary C. Burget

Condescending, rude and unskilled for COSMETIC surgery. Spent half a decade trying to correct the disaster he left on my face. He gave me a terrible vibe when I first met him and I should have paid heed.. Some kind of sociopath or psychopath imo.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2015

Two words: Insulting and Arrogant. I traveled a total of ten hours in-state to see this surgeon for a consultation appointment, in sub zero weather, just to have him basically insult me and my reason for visiting him. The doctor actually asked me, when I told him that my nose had been broken twice in the past as the result of physical abuse, whether the second person had hit it from the opposite side. This, among other fairly snide comments in response to how I feel about my nose deformities, ones that he never really bothered to either assess or address at closer range before telling me that there is nothing wrong with it, and that many people are walking around with facial deformities. It makes no sense to me that if they were all left that way, and being left that way were perfectly acceptable, then these surgeons would not have business. He could not understand why I made a trek "halfway across the country" to see him (no, only across the state), and did not understand why patients sought him out as though he were some sort of wizard. Well, maybe it is because people tend to seek out help for what they have been told are more complex issues from those professionals who are rated as superior in experience and skill. In the end, I was turned down due to what he views as being a mental issue with the appearance of my nose, and he basically offered to pawn me off on other surgeons who would, in his estimation, take any repair case. He did reimburse my consultation fee, and he was a pleasure to chat with otherwise.

flag | Submitted January 9, 2015

I had Rhinoplasty with him last summer...awesome! Skliied and honest, It was a revision and he did a great job.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2011

Dr. Burget is amazing! He is kind, honest, and skilled.

flag | Submitted September 29, 2010

Best doctor I've ever had. Was amazing, very kind and informative. Made me feel very comfortable. Did amazing work.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2010

Dr. Gary C. Burget's Credentials

• Yale Univ Sch Of Med, New Haven Ct 06510 (Grad. 1967)

Updates

• A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "Condescending, rude and unskilled for COSMETIC surgery. Spent half a decade trying to correct the disaster he left on my face. He gave me a terrible vibe when I..."

September 21, 2015
  • A new 3.2-star rating has been posted. "Two words: Insulting and Arrogant. I traveled a total of ten hours in-state to see this surgeon for a consultation appointment, in sub zero weather, just to ..."

January 9, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Gary" to "Gary C."

October 20, 2013