Ratings for Dr. Kimberly K. Short

Dr. Short and her staff were kind and accommodating before surgery and for a bit afterwards. I had breast surgery which has changed my breasts from ugly to hideous! The scars are unbelievable and the pain! I am a year out from surgery and still have considerable pain! The last time I saw Dr. Short she sent me away saying “I don’t what is wrong with you”. Having this surgery with Dr. Short was one worst decisions I have made! I would not recommend her services!

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I went to see Dr Short for some light filler for my lips to even them out, and smooth the edges without creating that balloon lip look. She recommended I purchase a full tube of Juvederm Volbella. We did my upper lip, a small area under my nose, 2 small areas at the corners of my lips. It looked great! She said to even it up, I would need to purchase ANOTHER TUBE of Volbella for the bottom lip, then she added some along side the creases at the sides of bottom lip . She added the second tube of Volbella, 2 weeks AFTER the first syringe was placed in the upper lip and all swelling and bruising was gone. Photos were taken AGAIN. The upper lip, sides and under my nose all still looked good, swelling and bruising gone, edges still equal and smooth. I was told this product would last up to a year or more. So I have tube #2 placed, and again if looked fine, no problems,but now today,I am ONE MONTH POST FIRST PROCEDURE ON MY UPPER LIP, the upper lip is now deflated, lopsided, the right side edges are wrinkled and the crease under my nose she placed the Volbella is back. I called the office and talked to Melissa. She said to come in and let the Dr Short see the areas. I went in, 2 of the staff members totally agreed they could see the issues and problems, ( won't mention names because I have read what her employees say about how demanding, unfair, she is to work for). So they take PHOTOS AGAIN to compare original, my post follow -up Vobella on upper lip appt., to now photos. Then they send the staff member back in to ask me " what bothers me most? ". I said what bothers me is i paid almost $1000.00 to have my lips fixed, Dr Short said would last up to a year of more, and you would have to be blind not to see this is not holding up. She said " ok, just need to let " her" know". Now, in comes Melissa with my chart, NOT DR SHORT. SHE says," well Dr Short feels, that if you compare your ORIGINAL,PRE VOLBELLA PHOTO, to now, she sees some improvement. I said look at this lopsided lip? And the crumbled right side? Melissa says, " well, we can't ever expect our lips to be even". I said, THAT IS WHAT I PAID DR SHORT TO DO AND SHE SAID SHE COULD. Melissa says, well Dr Short says, if you want it fixed, you have to buy another tube ($475.00), of Volbella, and she'll fix it. So I say, basically, she tells me this will last a year and fix the problem of my uneven lips, and it DIDN'T, SO TOO BAD SO SAD? It's not even been one month. ( smh) I said,I've heard enough. She didn't have the decency to come in here to see the mess herself, and sent you in to do her dirty work! DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH HER. I've worked with Dr's as and around plastic surgeons over 30 years as an RN. This BEHAVJOR speaks volumes and speaks for itself.

flag | Submitted December 13, 2017

I went to Dr. Short after my best friend recommended me to her. She did a breast augmentation for me October of 2015. Everything was efficient, professional and I have zero complaints. The process was clear and properly explained. I would absolutely recommend one, this procedure and two, absolutely using Dr Short.

flag | Submitted December 2, 2015

One year ago I had breast augmentation. Dr. Short was very realistic in regards to my expectations. I knew going in that my breast were very far from perfect or nice for that matter. My breast looked like deflated balloons. I showed her pictures of breast that I liked and disliked so she had an idea of what I was looking for. She implanted silicone, under the muscle as I originally wanted and what I agreed on prior to surgery. She never swayed me from my expectations but, she assured me of her experience and what would likely benefit me the most. My results are better than my expectation, to be honest. Dr. Short is a perfectionist and that is needed when choosing a plastic surgeon. Her staff members are wonderful too. They work in the field of creating beauty and do an excellent job at it. They answer all my questions in a timely manner. I wouldn't have changed anything about my experience with the Gillian Institute. I'm planning my next visit soon. Looking forward to having superficial skin resurfacing on my face from minor hyperpigmentation and acne scars caused from my teenage years. Don't hesitate when choosing Dr. Short as your plastic surgeon or her staff for other minor procedures. I work with three other women who have used Dr. Short for their breast augmentation. They are very satisfied with her work. Not to forget my fiancé loves the results too.

flag | Submitted August 18, 2015

I had a breast enlargement and was very satisfied with her work. I haven't had any issues. Her staff was very polite. surgery was very pleasant and everything went very smoothly. I know 2 other people that had her do the same thing and they recommended her to me. I thought she did a great job. They answered all are questions the scheduled my surgery very quickly. I would defiantly recommend her to someone.

flag | Submitted July 16, 2015

I had a breast augmentation with Dr. Short. Suggested technique was not wise considering I hadn't had children, but later planned on it. My breast are now droopy. :( I had healing issues, yet she was "not available" to see in the office. I had an office nurse cut tissue and suture from under my breast twice. The morning of surgery, I was on the operating bed, hooked up to monitors, and had to get off the operating table to go for new pre-op pics cause mine had been lost. Not sure I would return. Staff seemed nice, but no personal communication with Dr. Short. Only seen her once prior to surgery, non after that. Very unsure if I would recommend.

flag | Submitted March 20, 2015

Botched up Botox treatment by Dr. Short. Refused to correct it unless I wanted to pay more money again. Including the doctor, this place appears to be very uncaring, impolite, and only out for the money. Run , and do not go.

flag | Submitted November 5, 2014

I would never go to her again after a bungled surgery with an infection.

flag | Submitted October 23, 2014

Run fast and Far!!! Do your homework and check out any Doctor who you allow to perform surgery on you.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2014

I would never recommend Dr. Short. First, she has no respect for a person's time. I waited a minimum of 2 hours and one time close to 3 hours before getting in to my appointment. I look back and can't believe I waited and didn't get up and walk out. That was my fault. However, she performed a breast lift and after the fact I had some severe puckering around the nipple and near the base of my breast. She said she would I would need implants to correct the puckering. I want to two other surgeons for second opinions and both told me the procedure was incorrect. Obviously, I had another I had another surgeon correct and I am happy with his work. Please don't ever consider Dr. Short for any work. I do know others who have been happy and others who have had disasters. It's hit or miss with her.

flag | Submitted November 11, 2013

Dr. Kimberly K. Short's Credentials

• In Univ Sch Of Med, Indianapolis In 46202 (Grad. 1990)