You may also like

Ratings for Dr. Raju Hajela

Report this man to the Alberta Health Services.!!! http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/about/patientfeedback.aspx I had the same experience as the last two people. Dr. Hajela was extremely rude, pushy and confrontational! He badgers his patience into giving answers he wants to hear and then claims your an alcoholic! The report he gave my employer was a creative work of fiction. No wonder it took him an extra 2 weeks to send the report. Thank god the company that deals with my short term disability disagreed with him and sent me to someone else. My case worker has said that's they've had numerous problems with his work! Don't let this company ruin your life by seeking out assistance for chronic pain.

flag | Submitted March 31, 2016

I visited HUM , the Calgary private practice, and was completely shocked at the language used in the first meeting. I believe that Dr.Hajela works best only when he assumes total, uncontested control over his patients. He makes accusations, is confrontational, and uses unwarranted derogatory remarks within the first 15 minutes in his office. I was there to get advice on reducing my low opiate prescription that became a nuisance, then was besieged by sling and arrows, horrible draining experience. Also, they bill you big time if you cancel an appointment . Huge cash grab. Their best patients have these criteria: money, low self esteem, brain washable , bad addiction etc. It does not make sense to be told you need a long treatment of methadone for a 40mg daily dose of opiates , all prescribed by a qualified physician for chronic pain. This man, needs a review, as does his entire practice.

flag | Submitted March 21, 2016

I was also a patient of Dr. Hajela in Kingston Ontario. I went for help and he condemned me to hardship. One of his first practice's is to get your license suspended which subsequently ensures you have to have follow ups with him. Costing money. He may of helped many but he should loose his license. That's why he is out West now because they removed his license in Ontario. And I'm happy to of been part of that crusade.

flag | Submitted February 14, 2016

I was a patient of Dr. Hajela's during the time he practiced in Kingston Ontario. The man saved my life. I had been drinking heavily for two years and taking benzodiazipines daily for at least 14 years by the time I was referred to him. Not only did this man help me wean off of these two substances, he came to my home to check on me and was available by phone if my husband or I ever needed him while I detoxed. If you're fortunate enough to become a patient, you will find your life much better after you've received treatment and counselling from Dr. Hajela. He will always hold a special place in my heart and I am so grateful for the life I have today because I listened. He is sorely missed in this area.

flag | Submitted October 15, 2015

Very late for appointment, unapologetic, adversarial conversation, no records outside of what's on his website that he actually went to Harvard School of Public Health. Very poor first impression and questionable ethics displayed by Dr. Hajela

flag | Submitted July 7, 2015

Not impressed. Save your money. The assessment is a cash grab outside the health care system. Dr. Hajala buys is self serving. Very disappointed. Had higher expectations for a so called expert.

flag | Submitted May 20, 2015

I was a patient of Dr. Hajela`s in Kingston during the mid-late 1990`s. From what I have read above he has not altered his excellent patient-care style and ethics. My partner and I had been addicted to Heroin for 17+ years, and Dr. Hajela was instrumental in creating the better life that we live today. His receptionist Tracy was an angel, and every RH`s wife "R" was involved. Our first few appt`s with him were in the basement office in his home! Calgary`s addict population is luckier than they could ever know!

flag | Submitted November 24, 2014

For a person like myself that suffers from chronic pain I find that Dr. Hajela is very judgemental and should get to know his clients a bit more before he sends an evaluation. Also of note is that he does mix up your words and calls you an addict when you are not, the reason why I am saying this is because that is what he called me. I did not appreciate it and I've dealt with people/clients who are addicts. He called me an alcoholic even though I only have a drink maybe once a month or on special occasions. If someone asked me if I would refer him I would only do it if I felt that they needed help or a professional opinion.

flag | Submitted September 5, 2013

This dr has been a life saver for me. I am a alcoholic in recovery. Tried treatment since the age of 17- and my old family dr gave up on me & basically told me she couldn't help me. The times I have seen dr H, he's been professional, kind, understanding, & considerate. Their office treats people with addiction with respect and dignity, which was hard to find. He also takes one hour to sit and talk with you, and I've never had any doctor do that. He sent me for blood work & found I had a thyroid problem & my old dr missed this, or just didn't care. I had to pay $400, for the 1st two appointments, where a psychologist, councillor, and other tests are not covered by AHC, but dr H is covered, & it was well worth it. He is the only addiction dr in Calgary & has almost 30 years of experience. He has been the best dr ever for me!

flag | Submitted December 16, 2012

Dr Hejela saved my life. I was a cronic alcoholic. Drinking more than 30oz of Vodka a day. I have been to rehab ( waste of Money ) went to AA. ( Bunch of religious sob sacks, just looking for someone to feel sorry for them). Every doctor i have seen was afraid to treat me the way i need to be treated> they all wanted to refer me to someone else or some "program". Dr Hagela gave me what i need- ANTABUS-when this drug is taken with alcohol, you will experiance severe pain similar to food posioning. You just plan connot drink while taking it. Only a handfull of doctors are educated enough to prescrib it, and Dr Hajela is one of them. The drug will only work if you take it and want to quit. Once taken you no longer have a choice you just can drink. Thanks Dr Hejela, you saved me and my family.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2010

Dr. Raju Hajela's Credentials

AHC
MSP/BC Med

Updates

• A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Report this man to the Alberta Health Services.!!! http://www.albertahealthservices.ca/about/patientfeedback.aspx I had the same experience as the last tw..."

March 31, 2016
  • A new 2.2-star rating has been posted. "I visited HUM , the Calgary private practice, and was completely shocked at the language used in the first meeting. I believe that Dr.Hajela works best only w..."

March 21, 2016
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "I was also a patient of Dr. Hajela in Kingston Ontario. I went for help and he condemned me to hardship. One of his first practice's is to get your license su..."

February 14, 2016
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Hajela's during the time he practiced in Kingston Ontario. The man saved my life. I had been drinking heavily for two years and taking..."

October 15, 2015
  • A new 1.2-star rating has been posted. "Very late for appointment, unapologetic, adversarial conversation, no records outside of what's on his website that he actually went to Harvard School of Public..."

July 7, 2015
  • Website has been updated from "None" to "http://www.healthupwardlymobile.net/". Postal Code has been updated from "T1Y0" to "T2S". Address has been updated from "None" to "320 23 Avenue Southwest". Phone Number has been updated from "None" to "14035362480".

June 3, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "Not impressed. Save your money. The assessment is a cash grab outside the health care system. Dr. Hajala buys is self serving. Very disappointed. Had higher e..."

May 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I was a patient of Dr. Hajela`s in Kingston during the mid-late 1990`s. From what I have read above he has not altered his excellent patient-care style and ethi..."

November 24, 2014