Ratings for Dr. Michael Fehlings

Dr. Fehlings gave me back my life. He gave me hope! I was not able to walk or stand and with the spinal surgery he performed, just 6 weeks ago, I see the light at the end of the tunnel clearly! I am indebted to you Dr. Fehlings! Thank you again! Argyro Pagiatakis

flag | Submitted March 25, 2019

Had spinal fusion and disc replacement 10 yrs ago. Been living in chronic pain ever since. Had major nerve pain since surgery going down my right leg. It’s an awful way to live. I’ve know 3 people who have had the same surgery with him and have all had nerve pain and back pain since also. His ego and god complex is enormous. Worst bedside manner ever. Just found out the metal is sitting too close to my s1 nerve so now I need to find another doctor to hopefully be able to fix my problem. He doesn’t really care about patients. He’s apparently very intelligent but he’s a fail for me. And if you say something is wrong after he just does care.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2018

Recently completed a complex spinal neurosurgery under the hands of Dr. Fehlings. I owe the world to you, your surgical team, your secretary and the wonderful nurses. Achieved the best possible outcome to provide me with an opportunity to live healthily and happily.

flag | Submitted September 17, 2018

Horrible service with the secretary. I've left several messages and never returns my calls.

flag | Submitted July 30, 2018

Surgery he did on my spine failed. Now I am left with as some specialists like to call it "Failed Back Surgery Syndrome". He told me that if I had this surgery it would prevent paralysis. For someone who totes about finding a cure for spinal cord injury, it doesn't seem to matter to him what happens to you after you get of the operating table.. I am in excruciating pain 24/7, and can only stand up for a few minutes before legs give out. All he cares about is getting people to agree to elective surgeries, without regard for their best interests. $$$ He should stick to research, as he has no compassion for his patients.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2018

A VERY ARROGANT AND ABUSIVE DR Suffers from the God Syndrome ruined my life excruciating pain for 25 years!! Messed up my neck for life. I went paralyzed in the arms at Dorothy Madgett Relaxation Clinic. The Staff phoned him, and he said he better get treated for his anxiety. Doesn't he have The Terets condition himself? He is a Very Mean Surgeon!!! Not a Good Dr! No Bedside Manner which is important

flag | Submitted May 31, 2018

Dr. Fehlings is a brilliant and skilled surgeon. He has operated on my mother numerous times and has relieved her from excruciating pain. I don't know where we would be without him. I am so grateful for everything he has done for her.

flag | Submitted March 8, 2018

I have had excruciating pain on and off for a few years now and requested a referral to him from my family Dr. for disc replacement. I didn't expect immediate attention , maybe two years to get in to see him. He rejected my referral siting heavy case load and could not see me in a timely manner. What kind of Dr. does that when he offers one of the only surgeries of its type in Canada??

flag | Submitted February 21, 2018

He is an exceptionally skilled surgeon. We are very fortunate to have him with us here in Toronto. I think that we all need to remember that physicians are people too-some are more shy and less comfortable with eye contact and small talk. That does not in any way mean that he is not taking your concerns seriously and listening attentively.

flag | Submitted February 5, 2018

I have never met anyone like Dr. Fehlings! He has THE WORST bedside manners of any professional I have ever met, and I have met a lot! I had to ask him if I had done something to offend him because I could not understand why he was being so rude. He has a God complex so he talks AT you, not TO you, and forget about having your questions answered. He makes you feel like you are beneath him and that you are wasting his time. Spinal surgery is a very scary thing and I needed someone who could alleviate that anxiety. I needed someone who was human and can treat me like one. Needless to say, I went with someone else.

flag | Submitted January 12, 2018