Ratings for Dr. Michael Fehlings

I had surgery just 7 days ago to remove a very rare tumour that was attached to the main artery to my brain, and to my spinal cord. It was an absolute blessing to have Dr. Fehlings remove this for me. There is no other doctor I would ever want. Absolutely, if you are looking for a friendly surgeon to hold your hand and baby you, he's not your guy- at all. If you want the best, most meticulous and knowledgeable surgeon out there, he is exactly the guy you want. He worked a miracle on me, and just a week later I'm moving, showering, doing chores and out walking. if you are having trouble getting in to see him for your initial appointment, I did too. Be persistent and just keep at it with his receptionist until you can get her to respond to book your initial consult. It will be worth it all in the end. Just don't expect a lollipop and a pat on the head during your visit.

flag | Submitted April 28, 2017

My daughter asked me to accompany her Last appt. She had some questions and so did she. He was condescending and rude. Unapproachable and did not help ease her mind on whether surgury should be done at this time. Very rude to me her mom. Did not go over last MRI results. He brought up his co-worker nervous breakdown and how he was left with his workload.Very unprofessional. My daughter just wanted reassurance that surgury at this time was right for her. He is a bully with no chair side manner as was shown to me. He left the room .she was in tears and continued upset for the remainder of the day.wecalled family Dr after am this appt and she did not receive copy of MrI. This Dr came highly recommended. Very disappointed. Please people check out reviews and dont just jump into things.

flag | Submitted March 15, 2017

My regards to Dr. Fehlings and his team. I had a cervical posterior laminectomy and fusion for C1-C7 in 2011. Prior to surgery I could barely walk, barely function. Today I hike for 3 hours up Mt. Nemo with the dog, can carry on with most activities. Thank you and regards, Suzanne Dasgupta

flag | Submitted March 1, 2017

I have surgery to remove and to fuse my spine from an Osetoblastoma approx in 2005! Dr Fehlings and his team was terrific! And today more than 10 years later, I'm lucky to be living my life as a normal 36 year old who had no complications from surgery!

flag | Submitted February 18, 2017

I know that I am very lucky to be a patient of Dr.Fehlings. He operated twice on my back( cervical. lumbar) in 2015-2017. Everything was on schedule , with his personal attention, and his professionalism. I feel myself as a new person. Thank you so much, dear Dr.Fehlings. I agree, we are lucky to have Dr.Fehlings in Canada. He is a Neurosurgeon with World level of professionalism.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2017

Did everything in his power to help our family member suffering from an inoperable brain tumour. He couldn't have been more kind, compassionate or helpful. We were blessed to have had his guidance through a horrible diagnosis and through all the tests but he took extra personal attention to help us cope. God bless you Dr. Fehlings. We're so fortunate to have you in Toronto.

flag | Submitted January 15, 2017

he helped my wife and prevented her from being paralised ,his quick action and diagnosis and surgery after a tumor on the spine , i think we are very lucky to have such a dedicated doctor in canada

flag | Submitted December 11, 2016

Never ever calls back even though the voicemail says they will call back in 24 hours. Terrible communication. Have waited over a year to get a date for surgery and still waiting.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I had an successful anterior discectomy and fusion C-4-C7. Dr. Fehlings has given me back my life. Words cannot express how grateful I am. If you have a complex cervical issue he is your only hope in Canada. I struggled for 10 years and was discounted by countless neurosurgeons, neurologists, emergency visits, etc., etc, etc..... Dr. Fehlings diagnosed me with degenerative cervical mylopathy within minutes and I was booked for surgery.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Can never get him on the phone. wait for surgery is 2+ years.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016