Ratings for Dr. Michael Fehlings

Never ever calls back even though the voicemail says they will call back in 24 hours. Terrible communication. Have waited over a year to get a date for surgery and still waiting.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2016

I had an successful anterior discectomy and fusion C-4-C7. Dr. Fehlings has given me back my life. Words cannot express how grateful I am. If you have a complex cervical issue he is your only hope in Canada. I struggled for 10 years and was discounted by countless neurosurgeons, neurologists, emergency visits, etc., etc, etc..... Dr. Fehlings diagnosed me with degenerative cervical mylopathy within minutes and I was booked for surgery.

flag | Submitted November 1, 2016

Can never get him on the phone. wait for surgery is 2+ years.

flag | Submitted October 26, 2016

Great physician. Caring, skilled, responsive, technically wonderful.

flag | Submitted December 7, 2015

I came to see Dr. Fehlings with multilevel cervical spondylosis and severe spinal cord compression. Drop foot and numbness through all my fingers. I underwent a C2 dome laminoplasty and laminectomy stabilization from C3-T1 and a L4 and L5 laminectomy. A completely new life has been given to me. I can't thank Dr. Fehlings and his professional team enough for all their hard work and dedication to the field of spinal cord research and for the excellent results of my recovery. We are very lucky as Canadians to have some of the best surgeons in the world, Thank you

flag | Submitted August 11, 2015

Sure i have been waiting since Nov to get appointment to show him my MRI my Dr keeps sending a ref 3 times now B Green

flag | Submitted May 13, 2015

I am home now recovering from ACDF at four levels.Dr. Fehlings is an outstanding surgeon. I will be forever grateful to him. My pain has gone and function has resumed. Dr. Fehlings and his team are professional and compassionate.

flag | Submitted May 7, 2015

He doesn't fix other surgeons mistakes! Shame on anyone that believes money or appearance are indicators as to if he does your surgery! Yes his confidence can be seen as arrogance. His results back up his demeanor. Always remember we need him, not the other way around.

flag | Submitted March 26, 2015

Dr Fehlings was my doctor when I fract my C2 vertebrae in 2005. He put me in a halo and I healed well. Now 10 years later I need surgery for a compressed spinal cord - Cervical Spondylotic Myleopathy. He has promised expedited surgery as my condition is very bad and I have multiple complications. I am high risk but he promised me he will help me to the best of his ability. I trust him totally and I know he will keep me from getting worse. He is brilliant and compassionate.

flag | Submitted February 19, 2015

He may be a brilliant man but he has no compassion for his patients and is very rude and arrogant man. I was referred to him by one of his colleagues. He told me he came done from the O,R, to see me, I had a schedules appointment that day confirmed by his secretary. Also he went to school for many years to become a Neurosurgeon and I was not dying yet so when I was he would treat me! Until then he would not see me on a regular basis. I have had two previous neurosurgeries by a wonderful caring man , also a brilliant man who has retired from surgery. I requested a referral from my family M.D to another Neurosurgeon and he is wonderful and follows me on a regular basis.

flag | Submitted February 1, 2015