Dr. Tara Chalmers-Nixon

Ratings for Dr. Tara Chalmers-Nixon

I am deeply saddened that Dr Chalmers Nixon has left Calgary and moved on to a better place for her family. Over the past 7 years she had been beyond helpful, friendly, kind, learned and an advocate for getting me healthy and functioning in society again. She respected my medical background and spoke with me as an equal needing help learning to be a patient. I'm grateful that while having the misfortune of starting a colitis journey, that is was with her. Best of luck to you Tara, you are missed!

flag | Submitted November 25, 2017

Who knows how knowledge. She was running one hour late for my appointment after I had been waiting over six months to see her and her office had rescheduled me 3 times already to convenience her. When I was finally taken in to see her it was by a young man who did not introduce himself. He just sat down and started asking me about my colon issues. My mind was still trying to figure out how a man could be named Tara. I asked him who he was and he said "her resident" and still did not give me his name. He explained she ran over with previous patient, had notes to do and another "short follow up patient" she wanted to see before me. When I said I preferred to wait for her, he went out and returned with her 5 minutes later. Did not ask if I minded having him sit in on what has been a very complicated and life threatening medical issue over past 3 years. She asked questions but was clearly unprepared for my appointment, was rushed and did not give me time to answer her questions, seemed dismissive and while my family doctor had made the effort to send her a substantial amount of information well ahead of time, I did not get the impression Dr. Chalmers-Nixon had carefully read that. I was sent to her because whatever is going on in my body is causing anaphylaxis and other specialists have been unable to find a cause. She was billed to me as the person who might be able to help. She is practicing outside Alberta- I saw her in Fernie, BC and travelled a distance to be there, well prepared and on time. Very disappointed and completely thrown by the way my interview with her went.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2017

I have dealt with health issues for my whole life. Most of the time my body acts in the opposite way it should. Dr. Chalmers-Nixon has been seeing me for years and even though she has not been able to figure out what is going on in my body, she had been very kind and has not given up trying. She is a dedicated physician who cares for her patients and I would recommend her to anyone.

flag | Submitted June 16, 2017

I had excellent experiences with Dr. Tara Chalmers-Nixon. I appreciate the way she talked with me in appointments and her care over my individual condition. She provided a certain kind of care that I rarely see with doctors. With other doctors, most times I feel brushed off and condescended to but she is blunt and straight forward, which I like. She no longer works at the clinic that I was going to in Calgary but while she was, her receptionist Frances was Amazing! They were a great team, sad to see her go.

flag | Submitted May 31, 2017

Thanks to Dr Tara, my health has never been better in the last 34 years. So a big shout out to her.

flag | Submitted February 7, 2017

Absolutely terrible treatment of my daughter. I think she should lose her license. Honestly my 30 year old daughter had gallbladder attacks for two years and the dr would refuse to even check her gallbladder. We had to help her get to a Vancouver specialist to get tended to properly. He told her that absolutely it was gall bladder and was astonished at how she had been treated by this dr in Calgary. So no respect at all for her

Submitted February 24, 2016

Terrible experience with a repeat colonscopy. Procedure did not go well and rather than stopping and finding out why this was a bad experince Dr Chalmers Nixon continued on. Would not recommend. Find a Dr who will be responsive and react to what is going on while your sedated

flag | Submitted April 25, 2014

Dr. Chalmers- Nixon and her receptionist are amazing!!! No words can describe how wonderfully caring and knowledgable she is. She has gone out of her way to help me. I was having trouble finding a doc who would take me on and believe me with all the complications i had. She did and Francis cares just as much. I like Dr. Chalmers-Nixon because she is honest, blunt, very smart and has one of the biggest hearts! Thank you for the tough love, always being there and getting me better. I can't say enough wonderful things about her and Francis. In my 14 yrs with crohns I have never met anyone so great. I am lucky to call her my doctor. Francis is always there to listen and truly does care :). Good docs are rare. Thanks for taking care of me. C.B

flag | Submitted March 20, 2013

Dr.Chalmers-Nixon is an amazingly caring person with a lot of knowledge! After having Specialist to Specialist pawning me off because of being too complicated over 3 years caused her to be devastated. She advice on what to do if things got bad, told me to call with questions and rushed me in for a procedure 5 days later. Wow! Her receptionist, Frances is just as amazing!

flag | Submitted May 9, 2012