Ratings for Dr. Joseph J. Zaydon

Dr. Zaydon did a biopsy on the bony part of my nose and it was Squamous Cell. He removed some tissue and said, "No need to send this to the lab. Trust me, I will get it all." He did not. Lab reports of the tissue sent to them after he closed the wound, showed not only Squamous Cell, but also intersecting with Basal Cell. He appeared to be in a hurry to get to his next patient. I drove to vanderbilt University for evaluation by Dermatologists, then to their plastic surgeon, then back to Vanderbilt for the surgery,and they excised by MOHS the same area and waited until the lab showed all clear, then I was driven downtown Nashville to their plastic surgeon and it was done properly. I wouldn't trust him again. Dr. Zaydon's staff quoted me a price of between $1500 & $2000 for surgery and completion of the area. His charges were far above that and the total charges for 3 surgeons at Vanderbilt and follow up totalled approximately half of Dr. Zaydon's charges.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2010