Ratings for Dr. A. Lee Dellon

I cannot really comment on Dr. Dellon's staff nor on the punctuality of his visits, because I have not yet met him; however, I can comment on how much he is helping me long distance. I have an extremely complicated situation from a facelift done by a surgeon in AL which has caused long term excruciating burning, stabbing bilateral ear pain. The pain, which I have been dealing with for 19 months, frequently reduces me to tears and has had a major adverse impact on me, turning me into a recluse at times. Another surgeon in AL, who did not perform my facelift, has reached out to me and has been seeking experts around the country who diagnose, manage and repair peripheral nerves. I have been to the U. of MI twice, seeking help from a surgeon there, whom I respect tremendously. Unfortunately, this surgeon was unable to identify the peripheral nerve(s) causing my pain. Following 2 unsuccessful nerve blocks in MI, I was told to contact the expert, Dr. Dellon, by e mail. Dr. Dellon has virtually trained every plastic surgeon in the country who specializes in peripheral nerve damage and repair. He is highly respected amongst his plastic surgeon colleagues and is the one whom they turn to with the most complicated situations that they cannot figure out. Dr. Dellon has been incredible with me. He and I have been corresponding by e mail for 3 weeks now, usually on a daily basis. He initally asked me for a detailed description of my problems, recommended a test by my ENT and was able to identify the cranial nerves causing my pain. These nerves are being compressed by the platysma muscles in my neck ( just below my skin) and are causing referred pain to my ears. He has done all of this through e mail communication, out of the goodness of his heart and has not charged me anything. I am potentially looking at corrective surgery, as a last resort, and Dr. Dellon is the surgeon whom I want to do this procedure. He is the expert who has trained everyone in his field!!! I have read many of his publications and he is incredible!!!!! He has given me hope that I will eventually be myself again and I cannot tell you how much that means to me and my family.

flag | Submitted July 28, 2018

I will not comment on how skilled or not he is. Just be prepared because he is extremely rude and not emphatic at all.

Submitted May 15, 2018

Dr. Dellon performed surgery on my foot 3 times, but none of them helped to relieve my pain.

Submitted February 3, 2018

He's mean, charges too much; doesn't take insurance, and doesn't cure you 100% for pne.

Submitted November 9, 2017

Dr Hagan in St louis Mo is better and cheaper!! He bills your insurance and is fair with his pricing.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Dellon has a HORRIBLE bedside manner and he's dishonest with his pricing. I have suffered from chronic nerve pain in my right heel for 25 long yrs. I travelled from Atlanta to meet Dr. Dellon. He walked into the room, shook my hand and had the audacity to say to me,"so why haven't you killed yourself yet?" I was shocked, stunned and horrified and politely told him because I have 2 amazing boys that I love and I would never do that to them! I was so upset I had to call his wife and assistant Luanne Greer into the room to console me. She told me to ignore him, he has a very bad bedside manner and he usually tells jokes to patients to break the ice. Living with chronic pain and depression go hand in hand and that was the most horrific thing he could have said to me! What if I left his office and killed myself? He should NEVER be alone with patients in a room not knowing what inappropriate, hurtful words could come flying out of his mouth. I have reported him to the medical board. In his office he quoted me $10-12k for my surgery. He had all my prior medical records and knew exactly what my case entailed. I got home and he emailed me a quote for $35k!! I was stunned! This did not include surgical fees or anasthesia. When I asked why the price tripped, I was given some nonsense about the complexity of my case?? For some reason he thought I was made of money and could just write him a check on the spot for whatever he quoted me? BIG RED FLAG!! His wife Luanne was trying to push me to have surgery the following week. Expecting me to come out of pocket almost 50k!! Beware that you have to pay out of pocket for surgery with this man, then fight like hell to get reimbursed by insurance. This is not an easy process. This is the first time I have ever written a review and I hope my horrific experience with Dr. Dellon prevents someone else from going through the mental suffering and heartache I went through. I was inconsolable for a week after returning home. He may be a brilliant doctor but his bedside manner cancels out all the good. Please be careful with this man.

Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr.Dellon is the best nerve surgeon out there. I've had 2 complicated surgeries from him in the past year and my pain is gone. Dr Dellon is caring and his knowledge and expertise is amazing. I would not of trusted any other doctor. Dr Dellon knows his stuff.

Submitted June 8, 2017

I was told by several doctors in the Houston Medical Center that I would never walk again. They told me to buy a wheel chair several times. I struggled and eventually walked but I was in terrible pain. Dr. Dellon not only relieved the pain but I became a runner again!! Running at Memorial Park in Houston, 3 miles several times per week!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

My daughter had been experiencing lower back and leg pain for a couple of years. I was losing all faith in doctors and hospitals when I was referred to Dr. Dellon by a co-worker whose family member received proper diagnosis and successful treatment under Dr. Dellon. I contacted Dr. Dellon who responded to me promptly. After a preliminary examination, the prescribed treatment was successful. Also, Luiann Dellon was extremely helpful in the assisting me with the insurance forms.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

When my parents and I finally decided to schedule an appointment with Dr.Dellon I had been through a year and a half of chronic pain in my head, neck, and back. After countless medications and treatments, I met with Dr.Dellon and within that first appointment he was able to explain a diagnosis that actually aligned with my symptoms. He described to me, in a way that I could understand, that I was suffering from a injury to my Brachial Plexus. He further explained that he could fix the problem surgically and then explained the surgery step by step. A couple months later I had the surgery and now I am living pain free! Dr.Dellon is an excellent surgeon who truly cares for the well-being of his patients and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

Medicaid / Medi-Cal