Ratings for Dr. A. Lee Dellon

Dr Hagan in St louis Mo is better and cheaper!! He bills your insurance and is fair with his pricing.

flag | Submitted September 21, 2017

Dr. Dellon has a HORRIBLE bedside manner and he's dishonest with his pricing. I have suffered from chronic nerve pain in my right heel for 25 long yrs. I travelled from Atlanta to meet Dr. Dellon. He walked into the room, shook my hand and had the audacity to say to me,"so why haven't you killed yourself yet?" I was shocked, stunned and horrified and politely told him because I have 2 amazing boys that I love and I would never do that to them! I was so upset I had to call his wife and assistant Luanne Greer into the room to console me. She told me to ignore him, he has a very bad bedside manner and he usually tells jokes to patients to break the ice. Living with chronic pain and depression go hand in hand and that was the most horrific thing he could have said to me! What if I left his office and killed myself? He should NEVER be alone with patients in a room not knowing what inappropriate, hurtful words could come flying out of his mouth. I have reported him to the medical board. In his office he quoted me $10-12k for my surgery. He had all my prior medical records and knew exactly what my case entailed. I got home and he emailed me a quote for $35k!! I was stunned! This did not include surgical fees or anasthesia. When I asked why the price tripped, I was given some nonsense about the complexity of my case?? For some reason he thought I was made of money and could just write him a check on the spot for whatever he quoted me? BIG RED FLAG!! His wife Luanne was trying to push me to have surgery the following week. Expecting me to come out of pocket almost 50k!! Beware that you have to pay out of pocket for surgery with this man, then fight like hell to get reimbursed by insurance. This is not an easy process. This is the first time I have ever written a review and I hope my horrific experience with Dr. Dellon prevents someone else from going through the mental suffering and heartache I went through. I was inconsolable for a week after returning home. He may be a brilliant doctor but his bedside manner cancels out all the good. Please be careful with this man.

Submitted August 1, 2017

Dr.Dellon is the best nerve surgeon out there. I've had 2 complicated surgeries from him in the past year and my pain is gone. Dr Dellon is caring and his knowledge and expertise is amazing. I would not of trusted any other doctor. Dr Dellon knows his stuff.

Submitted June 8, 2017

I was told by several doctors in the Houston Medical Center that I would never walk again. They told me to buy a wheel chair several times. I struggled and eventually walked but I was in terrible pain. Dr. Dellon not only relieved the pain but I became a runner again!! Running at Memorial Park in Houston, 3 miles several times per week!

flag | Submitted April 1, 2017

My daughter had been experiencing lower back and leg pain for a couple of years. I was losing all faith in doctors and hospitals when I was referred to Dr. Dellon by a co-worker whose family member received proper diagnosis and successful treatment under Dr. Dellon. I contacted Dr. Dellon who responded to me promptly. After a preliminary examination, the prescribed treatment was successful. Also, Luiann Dellon was extremely helpful in the assisting me with the insurance forms.

flag | Submitted February 15, 2017

When my parents and I finally decided to schedule an appointment with Dr.Dellon I had been through a year and a half of chronic pain in my head, neck, and back. After countless medications and treatments, I met with Dr.Dellon and within that first appointment he was able to explain a diagnosis that actually aligned with my symptoms. He described to me, in a way that I could understand, that I was suffering from a injury to my Brachial Plexus. He further explained that he could fix the problem surgically and then explained the surgery step by step. A couple months later I had the surgery and now I am living pain free! Dr.Dellon is an excellent surgeon who truly cares for the well-being of his patients and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Dellon solved acute pelvic pain that I experienced for 5 years in two relatively quick procedures at an ACC center . His attention to detail ,medical knowledge and skills are top notch . he is also very caring and compassionate person and actually visited me in the hotel the day after each surgery to follow up and make sure I was recovering and following post surgery instructions . Luiann on his staff helped make things go smoothly with insurance and scheduling and was very kind and guided us through the process . I am grateful for being helped so much by Dr. Dellon .

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Having surgery performed by Dr. A. Lee Dellon, M.D., Ph.D. was the best medical decision I ever made. Since a teenager, I suffered from the presence of a plantar fibroma in my left foot. I had the plantar fibroma surgically excised with a different doctor several years earlier, and following that surgery, I only had three years without any pain. However, the pain returned, and all subsequent MRIs showed the recurrence of the tumor. For years following the recurrence, I tried several methods of reducing the tumor and its pain short of surgery, including, physical therapy; custom orthotics; a topical compound cream; several cortisone injections and nerve block injections; prolotherapy; sclerotherapy; and radiation. I was also treated by several medications to alleviate the pain associated with the tumor, all without any relief. After having been advised by both my radiation oncologist and pain management physician that surgery remained the only option, I sought a consult with Dr. Dellon at his Maryland office. Dr. Dellon advised that surgery was immediately necessary, and waiting to perform the surgery could create an irreversible situation. With that diagnosis, Dr. Dellon and his staff, including Luiann Greer, were outstanding in assisting me navigate my insurance plan to obtain coverage for the surgery, and preparing me mentally and physically for the surgery. Dr. Dellon approached the surgery as though he was dealing with a cancerous tumor, and left no stone unturned in examining my condition and evaluating how it could impact my future. Dr. Dellon created a plan to remove the fibroma, two nerves that had become entrapped in the fibroma, and then also release the tarsal nerve. The surgery went according to plan, and the following day, Dr. Dellon even took the extraordinary step of making a “house call” to my hotel to check up on me (I had traveled to Maryland for the surgery). Dr. Dellon also created a plan for my recovery, which included walking laps in a pool several times each week, which I believe speeded up my recovery. My recovery went better than I ever expected, and by two months post-surgery, I was able to begin lap swimming, and by six months post-surgery, I was fully recovered and healthier than I had been in years, as I returned to an active lifestyle, which had been missing from my life for several years due to the pain. Dr. Dellon and his staff were easily accessible throughout the entire process, and Dr. Dellon often initiated email communications for updates on my recovery. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Dellon to anyone seeking the absolute best medical treatment available.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

After 18 months of frustration, extreme burning and pain, and what seemed like a journey of a thousand miles, I finally found Dr. Dellon. My story: Beginning in the fall of 2014 I started to experience high levels of pain in the pelvic area and had no idea of the origin or cause of the pain. Over several months, I saw a slew of specialists, underwent numerous tests, physical therapy, dry needles, nerve blocks and tried several different medications and still did not find any relief. My pain was so bad at times, I literally could not sit for more than a short period of time, if even that, and I was unable to do the physical activities I normally participated in. Eventually, it was determined that my pain was coming from damage to my pudendal nerve. In researching this injury, I learned that there are very few physicians in the U.S. who can diagnose and treat pudendal nerve conditions. Of those who can diagnose, most cannot treat beyond medication and nerve blocks. I found out about Dr. Dellon from a physician who was aware of his research in peripheral nerve compression and his development of a surgical solution to treat pudendal nerve entrapment. I contacted Dr. Dellon immediately and, based on my history, he agreed to see me. I traveled to Baltimore, MD, met with Dr. Dellon, and he confirmed my diagnosis as “Entrapment of the Pudendal Nerve”. My entire experience with Dr. Dellon and his staff was exceptional. I am located in another state approximately 500 miles away. Dr. Dellon agreed to do a consultation and surgery in the same visit timeframe, saving me from having to make two trips. Three days after my office visit, he performed surgery and the following day, I was on my way home. As a result of the surgery, I was able to sit again and resume normal activities. Four months after surgery, I traveled through Europe with no little to no discomfort. The best thing about Dr. Dellon is that he is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is accessible. He frequently e-mails me to see how I am doing post surgery and is always available to answer questions and add support. In addition, his Office Manager, Luiann, was a delight to work with and was extremely helpful in assisting me in getting my insurance claim processed from beginning through my reimbursement. I can truly say Dr.Dellon exceeded my expectations for a successful surgery. He has tackled an area that greatly needs research and focus. Women more suffer from the type of injury I suffered everyday but rarely find anyone with the knowledge and expertise to help them. Pudendal neuralgia and pudendal neuropathy remain relatively unknown, making it difficult to diagnose. I feel I was one of the lucky ones and can only hope that Dr. Dellon is able to further his studies.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I chased pain for years until I found Dr. Dellon. I tried all sorts of different nerve blocks, physical therapy, procedures, tests, etc to try to figure out what was going on with my leg and foot. I live in SF around some of the best doctors in the nation and no one could really tell me what was going on. I did research and found 3 nerve surgeons in nation and went and met with all of them. Dr. Dellon hands down is the most experienced, knowledgeable peripheral nerve surgeon out there. He immediately looked at my tests and told me what was wrong and what he would do. The surgery was a surgery HE invented. A stress fracture a couple of years earlier had led to some nerve pain which led to imbalances and wearing a boot that had caused my tibial nerve to get entrapped in my leg from exercise. Another doctor at Stanford said I needed surgery in two places - my ankle and calf. Dr. Dellon said he only wanted to do surgery in calf first because the pain in achilles could be coming from there. He would never do a surgery just to get money or cut someone open. And I only did need one surgery so I am glad I didnt have someone do two at once...Dr Dellon worked closely with my pain management doctor to make sure we were careful with my sensitive nervous system. The surgery center was wonderful, Dr. Dellon was professional, caring and thorough. The surgery was a success and what he said was entrapped in my leg was exactly correct. His wife Luiann was so helpful and gave the exact advice needed to work with the insurance company. Dr Dellon was out of network and I had to fight to get my surgery covered and Luiann was helpful every step of the way. And the fight paid off. She was also great with helping figure out scheduling and accommodations. They work as a great team. Dr. Dellon has a really great sense of humor too. My dad still mentions Dellon jokes and has the entire family giggling. I owe everything to Dr. Dellon. He allowed me to get off pain meds and live an active life again without pain. I would recommend Dr Dellon a million times over. He is the BEST.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)