You may also like

Rate Dr. A. Lee Dellon

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Ratings

I am a 22 year old female who is currently in school part time, hoping to become full time. A year after high school, I had two successful bunion surgeries, but after the completion of both surgeries, I was in agonizing pain. I had shooting pain, throbbing pain, cramps, spasms, and overall excruciating pain in my toes, feet, and legs. I had been to multiple neurologists who explained to me that through their nerve tests, they knew that there was something there but they could not figure out what. Some of these neurologists that I went to can be held in high regard, some working for John Hopkins Hospital, some in Union Memorial Hospital in Baltimore, MD. It did not matter which type of doctor I went to, none of them could find the problem. I had been a very active person before all this, in the year of 2011, (the year that I graduated from High School) I trained and ran a half marathon. Before getting the help I needed, I knew that it was an impossible feat for me to ever run again. Not only was I in excruciating pain and could not exercise, I became bound to my bed for more hours of the day than a normal person. I was on all different types of medication, because the doctors were hoping that one, if not all of them combined, would alleviate at least some of the pain. I had been going to three different pain management specialists, all of whom were highly recommended, saying that these doctors never saw a case they could not fix. I went to Doctor Dellon in the beginning of this year, (2015). I was skeptical that this visit would be like all the rest of my visits. Meeting Dr. Dellon for the first time was a shock to me. I have been to other surgeons, and most of them do not have bedside manners, but Dr. Dellon was extremely blunt and up-front with me. Upon seeing Dr. Dellon, he was clearly able to see where the problem areas were. Dr. Dellon had suspected that I was borderline diabetic, or already diabetic. He made me feel bad, and fat, but explained that he wanted me to go for testing, but he knew what the problems were regardless, and he just wanted to know the options for operating on the legs. Dr. Dellon’s wife, Luiann smoothed things over, explaining that the way Dr. Dellon thinks, is the problems that he thinks arose, need to be addressed first. While Luiann was explaining to me that Dr. Dellon did not mean what he said to insult me, Dr. Dellon was STILL in the room. He told me clearly that he wanted to get me back to my active days, with all the pain gone, and in order for him to operate correctly, I needed to have the glucose, and blood work done. I took the tests, and thank G-D everything came back okay, Dr. Dellon then planned a day that would work for us to operate on my leg. He said that he found on each leg four different spots where the nerves were compressed because the muscles were dying and compressing the nerves in the process. Dr. Dellon was extremely helpful, he gave me his email address and cell phone number, and told me to call or email at any time with any questions or concerns, no matter the time of day or night. Dr. Dellon also explained to me that this surgery did not have a 100% guarantee, but he would do everything in his power to help me if the surgery was unsuccessful, as well as help me re-cooperate. Dr. Dellon gives clear and concise instructions, he wants you to be able to move around right after the surgery, but to an extent. After surgery, Dr. Dellon and Luiann called the day of surgery, seeing how I was doing, and they gave both their numbers telling me to call at any point, even 3 am with any questions or concerns. Dr. Dellon and his wife continued to call me for the next week, checking in and really wanting to know how I was doing.Without Dr. Dellon, I would not be re-cooperating on one foot, and scheduled for surgery on the other. I would recommend Dr. Dellon in a heartbeat to anyone who goes to multiple doctors of all types and not get a proper diagnosis. Even though it may seem that Dr. Dellon is very blunt and straight-forward, I have never met another doctor, let alone surgeon in all of my 22 years that has cared this much about his patients .Dr. Dellon has a different way of going about things, however he is the ONLY doctor and surgeon I know that will do whatever it takes to help his patients feel betterWithout Dr. Dellon's knowledge and skill, I do not know where I would be today, and this is coming from someone who is 12 weeks out of surgery. Dr. Dellon really knows his stuff, and has a big genuine heart, he loves helping people, you just have to give him the opportunity and the chance. Dr. Dellon, I owe my life to you. Please keep doing what you are doing.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2912437].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

I have had 3 pelvic nerve surgeries by Dr. Dellon, the first in July 2014, the second in January 2015 and the third in March 2015. I had a somewhat botched bladder surgery at Stanford University in 1990 in which a large amount of mesh was put inside my pelvic area without my knowledge and it was not on the operative report. From the date in 1990 on I was facing devastating pain and was going to have to quit my job and had no idea how we were going to make it. I found a doctor at UCLA in 1994 that cut a nerve feeding the pelvic area which dramatically lessened the pain I was in and I was able to live a pretty normal life with less pain until 2007 when apparently the nerve grew back together. I still didn't know I had mesh inside of me. I started to going to doctor after doctor and had a back surgery and various other surgeries from many doctors to try to reduce the pelvic nerve pain, but to no avail and I was unable to do anything at all. I laid in my recliner or bed most of the time or stood in front of my computer for something to do that didn't cause terrible pain. After many more doctors I was referred to Dr. Dellon by at doctor from Univ. of Ca. I contacted Dr. Dellon and after seeing him in Henderson, Nevada he did the first surgery in which he found the mesh and literally took it out. I had a neuroma that Dr. Dellon fixed in Jan. 2015 (the neuroma had been there for years and no one would touch it). Dr. Dellon did a third surgery to get rid of the innervation in several other pelvic nerves. I am not completely out of pain, however, I am much better than since the surgery in 1990. In fact, if it wasn't for Dr. Dellon I would face totally disability for the rest of my life. Thank God for Dr. Dellon and yes he does surgeries that you can't get done any where else, because if any insurance company can say it's experimental and they seem to say whatever they want, then the insurance companies won't pay for any surgery. I had to pay Dr. Dellon myself, but as much as it was, it was not even close to the amount a regular medical center would charge and gain nothing. Dr. Dellon was able to make me feel so much better than I can actually enjoy life and do much, much more than I could do before the surgery. Dr. Dellon is a lifesaver to me and I would give him stars to the moon and back if I could. Thank you Dr. Dellon so very much. Connie Morris

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911819].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 2, 2015

I had surgery with Dr. Dellon in late July of 2015. I had suffered from Tension Headaches/Occipital Neuralgia since 1992. I had seen every specialist in my area (boston) and had two previous surgeries one in and one out of state. Dr. Dellon was first to discover that my occipital nerves were extremely enlarged and riddled with neuromas. Dr. Dellon was extremely accessible by email throughout the entire process Pre adn Post surgery. Dr. Dellon was able cure what many doctors thought was incurable. My family and I owe both Dr. Dellon and his staff far more a lifetime of gratitude.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2911430].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

I would give Dr. Dellon all of the stars in the sky if I could. Before seeing Dr. Dellon, I had gotten three other opinions from three other very prestigious doctors who all told me that what I was experiencing was most likely CRPS because I was involved in a catastrophic accident a year prior that left me with seven broken bones in my face, 2 at my spine, and 2 more in one of my legs. All of these doctors apologized and told me that not only did I need to get used to being in a wheelchair because of the burning pain in my feet, but that I should also start taking pain medication that they would be very happy to prescribe to me and that I would most likely need to be on them for the rest of my life. After they apologized they shut the door and went to see their next patient. I contacted Dr. Dellon over the internet on a Sunday night and he wrote me back the next morning. I was able to fly out from California and see him in his Vegas office that Tuesday. I was greeted by Luiann, his wife, upon arriving and she made me feel very welcomed. I was so nervous that day and had written down bullet points of what I wanted to tell him because I wanted to make sure that he knew everything that had gone on in the past year after my accident (all 15 to 20 surgeries). I knew from past experiences with other doctors that he probably only had a few minutes to see me. I was wrong though. Dr. Dellon made me feel so comfortable and I never felt rushed. In fact, his evaluation must have lasted at least an hour. After telling him about that last year of my life, all of my surgeries, and about the pain that had started off as nothing but rapidly progressed into excruciating burning pain at both of my feet when I stand/walk, he told me that it sounded like the accident that I was involved in over a year ago may have also crushed several nerves in both of my legs. After operating on me, he sent me several pictures along with captions displaying that my nerves were crushed and dying and essentially paralyzing me. After operating on me, he himself, called me that evening to see how I was doing and talked me thru what he had seen while operating on me. I was also impressed that he and his wife took the time to come and see me the next morning at the hotel that they had recommended I stay at after getting the surgery done. Dr. Dellon also responded to my questions promptly thru email after returning to California. I know that had I not found Dr. Dellon on the internet that Sunday afternoon I would not be walking today.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910896].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

Dr. Lee Dellon changed my life. After unsuccessful knee replacement surgery, I was in constant pain for many years. I consulted with many doctors to try resolve the problem, but no one could help me.

It was only after consulting with Dr. Dellon that I realized that there was hope for a cure. Dr. Dellon was the only physician who took the time to fully explain to me the cause of the problem and how he would fix it.

I scheduled an appointment for outpatient surgery, and the surgery was a complete success. During the week following the surgery, Dr. Dellon called me every evening to see how I was doing. I could not have asked for a more caring and concerned physician.

It was also a pleasure to deal with Dr. Dellon’s office staff. They always acted in a very pleasant and professional manner.

I would not hesitate to recommend Dr. Dellon to anyone.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2910672].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Sept. 1, 2015

Our daughter had been suffering with undiagnosed pain in both legs. She had successful bunion surgery in both feet, but the surgeon told us that he could fix her bunions but would not be addressing the undiagnosed pain in her legs. We took her to numerous orthopedists, neurologists, and pain management doctors, all with no success. No one knew exactly what was wrong with her, some doctors said there was nothing wrong with her, but I know my daughter very well, and could see that she was suffering.

Previous to this, in 2005, we took a different daughter to Dr. Dellon. She had fallen on her hand in high school. We went to hand specialists and orthopedists who could not figure out what the problem was. Some of them said that it was just a bid for attention. But again, knowing my daughter well, I knew the last thing she wanted was more attention, and that she has a very high threshold for pain, so if she was still complaining about her hand, something was wrong. One of the orthopedists that we took her to recommended Dr. Dellon. He said he is somewhat unconventional, but achieves great success. We took our daughter to him, and in very short order he diagnosed what the problem was, and said that he could fix it for her surgically. Dr. Dellon is not a warm and mushy person, but he is well balanced by Luiann, his wife, who works with him. We don’t care about a surgeon’s personality (as long as he’s not rude), we care about his skill. But Dr. Dellon is lucky that Luiann works with him, as she will spend all the time you need helping you with billing or anything else that you need. Dr. Dellon successfully fixed our daughter’s hand, and today she works as a Physical Therapist. Oftimes, she has to work with patients weighing over 300 lbs. Were it not for the successful surgery performed by Dr. Dellon, she couldn’t have gone into this field, even though she always knew she wanted to be a PT.

Thinking back to the incident with the older daughter, we made an appointment with Dr. Dellon for our younger daughter. Dr. Dellon’s office said that even though she already had nerve tests, Dr. Dellon’s office would perform their own tests. Our daughter was dreading this, as nerve testing is very painful. But Dr. Dellon developed his own equipment for nerve testing, and it is virtually pain-free. After the test, he manually examined her legs, and found the “hot-spots” right away. She had nerves that were dying because the muscles surrounding them were choking them. Dr. Dellon went in and found 4 places that needed nerve decompression. Two days later, when we went back to Dr. Dellon, upon manual examination our daughter could feel places that before she could not. There is an approximate 6-12 week recovery, so we scheduled the surgery for the other leg right before mid-winter break in college, so she won’t miss any schooling.

Dr. Dellon does not accept medical insurance. The cost for each leg is $24K. When we told the Dr. that we couldn’t afford that amount, he lowered his price for us. He seems more concerned about helping people then “raking it in.” Luiann is helping us to submit the bills to our insurance to see if we can get anything back. If we do, it goes to Dr. Dellon, if we don’t, he said not to worry about it. So for all the talk that goes around about him being gruff and not easy to talk to, I beg to differ – he went out of his way to help us. Additionally, after the surgery, he is very available for progress check-ups.

I highly recommend Dr. Dellon to anyone whose problem is not easily correctable. He takes the tough cases, diagnoses them and corrects them. Thank G-d that he was recommended to us, or we would have one daughter with a malfunctioning arm, and one daughter with excruciating pains in her legs.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2910453].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

I was referred to Dr Dellon by my local doctor. My doctor has trained under Dr. Dellon but felt he could not do the surgery himself because of the severity of my situation. We traveled to Henderson to meet with him. He spent close to 2 hrs with us discussing what needed to be done to help relive the pain and numbness and tingling in my feet. Since the left foot was in the most pain we scheduled to have that foot done first. It meant having the expense of returning
to Henderon for the surgery but it was worth it. I had feeling back in my toes the evening after surgery. I am two months out from the surgery and continue to improve. Back to bike riding, walking and yard work. You have to take chances in life sometimes in hopes of being able to regain some of the activities you have had to give up. Dr. Dellon is a genius. Does he have an ego? Yes. But he knows what he is doing no he does it to perfection. I highly recommend him. Be prepared for an insurance fight. We are still in the middle of it but optimistic for a good outcome.

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909955].votes_count ]]

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909863].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

I will never forget the day we found Dr. Dellon! I had been suffering from complications of a bunion surgery that I had in 2007 and had developed RSD and CRPS. After being prescribed everything under the sun to help with the horrible pain......physical therapy, neurotin, gabapentin, lyrica, fentanyl patch, a pain implant, holistic, acupuncture over the course of a couple of years. I had to take early retirement because the pain was so debilitating. My orthopedic surgeon (who, by the way had not performed the bunionectomy) was great, but there came the day when he said there was nothing more he could do for me and suggested I think about amputation. That was very hard to hear and it only made my anxiety and depression worse. The next five years were extremely difficult. I had always been very outgoing and active. I felt like an empty shell of the person I once was. I was also confined to my home due to the pain and limited mobility. The pain in my leg and foot was so bad that I could not wear socks, shoes, jeans, etc. I could not even let a sheet touch my leg! It was so sensitive that even air on it caused discomfort. Thank God for my husband and my family and their patience and understanding. My husband was actually the one who found Dr. Dellon's website in the winter of 2013. Instead of calling him, a local orthopedic surgeon referred us to the Mayo Clinic in Rochester MN. After several months of trying to be seen there, Mayos turned me down because "I did not meet their criteria." So as I said at the beginning, I will never forget the day I called Dr. Dellon's office in Baltimore and Luiann answered. She listened to my story and she said, "Dr. Dellon can help you." I literally fell to the floor and wept with tears of joy and happiness and thankfulness! Luiann was so kind and warm and understanding as well as very helpful in the time leading up to my first surgery, which Dr. Dellon performed in Henderson Nevada. He has two offices, one in Baltimore and Nevada, which makes it easier for his patients. Dr. Dellon successfully operated on my paroneal nerve and removed a neuroma from my saphenous nerve. I can touch my leg now and sleep under the covers! I would have never dreamed that It would be possible after almost 8 years!!! I never considered amputation because I believed our prayers would be answered. I also believe that's why things didn't work out with Mayos. I am so grateful for Dr. Dellon and Luiann and his staff. I have never experienced a more dedicated and caring professional. His knowledge and level of expertise in the field of neuropathy is second nature. I have never had a doctor personally answer my calls or emails. No matter what time of the day or night! That is unheard of these days! Thank you Dr. Dellon for changing my life and giving me hope again! Thank you for what you do each and every day for your patients and for truly caring! Blessings to you and Luiann!

Was this rating useful? 0 [[ userState['ratings'][2909850].votes_count ]]

flag | Submitted Aug. 31, 2015

If I could rate him with negative stars I would. This man performed a tarsal tunnel surgery that I never should have had and failed to do any evaluation of my underlying generalized neuropathy. I sued him in court and the jury found that he violated the standard of care. This doctor needs to be stopped before he hurts other people. His pssd testing and surgical procedures are not generally accepted by the medical community and in fact his surgical decompression surgery has been banned from being performed at Johns Hopkins Hospital.

Was this rating useful? 1 [[ userState['ratings'][2876981].votes_count ]]