Ratings for Dr. A. Lee Dellon

When my parents and I finally decided to schedule an appointment with Dr.Dellon I had been through a year and a half of chronic pain in my head, neck, and back. After countless medications and treatments, I met with Dr.Dellon and within that first appointment he was able to explain a diagnosis that actually aligned with my symptoms. He described to me, in a way that I could understand, that I was suffering from a injury to my Brachial Plexus. He further explained that he could fix the problem surgically and then explained the surgery step by step. A couple months later I had the surgery and now I am living pain free! Dr.Dellon is an excellent surgeon who truly cares for the well-being of his patients and I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted January 10, 2017

Dr Dellon solved acute pelvic pain that I experienced for 5 years in two relatively quick procedures at an ACC center . His attention to detail ,medical knowledge and skills are top notch . he is also very caring and compassionate person and actually visited me in the hotel the day after each surgery to follow up and make sure I was recovering and following post surgery instructions . Luiann on his staff helped make things go smoothly with insurance and scheduling and was very kind and guided us through the process . I am grateful for being helped so much by Dr. Dellon .

flag | Submitted January 3, 2017

Having surgery performed by Dr. A. Lee Dellon, M.D., Ph.D. was the best medical decision I ever made. Since a teenager, I suffered from the presence of a plantar fibroma in my left foot. I had the plantar fibroma surgically excised with a different doctor several years earlier, and following that surgery, I only had three years without any pain. However, the pain returned, and all subsequent MRIs showed the recurrence of the tumor. For years following the recurrence, I tried several methods of reducing the tumor and its pain short of surgery, including, physical therapy; custom orthotics; a topical compound cream; several cortisone injections and nerve block injections; prolotherapy; sclerotherapy; and radiation. I was also treated by several medications to alleviate the pain associated with the tumor, all without any relief. After having been advised by both my radiation oncologist and pain management physician that surgery remained the only option, I sought a consult with Dr. Dellon at his Maryland office. Dr. Dellon advised that surgery was immediately necessary, and waiting to perform the surgery could create an irreversible situation. With that diagnosis, Dr. Dellon and his staff, including Luiann Greer, were outstanding in assisting me navigate my insurance plan to obtain coverage for the surgery, and preparing me mentally and physically for the surgery. Dr. Dellon approached the surgery as though he was dealing with a cancerous tumor, and left no stone unturned in examining my condition and evaluating how it could impact my future. Dr. Dellon created a plan to remove the fibroma, two nerves that had become entrapped in the fibroma, and then also release the tarsal nerve. The surgery went according to plan, and the following day, Dr. Dellon even took the extraordinary step of making a “house call” to my hotel to check up on me (I had traveled to Maryland for the surgery). Dr. Dellon also created a plan for my recovery, which included walking laps in a pool several times each week, which I believe speeded up my recovery. My recovery went better than I ever expected, and by two months post-surgery, I was able to begin lap swimming, and by six months post-surgery, I was fully recovered and healthier than I had been in years, as I returned to an active lifestyle, which had been missing from my life for several years due to the pain. Dr. Dellon and his staff were easily accessible throughout the entire process, and Dr. Dellon often initiated email communications for updates on my recovery. I wholeheartedly recommend Dr. Dellon to anyone seeking the absolute best medical treatment available.

flag | Submitted December 27, 2016

After 18 months of frustration, extreme burning and pain, and what seemed like a journey of a thousand miles, I finally found Dr. Dellon. My story: Beginning in the fall of 2014 I started to experience high levels of pain in the pelvic area and had no idea of the origin or cause of the pain. Over several months, I saw a slew of specialists, underwent numerous tests, physical therapy, dry needles, nerve blocks and tried several different medications and still did not find any relief. My pain was so bad at times, I literally could not sit for more than a short period of time, if even that, and I was unable to do the physical activities I normally participated in. Eventually, it was determined that my pain was coming from damage to my pudendal nerve. In researching this injury, I learned that there are very few physicians in the U.S. who can diagnose and treat pudendal nerve conditions. Of those who can diagnose, most cannot treat beyond medication and nerve blocks. I found out about Dr. Dellon from a physician who was aware of his research in peripheral nerve compression and his development of a surgical solution to treat pudendal nerve entrapment. I contacted Dr. Dellon immediately and, based on my history, he agreed to see me. I traveled to Baltimore, MD, met with Dr. Dellon, and he confirmed my diagnosis as “Entrapment of the Pudendal Nerve”. My entire experience with Dr. Dellon and his staff was exceptional. I am located in another state approximately 500 miles away. Dr. Dellon agreed to do a consultation and surgery in the same visit timeframe, saving me from having to make two trips. Three days after my office visit, he performed surgery and the following day, I was on my way home. As a result of the surgery, I was able to sit again and resume normal activities. Four months after surgery, I traveled through Europe with no little to no discomfort. The best thing about Dr. Dellon is that he is not only an excellent surgeon, but he is accessible. He frequently e-mails me to see how I am doing post surgery and is always available to answer questions and add support. In addition, his Office Manager, Luiann, was a delight to work with and was extremely helpful in assisting me in getting my insurance claim processed from beginning through my reimbursement. I can truly say Dr.Dellon exceeded my expectations for a successful surgery. He has tackled an area that greatly needs research and focus. Women more suffer from the type of injury I suffered everyday but rarely find anyone with the knowledge and expertise to help them. Pudendal neuralgia and pudendal neuropathy remain relatively unknown, making it difficult to diagnose. I feel I was one of the lucky ones and can only hope that Dr. Dellon is able to further his studies.

flag | Submitted December 24, 2016

I chased pain for years until I found Dr. Dellon. I tried all sorts of different nerve blocks, physical therapy, procedures, tests, etc to try to figure out what was going on with my leg and foot. I live in SF around some of the best doctors in the nation and no one could really tell me what was going on. I did research and found 3 nerve surgeons in nation and went and met with all of them. Dr. Dellon hands down is the most experienced, knowledgeable peripheral nerve surgeon out there. He immediately looked at my tests and told me what was wrong and what he would do. The surgery was a surgery HE invented. A stress fracture a couple of years earlier had led to some nerve pain which led to imbalances and wearing a boot that had caused my tibial nerve to get entrapped in my leg from exercise. Another doctor at Stanford said I needed surgery in two places - my ankle and calf. Dr. Dellon said he only wanted to do surgery in calf first because the pain in achilles could be coming from there. He would never do a surgery just to get money or cut someone open. And I only did need one surgery so I am glad I didnt have someone do two at once...Dr Dellon worked closely with my pain management doctor to make sure we were careful with my sensitive nervous system. The surgery center was wonderful, Dr. Dellon was professional, caring and thorough. The surgery was a success and what he said was entrapped in my leg was exactly correct. His wife Luiann was so helpful and gave the exact advice needed to work with the insurance company. Dr Dellon was out of network and I had to fight to get my surgery covered and Luiann was helpful every step of the way. And the fight paid off. She was also great with helping figure out scheduling and accommodations. They work as a great team. Dr. Dellon has a really great sense of humor too. My dad still mentions Dellon jokes and has the entire family giggling. I owe everything to Dr. Dellon. He allowed me to get off pain meds and live an active life again without pain. I would recommend Dr Dellon a million times over. He is the BEST.

flag | Submitted December 19, 2016

I've been working with Dr. Dellon for over a year and he truly has been a savior. After visiting multiple doctors who didn't know how to treat my injury (upper extremity axillary nerve and ulnar nerve), I was finally recommended to see Dr. Dellon. He immediately recognized my injuries and was thorough in his exam. Luiann has also been incredible. She's worked tirelessly to help me with my insurance challenges (workman's comp) and more importantly, comforted me when I felt helpless. I don't live in either state his offices are in, but I traveled to see him because my initial email conversations with him showed he knew how to help me. I'm still recovering from my last operation, but he's still in contact with me and involved with my case. He receives updates from the doctor who treats me locally and offers treatment recommendations if need be. I can't thank Dr. Dellon, Luiann, and the rest of the staff at the Dellon Institute!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

Wonderful doctor, would highly recommend! Saved my life!

flag | Submitted December 18, 2016

he is myopic and focused on only peripheral nerves. He will operate on anyone, anytime. I am doctor.... I would stay away.

flag | Submitted December 14, 2016

I found Dr. Dellon and his wife Luiann to be wonderful. I suffered from a bad nerve in my face for 15 years. I underwent numerous surgeries to no avail. Dr. Dellon solved my problem and I got my life back. His fees, while not cheap, are middle of the road. He is a compassionate and a decent human being. He gave me all he documentation I needed to file a successful insurance claim.

flag | Submitted January 28, 2016

My Mom is a patient of Dr. Dellon's. At times I have been the liaison for them. Each time I've e-mailed Dr. Dellon about my mom's recovery he has replied within 24 hours. Each time I've phoned into his office I was immediately connected to his staff. Dr. Dellon and his staff were very helpful, concerned, patient and knowledgeable with all aspects of the issues, including diagnosis, medical benefits and procedures. Dr. Dellon and his staff went above and beyond to help my mom through all the steps to ensure a positive outcome. It has been about six weeks post-op and Dr. Dellon and I continue to communicate about my mom's recovery. I would highly recommend Dr. Dellon!

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. A. Lee Dellon's Credentials

• Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1970)

AHC