Ratings for Dr. Rick J. Smith

Worst experience ever! Doctor gave me surgery HE thought I needed NOT what I asked for! Then refused to fix the problem. I would NOT recommend!!!!

flag | Submitted May 4, 2015

Around 5 years ago I had a pea sized cyst in the corner of my eye lid. Dr. Smith did a wonderful job, and I was even able to go to school the following day. I followed his and his nurse's directions to avoid infection and two weeks later I was impressed by the quick healing result (there was a faint pink line.) Today, I only notice the the tiny scar while putting on makeup. I take comfort that it is invisible to anyone else. About a year ago I went back to Dr. Smith to have a very small amount of liposuction under my chin. He was actually able to perform this surgery without any use of anesthesia. He numbed the area along with pain medication and I was fairly comfortable, what with the task at hand. I used a head strap as much as I could the next month and I continued using it during sleep. my scar is not raised from the skin and its tiny. I had a great experience at Dr. Smith's office, and I will be going back. Dr. Smith is he most qualified and renowned plastic surgeon in the area.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2013

Five months ago I had eye surgery to remove some puffiness under my eyes. The surgery turned into a never-ending nightmare. I ended up going back to him for a second surgery to "correct" his mistake and still ended up with permanent and noticeable scars that I can barely conceal (even with heavy makeup). The white parts on the outer sides of my pupil are now only half-visible which makes them look abnormal. I also have to live with a bump under my left eye (looks like a mole) and a hole above the same eye (that no amount of makeup can hide). He may be qualified with other work, but he is definitely, in our opinion, not qualified to perform eye surgery. We fear him and are concerned for the other people who are considering getting their eyes operated on by him. I refuse to go back to see him;it seems like each time he attempts to "correct" something, I only end up with more scars and worsening vision as a result of it. Worst of all, after all this, the puffiness is still there..

flag | Submitted June 10, 2012

I came to him for cleft lip reconstruction as an adult since my original doctor moved to Wake Forest. Dr. Rick did nose surgery also claiming that it would help improve my breathing. Now, I am allergic to almost every airborne allergy; I have chronic rhinitis, and I had previously almost died because of it on 3 occasions (twice in 2005 and once in 2008). I used to be a semi-professional runner in excellent health, but after the surgery I started having health problems, most noteably the following winter from indoor air dryness. Now I am living chronically in very poor health. I definitely do not recommend him.

flag | Submitted February 13, 2012

Very nice doctor and very knowledgeable. Staff was helpful also. Their new office was very confortable.

flag | Submitted April 18, 2011

Very rude and unprofessional. Had a BA and was not happy with results. At 6 weeks I bottomed out and had a lot of pain, was blown off Dr. Smith. All he had to say was that I needed to give it time and that my results were perfect. When he refused to do a revision I found a doc that specialized in revisions and traveled to another state to see him. He confirmed that I had bottomed out and that the pockets were made too large. I went back to Dr. Smith for a consult for round 2 of laser resurfacing and when I told him I had a breast revision he flipped out. Told me I was crazy and needed therapy. Told me that he refused to do my laser resurfacing which was already scheduled and paid for. He was VERY unprofessional and insulting to my husband and me. I worked for this doc and he treated me this way...unbelievable. Before he left the room he again told me I needed therapy and then slammed the door. What gives anyone the right to treat a person that way?? Don't go to him!!!

flag | Submitted September 6, 2010

flag | Submitted February 19, 2010

Dr. Smith is so arrogant. He thinks nothing of you the patient. You are there to pay his bills. He takes no time with you at all. There is no way I would have surgery done by him.

flag | Submitted April 23, 2009

I had rhinoplasty performed by Dr. Rick Smith. A piece of cartilage was left at the bridge of my nose, erroneously. It was visible, so I requested that it be taken care of. Right in the office, during my visit, he sliced open the skin at the bridge of my nose and removed the cartilage, which was painful and left a scar. And they made me pay an additional cost to correct this mistake. It makes me wonder, why wouldn't they want to screw up the initial procedure, then? They get more money that way!

flag | Submitted March 5, 2009

Dr. Rick J. Smith's Credentials

• Michigan State University College Of Human Medicine (Grad. 1987)

Top Urgent Care Centers in East Lansing, MI