Ratings for Dr. Charles D. Ettelson

Brease augmentatio was done on me and my 36 year old Daughter to this day I am pleased with my results. Dr. Ettelson addressed concerns regarding any issues and readily resolved them. My Daughter wanted her breast exceptionally and while he did not agree they reached a compromised; she is extremely top heavy without being freaky in appearance. I would recommend him to anyone. My first experience was when he repaired torn earlobes, they are perfect also). He came in on saturday to follow-up, gave access via his personal cell phone for any concerns or post op emergencies. I am a healthcare professional with a Masters Degree, he is exceptional as a surgeon, and bedside manner.

flag | Submitted December 22, 2014

Very dedicated, caring physician. Made himself available on weekends and evenings if needed. Always willing to spend time answering questions.

flag | Submitted April 4, 2013

I was pt 5 years ago for reduction, still unhappy. Results were HIS choice not mine. I was very specific and consistent in what I wanted; he said that was fine every time. After surgery, and to this day, my results are 2 sizes larger that I wanted. When asked about it he said "well, when you loose weight they'll get smaller" He had conveniently forgot the high cardio hobby I had been doing for 18hrs a week for the past two years, without having lost a single inch or pound, let alone chest size. Besides, I could have said that I don't loose chest anyway; decade earlier I inexplicably lost 30lbs, but none of it in chest area. How dare he decide what my permanent results would be, and who said he could decide for me that I needed to find some additional way to change my body! I only had one shot at getting insurance to pay for it (no one's going to pay for a 2nd surgery!) And he took that away from me! I still dream about punching him inthe face!

flag | Submitted February 20, 2013

Dr Ettelson judged me the minute he walled in the room. he did not ask me my expectations about the surgery, my medical history etc. I feel he was looking for am excuse not to operate on me because I am not a size 8 already. I am overweight, but have NO co-morbid problems (high bp, diabetes etc). I work out with a trainer 2x a week and have dropped 35+ pounds in the last few months. He asked me what my weight was before kids and I told him. He said "oh so you have always carried extra weight?" I was so startled by thr fact that he thought 160lbs was "extra" that I didnt even mention that being on Lupron injections for Endometreosis did not help in the weight area.Before I was on Lupron, I weighed 125. Well under normal BMI for my height. He also flat out told me that he wouldn't look at anyone for a tummy tuck until they were 160# or less. I wasn't in there for a tummy tuck.

flag | Submitted January 17, 2013

Dr. Ettelson did my breast reduction. I am very happy with it. I had issue w/ a suture that needed to be removed because it had become visable years afte procedure. I stopped by office to see him because I was concerned but figured that it was something he could remove quickly w/out much effort or trouble. He told receptionist he didn't want to see or help me w/ it. I was shocked, I left his office totally bewildered by his actions. Needless to say suture ended up coming out by itself. I will never go to him again. Plenty of great plastic surgeons in St. Louis .

flag | Submitted October 5, 2012

Dr. Ettelson performed a breast reduction that turned into a bilateral mastectomy. I have loped sided breast, my nipple is on top of my chest and I have developed {3} abscess's from sutures he used that are STILL Embedded in my breast that I have been to the emergency room for. I've ASKED him to pay for another surgeon to do the {2} surgeries I need to correct his error, he will not stand up and be accountable for his wrong doing. I was a 46{f}cup, with weight loss I'm a 44, but by him removing TOO much of my breast tissue, I don't have a cup size. He is "Chief Of Plastic Surgery @ St. Lukes Hospital. Please remember because a doctor holds a title "Chief" do not make him the BEST. He's not worthy of even being called doctor. He can't answer why I'm having these sutures come through my skin after 3 years. The emergency doctor asked ME why didn't he use the type of sutures that dissolve, I couldn't answer the question, I told him he needs to ask him ? I'm not the surgeon. BEWARE !

flag | Submitted January 4, 2011

Dr. Charles D. Ettelson's Credentials

• Washington University School Of Medicine (Grad. 1978)