Ratings for Dr. Gerald Truesdale

Very professional and clean environment, I felt very comfortable at every visit.

flag | Submitted May 22, 2017

Quite professional and fast, got me in and out. Dr. Truesdale is highly experienced and patience with you.

flag | Submitted May 19, 2017

Warm friendly staff. Wait time was less than 15 mins...Dr Truesdale was very down to earth and friendly and made me very comfortable. Very good experience overall and would HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM.

flag | Submitted May 17, 2017

Dr. Truesdale is a wonderful doctor. He takes the time to listen and he spends time talking about life in general.

flag | Submitted May 15, 2017

The doctor was very personable, yet extremely professional! I was a bit apprehensive about the appointment, but when he said, ' you must be a bit nervous today, so we are going to cover all the steps today for you,' I exhaled comfortably. I am now looking forward to my procedure.

flag | Submitted May 13, 2017

Dr. Truesdale happened to be very professional, informative, and honest with me. I have not had any success in the past getting help clearing up my skin imperfections from my car accident that has continued to haunt me with shards of glass resurfacing from my skin on a daily basis for the past 2 and a half years. I am pleased with our treatment plan and look forward to a new and improved countenance!

flag | Submitted May 12, 2017

Dr.Truesdale had done an awesome job on my male breast reduction. Scares healed properly with no issues. I LISTENED to all of his after care instructions and found myself healing faster than needed. To look at my surgical area one can not see that I had any surgery. I did my research regarding other Doctors including Dr Truesdale's and with his many years experience and reference from many other of past patients is the reason I choose his expertise as a surgeon. I would refer his office and him to any other seeking a doctor with awesome bedside manner, knowledge, and years of skills.

flag | Submitted September 14, 2016

Botched breast reduction which i now have to live with for the rest of my life. I cry every single day..i lost both nipples and most of my breast tissue

Submitted May 25, 2016

Dr. Gerald Truesdale

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's response
I appreciate all feedback - even when not so flattering - as it provides an opportunity to understand and address any legitimate patient concerns. That said, on occasion, I am faced with reports that distort or misrepresent the provided care and achieved results. In such circumstances I am glad to provide some general information to correct any misconceptions. It is important to point out that the best surgical outcomes are achieved when patients are fully involved in the treatment process and follow all surgeon recommendations for pre- and post-op care. For example, patients who have a smoking habit are strongly encouraged to quit prior to undergoing surgery. Such patients are informed of the serious risks and complications that nicotine addiction causes during recovery. Specifically, nicotine acts to constrict blood vessels. This can be detrimental in the post-surgical healing process, as the treatment area may not receive enough blood supply for sufficient healing. Patients who choose to ignore the surgeon's instructions and recommendations risk the development of avoidable complications. Regardless, the well-being of our patients is my ultimate priority. As such, regardless of circumstances, I remain available to my patients to resolve any perceived concerns.

Submitted June 8, 2016

I went to Dr. T many years ago (I was 4) and I had an awful injury to my head. He did a phenomenal job and I felt safe and secure in his office. I will never go to anyone else besides Dr. T for any severe operations. I am 22 now and still am so very thankful for him. I am fully confident in his abilities and would recommend him to absolutely anyone!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Truesdale performed an emergency deep skin graft on me many years ago. I had no real complaints other than the extreme swelling in my hand. I spoke with Dr. Truesdale about it and he advised that the nurses who gave me my after surgery instructions should not have kept my arm in a sling but rather in a straight position to allow the muscle which had been severed to heal. My other concern which still haunts me to this day (18 years later) is my stomach is lopsided from where the skin was removed. I asked him about this initially and was told he had to do it like that in case the first graft didn't take. So I no longer have an open hole in my arm, but now I have 2 nasty scars. One at the graft site and the other a 8 inch scar running from my left hip to my mid stomach. Cosemetically speaking they both look terrible, and I would have expected better from a plastic surgeon, but I no longer have a hole in my arm. I wish something would have been done to correct the lopsidedness once we all realized the graft took, but it's been so long now I assume nothing can be done without great expense.

Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Gerald Truesdale

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's response
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment so many years after your surgery. Your injury sounds like it was limb-threatening and necessitated multiple procedures to save your arm. Such an injury may require multiple procedures to accomplish a functional arm. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you by this post, and thus, cannot reach out to you directly. Regardless, I would be happy to address your concerns in person, and invite you to contact my office at your convenience.

Submitted July 2, 2015

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)