Ratings for Dr. Gerald Truesdale

I went to Dr. T many years ago (I was 4) and I had an awful injury to my head. He did a phenomenal job and I felt safe and secure in his office. I will never go to anyone else besides Dr. T for any severe operations. I am 22 now and still am so very thankful for him. I am fully confident in his abilities and would recommend him to absolutely anyone!

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

Dr. Truesdale performed an emergency deep skin graft on me many years ago. I had no real complaints other than the extreme swelling in my hand. I spoke with Dr. Truesdale about it and he advised that the nurses who gave me my after surgery instructions should not have kept my arm in a sling but rather in a straight position to allow the muscle which had been severed to heal. My other concern which still haunts me to this day (18 years later) is my stomach is lopsided from where the skin was removed. I asked him about this initially and was told he had to do it like that in case the first graft didn't take. So I no longer have an open hole in my arm, but now I have 2 nasty scars. One at the graft site and the other a 8 inch scar running from my left hip to my mid stomach. Cosemetically speaking they both look terrible, and I would have expected better from a plastic surgeon, but I no longer have a hole in my arm. I wish something would have been done to correct the lopsidedness once we all realized the graft took, but it's been so long now I assume nothing can be done without great expense.

Submitted June 19, 2015

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's response
Thank you for your comments. I am sorry to learn of your disappointment so many years after your surgery. Your injury sounds like it was limb-threatening and necessitated multiple procedures to save your arm. Such an injury may require multiple procedures to accomplish a functional arm. Unfortunately, I am unable to identify you by this post, and thus, cannot reach out to you directly. Regardless, I would be happy to address your concerns in person, and invite you to contact my office at your convenience.

Submitted July 2, 2015

flag | Submitted February 2, 2015

Im a student and recently had the opportunity to observe Dr. Truesdale preform a tummy tuck with liposuction. I must say he is an amazing surgeon. He was very concerned about every aspect of his patient. He had a holistic approach and I could tell he really wanted the best for his patient. Most surgeons that I have observed come in the OR preform the surgery and leave. Dr. Truesdale took out the time to educate the nurses about proper patient handling, positioning, the importance of cleaning the surgical incision throughly before applying dressing, and also about pressure points from the Jackson Pratt. I was very impressed and can't wait to be a patient of Dr. Truesdale!!

flag | Submitted October 29, 2014

flag | Submitted October 24, 2014

I have had two procedures done with this doctor and love my results. Dr. Truesdale is a caring, knowledgeable, and talented surgeon. I would recommend him and his office to my family and friends. I will return for any future plastic or reconstructive needs.

flag | Submitted September 12, 2014

Horrible experience- 3 surgeries and still looks like I have to get another doctor to fix the horrible work he did! Waste of time, money, and tears. Don't bother coming here or you may end up leaving with a bigger problem!!!

Submitted September 11, 2014

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's response
I am sorry to read about your dissatisfaction with your surgical results. I welcome all feedback from my patients - good, bad or indifferent - as it allows me to understand my patients better and address their concerns. Unfortunately, I cannot identify who you are, as there is no name attached to this review. I am also unable to locate a patient file that matches the circumstances described in your review - revision needed after three surgical procedures. As such, I am limited in the actions I can take to address your concerns. My goal is to deliver the aesthetic and reconstructive enhancements that my patients want, and I am able to achieve this goal in an overwhelming majority of the cases. Nonetheless, desired results cannot be achieved 100% of the time (I truly wish they could) - no surgeon can sustain a 100% success rate. It is always disappointing, for both the patient and myself, if the outcomes of a surgery do not match the expectations. In these rare instances, I work with the patient to develop secondary treatment plans to accomplish the patient's goals and expectations.

Submitted October 29, 2014

Excellent care given to me! Very respected physician.I love my new look!

flag | Submitted August 28, 2014

Well, I feel anyone that is making cruel comments about Dr. Gerald Truesdale is miserable insane. He has been referred so many times to friends and family. Seven people I know (four of them being family members)had procedures performed by Dr. Truesdale. They had no complaints before or after surgery. They were pleased with his work and staff. I smell a rat and feel like people are trying to ruin his name and creditability. On the other hand, you have people that will never be satisfied with anything they receive or just life in general.

flag | Submitted July 26, 2014

Excellent doctor and provided great care to me. He has also treated both my daughters with breast augmentation.I would recommend him highly!

flag | Submitted June 14, 2014

Dr. Gerald Truesdale's Credentials

• University Of Chicago, Pritzker School Of Medicine (Grad. 1975)

Updates

• A new 4.2-star rating has been posted. "I went to Dr. T many years ago (I was 4) and I had an awful injury to my head. He did a phenomenal job and I felt safe and secure in his office. I will never go..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "He deformed me for life and did not care. He never attempted to fix what he botched."

July 7, 2015
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Truesdale performed an emergency deep skin graft on me many years ago. I had no real complaints other than the extreme swelling in my hand. I spoke with D..."

June 19, 2015
  • A new 1.8-star rating has been posted. "I came to mr. Truesdale I say mr. Bc he doesn't deserve DR. At the front. I had two procedures done both had to touched up several times. STILL NOT right. He le..."

February 24, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Truesdale is the best of the best. He is an amazing and talented doctor. I world recommend him to anyone!"

February 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Im a student and recently had the opportunity to observe Dr. Truesdale preform a tummy tuck with liposuction. I must say he is an amazing surgeon. He was very c..."

October 29, 2014
  • A new 4.8-star rating has been posted. "Dr Truesdale was very knowledgeable about my procedures and needs. What I like the most is no question is to small or big he's always available."

October 24, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have had two procedures done with this doctor and love my results. Dr. Truesdale is a caring, knowledgeable, and talented surgeon. I would recommend him and..."

September 12, 2014
  • A new 1.5-star rating has been posted. "Horrible experience- 3 surgeries and still looks like I have to get another doctor to fix the horrible work he did! Waste of time, money, and tears. Don't bothe..."

September 11, 2014