Ratings for Dr. Daniel J. Pyo

Dr Pyo is the most unprofessional doctor I've ever received care from. I have called his office and left emails for him NUMEROUS times and he has not gotten back to me. And his staff is just as helpless. Their response is always "I don't know what to tell you. He is in surgery all day. He will get back to you when he can". Not acceptable. He failed to send my insurance company the proper medical necessities of prove that my bilateral reduction mammoplasty was medically necessary due to extreme back pains. My insurance company came back saying they aren't going to cover the surgery because there was no proof sent with the bill. Dr Pyo's actions towards me and this case is utterly disgusting. I would not recommend him to anyone.

flag | Submitted May 3, 2017

Don't get me wrong, Dr Pyo is very good at what he does but I had a breast reduction by him and I had a lot of complications post surgery. I had a lot of fluid built up in the one breast and when I saw him for my post op I had asked if he should drain the excess fluid and he just looked at me and said "no". Eventually my incision busted open and the skin in that area had died. I saw him twice a week for 3 months. I told him my concerns and I had a bunch of questions and he did not take ANY of them into consideration. Every time I saw him I was more confused as to why the complications had happened to me and how he was going to go about fixing it. Being a 19 year old, with a very bubbly personality, I took the whole situation pretty well. But I felt like he didn't take me seriously at all and made me feel uncomfortable. Being in his office twice a week, I saw him for about 5 minutes between both visits. He would come into the room, I'd show him my breast, and he'd say "wow , looks great. Come back next week" meanwhile one breast was extremely bigger than the other. Finally he said I didn't have to see him anymore because I was all healed up and to call him back up when I want him to fix what had been done. I do not trust Dr Pyo to do my surgery. And I wouldn't recommend him to anyone with big breast wanting to get a reduction.

flag | Submitted September 2, 2016

Dr. Pyo is an excellent plastic surgeon. He did the Fraxel Laser treatment on my son to improve skin quality after severe acne. Within a week, we saw a noticeable difference. He truly listens to all concerns and spends considerable time working with his patients for a mutually satisfying outcome. He's extremely knowledgeable and very versed in all of the latest procedures, especially facial procedures. We highly recommend

flag | Submitted July 30, 2016

dr. pyo pretty much literally saved my life [i had a severe hip bone infection from a bed sore gone too far] when i was on a threshold of sepsis... he operated on me and amputated part of my hip bone at the very last moment, on extremely short notice, when all other surgeons refused to... i'm a quadriplegic who is a long time smoker [i've smoked since the age of 9, now 49 and unable to quit despite desperately and repeatedly trying] and on medicare/medicaid... every other surgeon i've seen at the time declined the surgery because they said that smokers only have a less than 30% chance of success following such a complicated procedure [the infected part of bone is amputated then the thigh muscle is wrapped/stapled or sewn around that space] and they don't want to take that chance with medicaid... dr. pyo, [after i've seen another physician from the same hospital and my case was apparently referred to dr. pyo] called me barely a week after my appointment and told me he wants me admitted and on the operating table within a couple of days... it was done and he performed the procedure on me... there were no post-op complications whatsoever and his work healed and 'the wrap' is holding up beautifully... this was done in early july 2011 and it is now mid-may 2015... i shall be forever grateful to dr. pyo for doing this against all odds regardless of whether eventually that hip might become worse once again or not eventually [given my deteriorating physical status as a long term quad i'm always at an ever increasing risk for such], because thanks to him i got a new lease on life when everyone else, myself included, gave up on me... and so is my mother btw who diligently transported me to various facilities/appointments all over the tri-state area seeking help for me; until we finally came upon dr. pyo... from what i know, dr.pyo also regularly takes some months off from his regular practice and travels to poorer countries performing pro bono reconstructive procedures, correcting deformities, et alia, especially on afflicted children... he might be a brilliant and talented plastic surgeon to many adults who simply require a 'beauty enhancement' but as far as i'm concerned, he's a remarkable human being as well with a great heart and soul... thank you so very much doctor... incidentally, it is very difficult for me to type therefore i've typed this up straight from my heart and will copy/paste into my reviews on any other review sites for physicians i can find, along with my perfect rating...

flag | Submitted May 18, 2015

Dr. Pyo is pleasant, knowledgeable and caring and spent a reasonable amount of time with me. I went to Dr. Pyo for surgery on my face. He removed from my cheek with barely any trace of a scar at all. His waiting room is comfortable. His staff is just OK, but are sloppy and unattractive; one of them is quite moody. You don't expect that at a plastic surgeons office, and it made me a bit weary. In the end, Dr. Pyo is great but his staff could use an upgrade.

flag | Submitted December 5, 2012

I went to Dr. Pyo for Sculptra and he was excellant. He's very attentive to detail and he's patient with follow up phone calls. This is important because Sculptra is not a "one shot deal." It requires 3 to 4 sessions with different parts of the face responding at different paces. Another Dr. might have been annoyed at my questions about why one temple was still deeper than the other. But not Pyo. He just told me to come right on in. He's extraordinarily tolerant of the layperson's stupid questions - and let me tell you, I had lots of them! He also has a way of making your choice to seek plastic surgery seem perfectly legitimate (ie, not vain or self indulgent). He's very laid back and hasn't an ounce of arrogance. This is relevant because his training/schooling/education is actually top rank (really, one of the highest of all the guys in the Morristown area -- check it out). His office is comfortable and his staff's lovely. They're kind, professional and NEVER rush you.

flag | Submitted July 2, 2012

did what he wanted , not what the pt wanted

flag | Submitted October 18, 2010

Dr. Daniel J. Pyo's Credentials

• Mount Sinai School Of Medicine Of City University Of New York (Grad. 1990)

Top Urgent Care Centers in Morristown, NJ