Ratings for Dr. A. Peter Salas

Dr Salas is an extremely talented and caring Doctor, and I can't thank him and his staff enough for always treating me wonderful!

flag | Submitted October 7, 2016

I had the privilege to witness Dr. Salas hands on (at Saint Barnabas) when my daughter, who was seven years old at that time ( now 20) fell during camp activities, suffered a terrible gash just centimeters away from her eye. I was frantic and worried about the experience of the doctor that would care for her injury. Dr. Salas was more than a professional, he displayed concern and care as if my daughter was his own. I appreciate him because this is not simply a job for him. He actually cares for his patients and the quality of work he does. TODAY... the scar has virtually disappeared. THANK YOU Peter Salas!!!!

flag | Submitted April 25, 2016

My experience with Dr. Salas was wonderful. He is very compassionate and takes time to explain everything. I felt at ease and would absolutely go back to him. He is also very handsome.

flag | Submitted January 29, 2015

I met Dr. Salas at St Barnabas Hosp when my 1 year old split her upper lip area and needed stitches. I asked for a plastic surgeon bc it was on her face and felt the ER drs would just "patch her up". Dr Salas was warm and gentle and made the baby feel at ease. he has excellent bed side manners. He explained that he wasnt sure if he was in my insurance network but at that time i didnt care. turned out he was and i was grateful bc her scar is barely noticeable. I would go back to him if needed.

flag | Submitted July 6, 2012

Have seen Dr. Salas for a number of procedures. He has always been patient and kind and has never rushed through a procedure. you would think you were his only patient. Explains what he is doing and why, I would highly recommend him.

flag | Submitted December 6, 2011

I cannot rate this doctor highly enough. He is very patient and kind. He is such a perfectionist. He is very skillful and is able to treat complicated conditions that other doctors are afraid of. I had to have a corrective surgery on a plastic surgery that someone else had done poorly. I am very happy with the results.

flag | Submitted July 20, 2010

I saw Dr. Salas because my condition was complicated and the other doctors couldn't be bothered. In today's insurance climate of low payment to doctors, most of them just want to do staight foward easy stuff. I had my problem for 2 years before I finally saw Dr. SAlas. He took the time to fix me good. I am very happy!!!

flag | Submitted May 24, 2010

My little 11 year old brother fell and split his forehead open. He was freaking out over the idea of stitches and at 1st was trying to leave the hospital, but when Dr. Salas came in, he was amazing! He completely calmed him down and joked with him the whole time, and my brother never knew that he was getting injections of lidocaine in his head, or that the stitches were being placed because Dr. Salas was so gentle. My brother was shocked when it was all over, and asked when he was going to get stitched up until we gave him a mirror. Afterwards, Dr. Salas was so kind and concerned during the office visits, and there is no scarring at all, even though it turns out my brother had been cut down to his skull. Dr. Salas is one of the best doctors I've ever met..and I know a lot of doctors, since I go to UMDNJ. I'd recommend him to anyone- completely beyond amazing and the most caring attitude in any doctor I've seen.

flag | Submitted February 6, 2010

We saw Dr. Salas when my 4 year old daughter was being treated at St. Barnabas. I requested a plastic surgeon as she needed stitches on her forhead. Dr. Salas is incredible. He was so patient and has a wonderful bedside manner. Best of all, he did a great job. The scar is almost undetectable.

flag | Submitted July 15, 2009

At first I was hesitant to go to Dr. Salas because he was out of network. But looking back on it, I am very happy I went to him. You can't even see a scar!!

flag | Submitted May 30, 2009

Dr. A. Peter Salas's Credentials

• New York Medical College (Grad. 1991)

Delta Dental