Dr. Ascherman did my breast reconstruction several years ago. I am so thankful for everything he has done for me and my family. I will never forget his kindness and wonderful work.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2016

It has been well over ten years since I started going through the large glass turn style doors located at Columbia to visit Dr. Ascherman. It all started when my girlfriend put her finger on a deep wrinkle that existed right between my eyes. "What's that?" she asked. She then introduced me to an amazing plastic surgery department. Dr. Ascherman who heads up that department is not only talented but has an artistic flair that no matter what the procedure, he can enhance your looks and still have the procedure being subtle. It was evident that any anticipation or worries that existed years ago, soon departed. It has become second nature to me now. I give myself one hour every three to four months for that special visit that makes me look healthy and young. I feel great and look even better! Thank you Dr. Ascherman. SF

flag | Submitted January 7, 2016

Shortly after 2000 I became a caregiver for my parents and husband. As a result, I gained 40 pounds. Because of this I did not want to go to social events, and clothes did not fit. I realized that something needed to be done. Diet and exercise were not working and motivation was difficult to maintain. After receiving clearance from my cardiologist, the next day I phoned Dr. Ascherman's office for an appointment. He did not make me feel like an old girl wanting to be young again. The surgery was remarkably easy and my recover was swift. In addition, something wonderful happened after the surgery. Not only did the visible "tire" at my waist disappear, but my mental attitude changed. I felt so much better about myself. My outlook has changed! I go to my local YMCA three days per week for exercise classes. My gratitude for the quality of care I received from Dr. Ascherman is unlimited.

flag | Submitted August 22, 2015

I had two elective surgical procedures performed by Dr. Ashcerman. The two previous consultations/ doctors did not match the quality in care and attention I received from Dr. Ascherman. Surgically, he proved to be top notch. I'm happy with the results and the overall experience. I highly recommend Dr. Ascherman for breast augmentation and and mini tummy tuck. Postsurgically happy, M. L.

flag | Submitted April 2, 2015

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Dr. Ascherman and his entire staff were a tremendous comfort during a very trying year of trying to find a team to resolve a open cavity in my 84 year old mother's head. Having had two surgeries prior to Dr. Ascherman's successful solution and surgery, my mother was so distraught. Dr. Ascherman was patient, knowledgeable, confident and commited to getting her better so she may live without worry. Not an easy task, and we actually had several doctors who would not attempt surgery. Not only did he assure us that this muscle flap surgery, moving a muscle from her back internally to the cavity in her head, was the best solution but that he had alternative options if, during surgery, this muscle difficult to move. We are indebted - truly - with my mother's life and her quality of living to the doctor and his staff.

flag | Submitted January 20, 2015

Breast reconstruction following double prophylactic mastectomy. Dr. Ascherman is a pleasant, caring and a very skilled surgeon. He will take as much time as needed to explain your medical condition and you will understand everything when he finishes explaining it to you. If I were in the same position again, Dr. Ascherman is the one I would want to care for me. I am extremely happy with him and I highly recommend him!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2014

Dr. Ascherman did a great job reconstructing my breasts, he would respond with urgency to any problem or concern I had. He is very caring and has a wonderful bedside manner. He did a fantastic job with the procedure and I am very happy with the final results.

flag | Submitted December 15, 2014

Dr. Ascherman reconstructed my breasts following bilateral mastectomies for cancer, and they look so natural. Most of the time I forget I ever had cancer. Through every step of my reconstruction he has always been so kind and calm, and always puts me at ease. Thank you Dr. Ascherman!

flag | Submitted October 27, 2014

I wish this could have been a raving review... He is lovable- I'll give him that. However Dr. Ascherman had made nothing but wrong choices for me! I was left with a horrible reconstruction, completely deformed!

flag | Submitted October 22, 2014

Dr. Jeffrey A. Ascherman's Credentials

• Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032 (Grad. 1988)

Oxford

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ascherman did my breast reconstruction several years ago. I am so thankful for everything he has done for me and my family. I will never forget his kindnes..."

February 3, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "It has been well over ten years since I started going through the large glass turn style doors located at Columbia to visit Dr. Ascherman. It all started when m..."

January 7, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Shortly after 2000 I became a caregiver for my parents and husband. As a result, I gained 40 pounds. Because of this I did not want to go to social events, and..."

August 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had two elective surgical procedures performed by Dr. Ashcerman. The two previous consultations/ doctors did not match the quality in care and attention I re..."

April 2, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I highly recommend Dr Ascherman! He is an axcellent doctor who puts you at ease. Helps that he has a wonderful staff, too."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ascherman and his entire staff were a tremendous comfort during a very trying year of trying to find a team to resolve a open cavity in my 84 year old mothe..."

January 20, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Breast reconstruction following double prophylactic mastectomy. Dr. Ascherman is a pleasant, caring and a very skilled surgeon. He will take as much time as nee..."

December 29, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ascherman did a great job reconstructing my breasts, he would respond with urgency to any problem or concern I had. He is very caring and has a wonderful be..."

December 15, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Ascherman reconstructed my breasts following bilateral mastectomies for cancer, and they look so natural. Most of the time I forget I ever had cancer. Throu..."

October 27, 2014
  • A new 2.8-star rating has been posted. "I wish this could have been a raving review... He is lovable- I'll give him that. However Dr. Ascherman had made nothing but wrong choices for me! I was lef..."

October 22, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Very supportive and clinically knowledgable. Always available and returns calls."

October 6, 2014
  • 'birds of a feather' rating (based on <a href='/birdsofafeather.jsp?did=585420'>Medicare patients-in-common</a>): 5.0

February 6, 2014