Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Skolnik

I regret my decision. I made my choice based on him being listed in ny magazine as a top doctor. I was disappointed with the result of my surgery and not to mention the staff. It seemed like a money grab the entire time. Obviously I have the money or I wouldn't be going to one of the most expensive surgeons in the city. Even all the office papers and pre-op paperwork was either handwritten or looked like it was done on a 1990 word processor that I used in college. I thought this ny magazine list was really based on skill of the surgeon. I later found out that is mostly political. How misleading. No wonder why my results didn't meet expectations.

flag | Submitted January 16, 2017

Agree with the prior comments about his staff being rude and his results subpar. He may have been very good back in the day when the choices were limited, but things are different and there are so many more talented surgeons in the city now.

flag | Submitted October 31, 2016

Doctor is hit or miss. Got a driopy eyelid from botox from him. His girl at desk is the nastiest hag. I will not be going back. And way to $$ for crappy work

flag | Submitted October 10, 2016

Agree with the negative posts. He is rude and surgical results were substandard. His office ignores you when you are unhappy. I expressed my concerns and I received a notice that I can no longer be his patient. This can't be legal. He messed me up and then he says I can't be a patient anymore. Who does this?

flag | Submitted September 21, 2016

Dr. Skolnik is extremely unprofessional. A surgeon told me I should go to the Medical Misconduct board because of how I was mistreated by him.

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Skolnik not only saved my life but my best friends daughter's life. I am a breast cancer survivor having had a sizeable lumpectomy. In a very happy marriage I was unconcerned. When my husband left me after 27 years , my surgeon recommended that I needed to get a consultation from Dr. Skolnik since he was the master. Dr. Skolnik was very compassionate to my circumstances and not only performed a beautiful reconstruction but treated me for a year with tender loving care. This was the best thing I have ever done and has given me my life back. I was so pleased with his work that I spread the word. My friend had a daughter who had a terrible result from a surgery. Dr. Skolnik not only cared for her with the kindest bedside manner but patiently explained every step . the results were amazing ! I recently saw this girl and she asked how he was and remarked that she missed him and would visit him soon. I will be Dr. Skolnik's patient fro life. I trust him implicitly. you should too !

Submitted January 8, 2016

I am a Dr. My daughter went to Dr. Skolnik. This Dr. blew off my daughter when things did not turn out well and there was a obvious problem. Other surgeons acknowledged it and see what is wrong. Unprofessional, Unkind to abandon a patient and have your secretary call my daughter to say good riddance. My daughter has never experienced anything like this in her life. She was hurt badly from this experience. How this Surgeon can treat a patient this way, says volumes.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr Skolnik is the utmost professional with exceptional bedside manner. I was pretty uncomfortable with a cyst I had on my head, never wore my hair down and embarrassed about ever showing it, even to him. He made me feel comfortable, even joked about it and made me feel automatically at ease. His very friendly staff made the process easy and smooth. Thank you Dr Skolnik you gave me back my confidence. I feel so much better about myself that I have since cut all my hair off and I feel great!!!!

Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Skolnick is now my favorite doctor. I knew in the first few moments of my consultation with him. He is kind, understanding with a great sense of humor. He completely understands that you want to come away from the procedures looking "naturally" better. He's direct and easy to talk too. I just finished another round of botox and had a great time in his office. Dr. Skolnick and his staff were happy to see me and that adds a lot to the whole experience. Great surgeon with a kind soul.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Skolnik is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. He was recommended to me by a top surgeon I used for a medical problem many years ago. The surgeon told me that his wife and daughter used Dr. Skolnik. Dr. Skolnik has done one major surgery on me and several unrelated minor cosmetic procedures on me. He does amazing work and is very honest about what to expect, pros and cons.

Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr. Richard A. Skolnik's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1976)