Ratings for Dr. Richard A. Skolnik

flag | Submitted January 14, 2016

Dr. Skolnik not only saved my life but my best friends daughter's life. I am a breast cancer survivor having had a sizeable lumpectomy. In a very happy marriage I was unconcerned. When my husband left me after 27 years , my surgeon recommended that I needed to get a consultation from Dr. Skolnik since he was the master. Dr. Skolnik was very compassionate to my circumstances and not only performed a beautiful reconstruction but treated me for a year with tender loving care. This was the best thing I have ever done and has given me my life back. I was so pleased with his work that I spread the word. My friend had a daughter who had a terrible result from a surgery. Dr. Skolnik not only cared for her with the kindest bedside manner but patiently explained every step . the results were amazing ! I recently saw this girl and she asked how he was and remarked that she missed him and would visit him soon. I will be Dr. Skolnik's patient fro life. I trust him implicitly. you should too !

flag | Submitted January 8, 2016

I am a Dr. My daughter went to Dr. Skolnik. This Dr. blew off my daughter when things did not turn out well and there was a obvious problem. Other surgeons acknowledged it and see what is wrong. Unprofessional, Unkind to abandon a patient and have your secretary call my daughter to say good riddance. My daughter has never experienced anything like this in her life. She was hurt badly from this experience. How this Surgeon can treat a patient this way, says volumes.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr Skolnik is the utmost professional with exceptional bedside manner. I was pretty uncomfortable with a cyst I had on my head, never wore my hair down and embarrassed about ever showing it, even to him. He made me feel comfortable, even joked about it and made me feel automatically at ease. His very friendly staff made the process easy and smooth. Thank you Dr Skolnik you gave me back my confidence. I feel so much better about myself that I have since cut all my hair off and I feel great!!!!

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Skolnick is now my favorite doctor. I knew in the first few moments of my consultation with him. He is kind, understanding with a great sense of humor. He completely understands that you want to come away from the procedures looking "naturally" better. He's direct and easy to talk too. I just finished another round of botox and had a great time in his office. Dr. Skolnick and his staff were happy to see me and that adds a lot to the whole experience. Great surgeon with a kind soul.

flag | Submitted January 5, 2016

Dr. Skolnik is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. He was recommended to me by a top surgeon I used for a medical problem many years ago. The surgeon told me that his wife and daughter used Dr. Skolnik. Dr. Skolnik has done one major surgery on me and several unrelated minor cosmetic procedures on me. He does amazing work and is very honest about what to expect, pros and cons.

flag | Submitted January 3, 2016

Dr. Skolnik did my Revision Rhinoplasty in 2010. He blew me off and my concerns when there was an issue that began a few months in post op. When things got worse- a graft collapsed- and I called him ( because he said to me at my last post op apt 18 months after surgery- if things gets worse in time he will fix it) he had his secretary say he will no longer see me as a patient a day before my appt. with him. This Dr. is not ethical or treats his patients with respect or professional care. There was a real issue and he did not want to see it or deal with it and is a coward. My long term care physicians who know me for over 30 years and know the courage it took for me to go through this surgery and know I am mentally well and have every right to see my surgeon- since he did the surgery- call Skolnik a Shmuck. So please beware. This happens a lot in plastic surgery. A good surgeon will always see you even 10 years after a surgery and always treat you with respect and will refer you to someone they think can fix it or not- but would never leave you out hanging on a limb and dismiss you so cruelly. It's hard walking around with a partially collapsed nostril. If you need to do revision work on your nose- go elsewhere and know that things can go awry after a 2nd surgery and a 3rd surgery might not be possible.

flag | Submitted December 31, 2015

money hungry surgeon. Unkind during my consult with a lousy attitude

flag | Submitted December 28, 2015

Dr. Skolnik has been my go to doctor for filler and Botox for years. He did my face lift two years ago. I'd been putting it off because, quite frankly, I was a bit afraid. It was such a breeze. All I needed was Tylenol afterward. I don't know of any other doctor with such skill. The results were spectacular. People are always shocked when I tell them my age. When I mention I had a face lift they are shocked as well because it looks so natural. I always recommend Dr. Skolnik, he's the absolute best. Easy and fun to be with, staff is terrific too.

Submitted December 23, 2015

My Cousin went through a lousy experience with this Surgeon. He does not care about his patients and if something goes wrong in post op or after- he will abandon you and get rid of you. He does not care. The mistreatment she went through was validated by surgeons that have respect and feel responsible for their patients. Dr. Skolnik is not professional or a decent human being. No human being should go through what my cousin has. Stay clear of this surgeon.

flag | Submitted November 3, 2015

Dr. Richard A. Skolnik's Credentials

• Cornell Univ Med Coll, New York Ny 10021 (Grad. 1976)

Please call the Doctor's office to find out if your insurance plan is accepted.

Updates

• A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik is extremely unprofessional. A surgeon told me I should go to the Medical Misconduct board because of how I was mistreated by him. "

January 14, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik not only saved my life but my best friends daughter's life. I am a breast cancer survivor having had a sizeable lumpectomy. In a very happy marria..."

January 8, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "I am a Dr. My daughter went to Dr. Skolnik. This Dr. blew off my daughter when things did not turn out well and there was a obvious problem. Other surgeons ac..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr Skolnik is the utmost professional with exceptional bedside manner. I was pretty uncomfortable with a cyst I had on my head, never wore my hair down and emb..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnick is now my favorite doctor. I knew in the first few moments of my consultation with him. He is kind, understanding with a great sense of humor. He ..."

January 5, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik is an excellent surgeon with a wonderful bedside manner. He was recommended to me by a top surgeon I used for a medical problem many years ago. T..."

January 3, 2016
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik did my Revision Rhinoplasty in 2010. He blew me off and my concerns when there was an issue that began a few months in post op. When things got wo..."

December 31, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "money hungry surgeon. Unkind during my consult with a lousy attitude"

December 28, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik has been my go to doctor for filler and Botox for years. He did my face lift two years ago. I'd been putting it off because, quite frankly, I was ..."

December 23, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My Cousin went through a lousy experience with this Surgeon. He does not care about his patients and if something goes wrong in post op or after- he will aband..."

November 3, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Terrible Experience . This Surgeon should be avoided at all costs."

November 2, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Avoid this Surgeon. My results were a failure and he is only interested in the money."

September 25, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Heard many wonderful things about this Surgeon. My consult visit was disappointing, very arrogant, unprofessional manner."

August 30, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Save your money and go elsewhere. Condescending manner. "

August 23, 2015
  • A new 4-star rating has been posted. "Dr. Skolnik does wonderful work and the results are natural looking "

July 25, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Lovely person and talented plastic surgeon with years of experience"

July 22, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Excellent surgeon, talented, experienced, does good work"

July 22, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Arrogant Unprofessional, did not feel comfortable at Consultation- go elsewhere"

July 20, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Do not go to Dr. Skolnik for revision Rhinoplasty - he does not specialize in that area. "

June 8, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "My girlfriend was treated unethically, unprofessionally by this surgeon and his staff. Dr. Skolnik abandons his patients in the recovery process if a problem ar..."

May 15, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Please avoid this Dr at all costs. I had surgery with him and there was a problem a few months later that got worse over the years and he dismissed me as a pa..."

May 14, 2015
  • A new 2-star rating has been posted. "unprofessional very money hungry His girl at desk is the rudest and nastiest woman Ive ever encountered He never returns calls and is not a good surgeo..."

January 19, 2015
  • First Name changed from "Richard" to "Richard A."

October 20, 2013