Ratings for Dr. Lori L. Cherup

I am now 9 weeks post-op from my breast augmentation/breast lift and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Cherup and her staff were amazing through the whole process from the initial consultation to my final appointment. Already my scars are fading dramatically and my breasts look natural on my body.

flag | Submitted January 27, 2016

My experience with Lori Cherup and her staff was excellent. Dr. Cherup did a wonderful job with my breast reduction. The staff is friendly and kind. The office has a welcoming feel to it. Dr. Cherup's staff worked with my insurance and quickly got my procedure approved. Everything was explained to me so I knew exactly what was going to happen. The results are amazing. My back no longer aches constantly. I sleep better at night and have stopped snoring. My new breasts look amazing! The only reason I gave 4 stars on wait time was because on my first visit I did have to wait almost an hour to be seen. However, every other time I was there I was seen immediately.

flag | Submitted January 4, 2016

I had a great experience at Radiance Plastic Surgery Center on 08/27/15. Everyone was top notch in both being professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Cherub is great and a wonderful person. Beautiful place, I feel like I am at a resort when I visit!! 5 stars all the way!!!!

flag | Submitted December 29, 2015

I recently had breast surgery (latissimus flap) as reconstruction from a mastectomy due to breast cancer. I also had a reduction procedure on the other breast at the same time to preserve balance on the two sides. My surgery was done by Dr. Lori Cherup at St. Clair Hospital. The hospital staff was great and Dr. Cherup was extremely attentive and reassuring. She visited me daily in the hospital and called me by phone each evening. She kept my family members well-informed. I have been extremely impressed with her treatment, her attention to me, and with the results. Would I recommend her? Absolutely!

flag | Submitted November 19, 2015

flag | Submitted August 10, 2015

Dr lori Cherup is amazing she is an awesome doctor she knows what she is doing and she has a great perspective into what to do with what you are unhappy about yourself I recommend her 100%

flag | Submitted July 10, 2015

flag | Submitted May 14, 2015

Hi Everyone on the Radiance Team. I had my procedure this past summer. I haven't been able to figure out how to write a proper review and that has been bothering me because I want everyone to know how awesome all of you are. My experience could not have been better beginning with the warm welcome I received from the receptionist. During my first consult and all my meeting with Cherub I was treated with patience and understanding, Dr Cherup explained to me, with total confidence, the procedures to be done. Dr Cherups' vast knowledge made me felt completely comfortable. The nurses, the OR staff and the recovery staff could not have been more compassionate. They made me feel like an old friend and made me laugh when they told me funny stories about how they used to fear plastic surgery as well. I want to formally thank Dr Cherup and her team at Radiance Plastic Surgery.

flag | Submitted February 3, 2015

I am 47 years old and I had a breast augmentation seven years ago in Utah and I have never been happy with the results.. The left implant had always been bigger and it had always stayed high up on my chest and my implants had 480 cc of saline, they were to big for my body. So when my right implant deflated, I found Dr. Cherup, I was very scared to have this procedure done again since the first time was so painful and was worried about how they would look, I wanted both sides to look the same. Dr. Cherup reassured me that everything will be ok and I won't have the experience I had the first time. She explained to me what we needed to do and spent a lot of time with me and made me feel good about going forward with the procedure. Dr. Cherup took out both old implants and we agreed on smaller implants that would give me a more youthful appearance. She replaced both sides with 320 cc of saline and also performed a lift to remove some skin. I am now at one month after my surgery and very pleased and delighted with the results. Dr. Cherup is amazing, and her staff are wonderful.

flag | Submitted October 20, 2014

My mother is battling a disease that scars and mars her, not only physically but psychologically. The stress and the uncertainty of her future weighs on her every day. Should not a disease sufferer walk into a physician's office and feel BETTER? Should not a woman speak to another with compassion and understanding, even outside of the medical sector? Instead, this physician was brash and offensive in addition to refusing her treatment. As a medical student, I understand there are many times when a physician must refuse- and typically, those refusals would be accompanied by sympathy and apology. Instead, my mother was essentially told her previous surgeon had done a horrible job- mind you, this surgery was on her FACE. Now, as a plastic surgeon, one could assume that she understands body insecurity. What on God's green earth could compel you to tell a sick woman that her face looks awful??? As a result of treating her illness??? Additionally, my mother left feeling very much like Dr. Cherup would not take her case because it was not cosmetic, and subsequently, she would see significantly less money. This deduction was made in one visit and made by an honest, perceptive woman with NO medical background. If one can perceive this business-like attitude, but it is not the case that she is greedy, it is my guess that she needs a significant attitude adjustment so her patients don't walk away feeling both offended and robbed. As I write this, I'm imagining the snarky, back-handed response I will receive on this page, much as others complainants have (on other review sites). My simple response will be: First, DO NO HARM. Not physically, not psychologically, not emotionally. I am ever-so familiar with unruly and unrealistic patients. I am fully aware that doctors are not deities and cannot perform wonders. However, the one thing you CAN control as a physician is how you treat your patient at the bedside. Saying "I'm surprised you're not dead!" provides a whole different experience than "You must be one tough cookie to have endured all of this and show up to my office with a smile!" or "What incredible perseverance, you really are something!" or "Girl, you must have an influential angel up there! You're just amazing!" I can only hope that she soon remembers why she became a physician- to help, to inspire hope, and to heal. Though I do not wish it, perhaps one day, someone she loves will fall terribly ill and she will understand how much love and compassion they and their family require to get by.

flag | Submitted October 2, 2014

Dr. Lori L. Cherup's Credentials

• Hahnemann University College Of Medicine (Grad. 1997)

UPMC

Updates

• A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am now 9 weeks post-op from my breast augmentation/breast lift and I am thrilled with the results. Dr. Cherup and her staff were amazing through the whole pro..."

January 27, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "My experience with Lori Cherup and her staff was excellent. Dr. Cherup did a wonderful job with my breast reduction. The staff is friendly and kind. The office ..."

January 4, 2016
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I had a great experience at Radiance Plastic Surgery Center on 08/27/15. Everyone was top notch in both being professional and knowledgeable. Dr. Cherub is grea..."

December 29, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I recently had breast surgery (latissimus flap) as reconstruction from a mastectomy due to breast cancer. I also had a reduction procedure on the other breast a..."

November 19, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "This is my second time having Dr. Cherup work on me. I have to say she is the best of the best and I will go back to her as along as she continues to practice."

August 10, 2015
  • A new 4.5-star rating has been posted. "Dr lori Cherup is amazing she is an awesome doctor she knows what she is doing and she has a great perspective into what to do with what you are unhappy about y..."

July 10, 2015
  • A new 1-star rating has been posted. "Stay away from her she was dropping f bombs tto me because she was upset I wasn't satisfied with my procedure "

May 14, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "Hi Everyone on the Radiance Team. I had my procedure this past summer. I haven't been able to figure out how to write a proper review and that has been bother..."

February 3, 2015
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I am 47 years old and I had a breast augmentation seven years ago in Utah and I have never been happy with the results.. The left implant had always been bigger..."

October 20, 2014
  • A new 2.5-star rating has been posted. "My mother is battling a disease that scars and mars her, not only physically but psychologically. The stress and the uncertainty of her future weighs on her eve..."

October 2, 2014
  • A new 5-star rating has been posted. "I have absolutely no complaints regarding my recent surgery. The facility was clean and updated. The nurses were fantastic. My pre-op nurse took her time and ex..."

September 13, 2014
  • First Name changed from "Lori" to "Lori L."

October 20, 2013
  • 2 positive duplicate or disallowed ratings automatically removed

April 2, 2013
  • City changed from "Pittsburgh" to "BRIDGEVILLE", Med School changed from "Columbia Univ Coll Of Physicians And Surgeons, New York Ny 10032" to "Hahnemann University College Of Medicine", Grad Year changed from "1982" to "1997"

June 8, 2012