Dr. Royal A. Hobbs's Credentials
Accepting New Patients
Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients
Dr. Roy Hobbs has trained and worked in multiple countries giving him a unique perspective to understand patients' medical and cultural needs. As a board certified plastic surgeon with over 20 years experience and having done more than 10,000 surgeries, Dr. Hobbs has the added benefit of experience to sculpt and adjust body tissues to give the best possible results cosmetically and functionally.
- Univ Of Toronto, Fac Of Med, Toronto, Ont, Canada (Grad. 1979)
- UofA - University of Alberta (Grad. 1984)
- University of Louisville (Grad. 1986)
- University of Sydney (Grad. 1988)
Areas of Expertise
Awards & Recognitions
- William Brohm Award, University of Louisville, Kentucky for Outstanding Surgical Resident
- New South Wales, Australia - Award for Best Clinical Slides at Annual Hand Surgery Meeting
- Multiple Letters of Recognition from hospitals and government of China for lectures and surgery performed at six universities.
- 2002 Teacher of the Year - Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System chosen by General Surgery and Transitional Year Residents.
- 2003 Teacher of the Year - Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System chosen by General Surgery and Transitional Year Residents.
- 2004 Teacher of the Year - Spartanburg Regional Healthcare System chosen by General Surgery and Transitional Year Residents.
- 1980 MAP International Scholarship for travel to India.
- Honors Standing in University of Toronto Medical School.
- N. Silverthorn Award at University of Toronto
- Alpha Omega Alpha, University of Toronto Honor Medical Society
- In-Course Scholarship for Academic Excellence at University of Toronto
Publications & Research
Insurance accepted by this Doctor
- Coventry Health Care