Ratings for Dr. John LoMonaco

I'm two weeks post-surgery and ecstatic with my surgery results. Dr. LoMonaco is a true artist and the body is his canvas. A little history about me, I'm 65 year active female in good health, but my body image did not reflect the way the way I felt. Almost 2 years ago, I took the plunge and had the gastric sleeve weight loss procedure. I lost a little over 100 pounds, felt great, but was unhappy with all the excess skin that my weight loss left me with. After quite a lot of research, I felt Dr. LoMonaco would be a good fit for my needs and after meeting him and his awesome staff, I immediately booked my surgery. I just had Stage 1 procedure, which included a lower body and breast lift. I am thrilled to have a flat stomach for the first time in many years ( and I am told that as the swelling diminishes, it will be even better) and my breasts are perky. My personal experience has been great, very minimal pain and I am already back to work at my office on a limited basis - 3-4 hours per day and I am incorporating walking into my daily routine. I have already scheduled Stage 2 procedure in 90 days, which will include a thigh life and my upper arms. After care is great, all the nurses have been so helpful with my follow up visits. Life is good, thank you Dr. LoMonaco! Sandra B

flag | Submitted September 30, 2015

I went in last week for a consult, and was beyond impressed. I had previously had consultations with 3 other doctors and instantly knew this would be my last one. Destiny is incredible, and Dr. LoMonaco is great! They are both very knowledgable, caring, eager to answer any questions and very funny! It was a great experience and I can't wait to have my surgery in February!

flag | Submitted September 28, 2015

Love him and loving my results! This is a Surgeon who looks at you as his masterpiece and does everything to make you as close to perfect as he can. The staff has been amazing, informative and caring!! He answers all if my questions and I always learn something from him. I am so blessed to have been referred to such an amazing Dr and can't wait to see my end results in a couple months.

flag | Submitted September 15, 2015

Dr Lomonaco is a top-notch doctor he's one-of-a-kind he's the best you could find and the staff super friendly love you all thank God for y'all

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

I loved Dr. Lomonaco. He did a tummy tuck and implant exchange. Every experience with him and his team was great. I've never had such a comfortable recovery from surgery. Chela and Destiny are particularly helpful and knowledgeable.

flag | Submitted September 9, 2015

Dr. L is very professional, honest, and caring. He performed my second breast augmentation and tummy tuck in June 2015. In Feb 2014 another surgeon (Dr. Basu) did a horrible job and I was in desperate need of a new trustworthy surgeon who could give me my desired results. At my initial consultation Dr. L instantly made me feel comfortable and thoroughly explained what he could do to repair my tummy tuck and correct my breast. My appointment did not feel rushed nor did I feel pressure to make any hasty desicions. The day of surgery I felt so comfortable! He seemed enthusiastic and confident that he could deliver. The surgery went very well. The next day I was discharged and on my way home my husband received a call from the doctor himself, not the nurse the actual doctor calling just to check on me. I have had many doctors in my lifetime and they usually have someone else do the calling for them so I was impressed. Also I was given the cell phone number of the nurses on call so they were available 24/7. My previous doctors office played a lot of phone tag which was very frustating. Post Op: Chela called me every single day for over a week to check my pain level. She knew every detail of my recovery and documented every thing. Destini is also a great nurse! She took care of me at the hospital and at my post op appointments. They ultrasound at your post op appts this did not happen at my previous doctor. The nurses tell you exactly what to do for your scars and how to bind your garments. Vicki is very kind and their is a nurse with red curly hair who is really good( cant remember her name:/). The staff is professional but they feel like family . I highly recommend seeing Dr.L!!! I Love my body again. The only regret was not finding him sooner.

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I met Dr. LoMonaco and his staff in February after he came highly recommended to me by a friend of mine. I had breast augmentation surgery with saline implants done by another well known and reputable plastic surgeon here in Houston in May 2005. So, after 10 years, I knew I needed to either remove or replace my original implants. I met Dr. LoMonaco, Destiny, Chela, Vicki, and the other staff members during my first visit, which was a lengthy and thorough consultation. They all have a very friendly, yet professional manner which made me feel comfortable and important (I realize now how much more caring he is than my original surgeon). Dr. L was full of knowledge and information and I had many questions regarding my situation. I found he listened carefully and although he gave me his opinion, he also respected my thoughts and concerns. I am a small framed, 5'2" (on a tall day!) active middle- aged mother of four kids who has wanted to have natural looking breasts like I did before breastfeeding my children. He asked me a lot of questions, and really listened to me. I never felt rushed through my visit and we discussed the pros and cons of saline vs. silicone and other surgery issues at length. Fast forward six months, Dr. L performed my implant exchange surgery and I couldn't be more pleased with my results. I went from a full and high 34B to a 32C/more manageable 34B and my breasts look very natural now. Most people don't realize I've had any surgery at all. My recovery time was short and I felt I was in good care throughout. The nurses phoned me everyday after my surgery to check on me and on other occasions when I had specific questions for Dr. LoMonaco, it was not unusual for him to phone me himself. I honestly enjoy seeing him and those wonderful helping women in his office. I've recommended him to friends of mine knowing that they would also be given the genuine care that I was given. Dr. LoMonaco is top notch! If I had to do this all again, I wouldn't change a thing! Many thanks!

flag | Submitted September 4, 2015

I recently had my first consultation with Dr. LoMonaco. He was so patient and helpful while he took ample time with me to explain my options to achieve my goal look. I was very surprised that a doctor would block off such a long time to consult with a patient. Made me feel at ease and that I was more than a number to him. I appreciate that. I look forward to my new transformation and posting my great results!

flag | Submitted September 1, 2015

II had a breast lift performed in 2008. I was satisfied as far as I could tell, but I wasn't sure whether the work done was good or not because I had never really seen anybody else's besides the doctor's before and after pictures. The other day (this is 2015), I went to have my mammogram performed and the tech said, "Who did your breast surgery? They did a great job!" Who would know better than the mammogram tech who sees breasts all day?

flag | Submitted July 1, 2015

So far, I've only gone to Dr. Lomonaco for facial filler and Dysport and Botox. He is great-- he is conservative in his approach so you don't get that ridiculous "deer in the headlights" popped open eyes and warns that too much Botox may cause your eye to droop. I appreciate his honesty, time and listening skills. A friend also goes for lip filler and despite his advice against too much filler, she looks a tad over-filled to me, but she is happy. He's done her eyes and she looks good. I appreciate his honesty that his preferred focus is breast and body contouring and weight-loss body contouring rather than simply telling you that he can "do it all." Highly recommend.

flag | Submitted June 5, 2015

Dr. John LoMonaco's Credentials

Yes, this doctor is accepting new patients

Dr LoMonaco completed his General Surgery training at Memorial Hermann and MD Anderson Hospitals in Houston Texas in 1997 and went on to a plastic surgery fellowship at University of Texas Medical School-Houston. He spent 2 years researching skin substitutes and wound healing, and served as full time faculty at the University. He was also Director of the Plastic Surgery program at LBJ Hospital from 1998 - 2001 before he entered private practice. Dr LoMonaco enjoys one of the highest-rated practices by patients in the Houston area, and specialized just in breast and body procedures. He attributes the success of his practice to the unhurried, personalized service he and his staff deliver to each patient

• Spanish

• U Of Tx Med Sch At Houston, Houston Tx 77225 (Grad. 1990)